It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many shops restaurants businesses banks are closing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I can't speak for the rest of the world but here in the states the costs of running a business have skyrocketed over the last two or three years.

Insurance, labor, utilities, shipping, materials....
All are way up.
Materials have nearly doubled.

All a business owner can do is raise prices and in the past that's something you can do gradually but today it jumps.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yeah, no.

Everyone should be required to open carry a pack of butter, just in case of grilled corn. Public safety, yo!

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile

Yeah, no.

Everyone should be required to open carry a pack of butter, just in case of grilled corn. Public safety, yo!

I like mine charred with dry spices, preferably dried spices then charring. That takes care of any baddies buggies.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Not how it works. There is a process to insure that restaurants handle food responsibly such that their patrons do not sicken and die after consuming the food they purchased. The compliance these businesses must perform to keep their licenses is expensive. It is not fair for the street vendors to undercut them. Even the food trucks are licensed.

This is how you know it's safe to order roast corn with mayo from licensed vendors.... mostly....

But the street vendors undercut them on price and people got to eat......

And it's not just the mayo..... I use that as an example we all can relate to, but you fall on that for arguments sake even tho' you know what I was saying.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Not how it works. There is a process to insure that restaurants handle food responsibly such that their patrons do not sicken and die after consuming the food they purchased. The compliance these businesses must perform to keep their licenses is expensive. It is not fair for the street vendors to undercut them. Even the food trucks are licensed.

This is how you know it's safe to order roast corn with mayo from licensed vendors.... mostly....

But the street vendors undercut them on price and people got to eat......

And it's not just the mayo..... I use that as an example we all can relate to, but you fall on that for arguments sake even tho' you know what I was saying.

Even at my local waterfront hot dog stand, I always bypass the mayo because it's just common sense. Another consideration is just how busy the food truck is and how fast they go through the mayo. If very busy then would it not stand to reason that everything would always be fresh or still good up to a 2 hour period? Could also junk food eaters, food truck eaters, fast food eaters develop a sort of tolerance or building up their immune systems to handle these bugs?
edit on q00000028930America/Chicago4040America/Chicago9 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Good for you.

Perhaps someone else is not as knowledgeable about such.

The burden is on the seller to provide a SAFE PRODUCT.

Not on the buyer having common sense.

But you know this. You just hang on to annoy.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Good for you.

Perhaps someone else is not as knowledgeable about such.

The burden is on the seller to provide a SAFE PRODUCT.

Not on the buyer having common sense.

But you know this. You just hang on to annoy.

Read my ETA above. The customer should assume some responsibility for themselves too.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Nope, not how it works. By law. The vendors must adhere to safety standards. Id bet your fav hot dog stand has a license.

These aren't the folks I'm talking about.

Im talking about the sudden rise of unlicensed food distributors popping up, unfaily competing with business that are complying to the law and undercutting them.

FIrst, its bad for public safety. Second, its unfair for those trying to obey public safety laws.

You can justify this any way you want, but it's another by product of rampant invasion.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Nope, not how it works. By law. The vendors must adhere to safety standards. Id bet your fav hot dog stand has a license.

These aren't the folks I'm talking about.

Im talking about the sudden rise of unlicensed food distributors popping up, unfaily competing with business that are complying to the law and undercutting them.

FIrst, its bad for public safety. Second, its unfair for those trying to obey public safety laws.

You can justify this any way you want, but it's another by product of rampant invasion.

My hot dog stand has mayo in little packets, which I still avoid because of the preservatives. Any hoot, if in doubt ask to see their license and like I said if they are really busy then the turnover of condiments and food stuffs should keep everything within the safe range. Again, don't eat the mayo or tell them to hold it. Even with all that, a third vendor product could still cause illness and that can happen in your own home from food stuffs bought at your local supermarket.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Ok, since youve beat the mayo horse to death, now address how it undercuts businesses in compliance with licenses.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I guess the divine "major" will protect the stores using the national guard, because after all, the police is out of the question, when he made it his political goal to defund them.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ok, since youve beat the mayo horse to death, now address how it undercuts businesses in compliance with licenses.

You tell us, it's your alleged travesty.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Fair enough... I'd point out there's a commonality here, cities are either just like they've always been, centers of high density and crime naturally follows, or it's overblown hyperbole. Probably a bit of both.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I have. Ive asked you to drop your mayo focus and look at the bigger picture.

The businesses that have a legit right to insist that these vendors be chased out of the parks.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I have. Ive asked you to drop your mayo focus and look at the bigger picture.

The businesses that have a legit right to insist that these vendors be chased out of the parks.

I also addressed it, go back and read my reply. Next.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Must have missed it in all your mayonnaise points.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Must have missed it in all your mayonnaise points.

As per usual here.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: musicismagic

It might be the soaring high cost of rental units, some are going up 10 to 20 percent these days. Is it once again greed within capitalism?

I’d like to see different types of malls.

That include live theaters, art museums, play places, better food courts, and sample shops (order from the sample home delivery).

And clothing stores with body scanners — that order clothes to fit.

The way of the future is online ordering — but a realistic personal experience is needed to go along with it.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here in the UK an awful lