It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many shops restaurants businesses banks are closing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: musicismagic

It might be the soaring high cost of rental units, some are going up 10 to 20 percent these days. Is it once again greed within capitalism?

I’d like to see different types of malls.

That include live theaters, art museums, play places, better food courts, and sample shops (order from the sample home delivery).

And clothing stores with body scanners — that order clothes to fit.

The way of the future is online ordering — but a realistic personal experience is needed to go along with it.

That's a great idea because then they could have their own police force/surveillance systems in a smaller space, that is if the main concern is for better safety, lower theft, and/or lower rents. Wouldn't smaller retail spaces within that mall also be a solution (less space, less rent) and if they don't have an item in stock then a quick delivery method (like Amazon lol cough) including alterations? It makes sense because before I go to a live theatre a passable dinner beforehand is a must - two birds with that one stone right there.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Cycles. Too many simultaneous high peaks of bad things.

It will go away, and be back another day.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Have you noticed food prices under Biden? All , according to them , because of covid and sanctions. Nothing to do with corporate greed working together to up prices everywhere off course. And off course, none of the polticians do any insider trading, so they won't know which prices are going to go up.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry
The extremely competitive free market was obviously going to end up like this.

Yes, extremely competitive but that's what it's always been about. It takes (and always has taken) a lot of work to run a small business. Could it be that people just don't want to work that hard anymore? Younger generations believe life should be easy and given trophies for not winning.

I'm not sure if it's because younger people are not willing to go out and do the work. It's possible that's true but it is also very possible and probable the younger ones have been forced into a no win situation unless they have legacy behind them.
Capitalism at its best.
Financial ruin at it's worst.
A balance hasn't been figured out yet IMHO. Hopefully they the young ones can figure this out.

Stop complaining about capitalism. Capitalism is not the problem. A corrupt self-serving 'government' and 'elite' are. Look at NK and tell me you think they have it better? You are , still, in a free country and are free to make your own life choices and changes needed to get where you want to be. The poor people in NK can only dream of that.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It might be the soaring high cost of rental units, some are going up 10 to 20 percent these days. Is it once again greed within capitalism?

I’d like to see different types of malls.

That include live theaters, art museums, play places, better food courts, and sample shops (order from the sample home delivery).

And clothing stores with body scanners — that order clothes to fit.

The way of the future is online ordering — but a realistic personal experience is needed to go along with it.

That's a great idea because then they could have their own police force/surveillance systems in a smaller space, that is if the main concern is for better safety, lower theft, and/or lower rents. Wouldn't smaller retail spaces within that mall also be a solution (less space, less rent) and if they don't have an item in stock then a quick delivery method (like Amazon lol cough) including alterations? It makes sense because before I go to a live theatre a passable dinner beforehand is a must - two birds with that one stone right there.

Right. Who mostly goes to malls these days?

Teenagers and moms with kids (where else can you go with your kids that doesn’t cost a fortune?)

Def need strong security anywhere teens hangout. And storefronts with bulletproof closures (let’s be real).

These malls just need to modernize to a changing world.

Walmart is testing “sealed stores”. You have to have a coded card to enter. Anything you put in your cart (or on your person) is automatically scanned to your card.

I’d go as far as requiring an ID to enter any enclosed mall.
edit on 24-9-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
All part of the bigger plan......

"you will have NOTHING...and you WILL be happy.

All the best

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Just stay your ass at home then if you are so scared of the real world. You can even bitch in the VR meta and get people banned for hurting your feelz. If you demand an ID to get into a mall, why not one to vote??

Your ideal vision of shopping should sicken anyone who enjoys liberty. Just volunteer for prison now and get it over with. If anyone enabled a policy like that I would just pay more and shop somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Just stay your ass at home then if you are so scared of the real world. You can even bitch in the VR meta and get people banned for hurting your feelz. If you demand an ID to get into a mall, why not one to vote??

Your ideal vision of shopping should sicken anyone who enjoys liberty. Just volunteer for prison now and get it over with. If anyone enabled a policy like that I would just pay more and shop somewhere else.

You show a reflection of yourself in your words.

I am a realist. There’s no fear in wanting a safe place to spend the day with my family.

I want to keep stores open and have the shopping experience. I just think it needs to be done differently.

A Free World that everyone’s gonna be nice & respectful as you go about your business is a delusion.

As far as mostly staying at home — what’s not to like and enjoy?

Tell me why I have to go out among strangers and socialize.
edit on 24-9-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Henry Ford didn't say that.

Once money has been printed it can either float out into the world via banks slowly releasing it through loans or investments.

Governments directly injected money into the economy skipping the usual trusts, hence why they are now reeling it back in as best they can, hence why the IRS for example hired so many people.

But then again, I'm arguing with someone who thinks it wasn't real or something. Here's a different perspective, people with half a brain cell knew we were due for a pandemic and took advantage of it, but it doesn't mean it was planned, they just were more prepared than you.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

What the world is going on there's not going to be any places pretty soon to shop at. I don't have the link but Sun newspaper just reported a whole bunch more closings so I guess you can check the internet on that part.

Not a problem, the government is already looking at city owned stores for your needs...
Chicago mayor considers creating city-owned grocery store after Walmart, Whole Foods close stores in the city

What could go wrong?

So government is going to control the means of production.

It's a Planned Economy.

Just like China.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Marxism all the way to the top.

Wait when Newsome becomes president, by the will of Soros.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: DBCowboy

Marxism all the way to the top.

Wait when Newsome becomes president, by the will of Soros.

That's what they've been planning.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A reflection of the maniacs you vote to govern your community I suppose. My family and I go out every weekend into shopping districts, beaches, downtown riverwalk, state parks, malls, the movies. If the city has it we go there. Museums, zoos, the theme parks. Never been assaulted with them in any of these public venues or witnessed it. I am sure it happens because occasionally idiots going idiot. But those are outliers and rarely occur. Our leaders take the safety of the community seriously and don't find ways to keep violent criminal thieves on the streets to continue harming the community and local business.
Don't you find it ironic you are talking up ways for corporate actors to deprive honest people of their liberties as a solution to crime you acknowledge is out of control, but defend the elected reps in your jurisdictions who actually enable and facilitate the ongoing epidemic of these crimes with their illogical soft on crime policies? It is our outside observation that is what these activist judges, prosecutors, mayors and reps are doing in the kinds of communities you are referring to.

I feel perfectly safe being out with my family in my community. We rotate through four malls, the zoo, aquarium, two museums, adventure island, the gulf beaches. Just vote for folks that take public security and law and order seriously is all.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Lucky you.

Many places that used to be safe are no longer safe.

The trend is not heading in the idealistic scenario you project.

Reasons why don’t matter.

Alternatives need to be considered.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Wrong.

Reasons DO matter.

Especially leftist policies designed to create such unsafe environments.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Klassified

What the world is going on there's not going to be any places pretty soon to shop at. I don't have the link but Sun newspaper just reported a whole bunch more closings so I guess you can check the internet on that part.

Not a problem, the government is already looking at city owned stores for your needs...
Chicago mayor considers creating city-owned grocery store after Walmart, Whole Foods close stores in the city

What could go wrong?

So government is going to control the means of production.

It's a Planned Economy.

Just like China.

Rations anyone?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wrong.

Reasons DO matter.

Especially leftist policies designed to create such unsafe environments.

OMG — let’s put the self-righteous, all-perfect Righties on a pedestal.

Your repetition is showing.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   
the maniac mobs that you have professed to support in the past came to my city as well. They attempted to attack the University mall, which was quite heavily fortified ahead of time thanks to care and proper planning. So they took their attack across the street and looted and burned a sneaker store, a family owned Vietnamese diner, and a jewelry store. Police mobilized and surrounded them shortly thereafter and processed as many as could be. Images were released and more continued to be arrested and prosecuted weeks and months after.

The diner was rebuilt with contributions from the local community including football players for the USF Bulls who were frequent regulars there. A properly managed community that cares about itself starts with the people who are elected. Our officials are not frothing at the mouth to appease foreign agents of the European Monarchs and NAZI's of the World economic forum, such as the ones that have clearly been elected in the jurisdictions you currently fear so much.

Stupid games stupid prizes right?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
the maniac mobs that you have professed to support in the past came to my city as well.

Please, show me any post I’ve made supporting a mob.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join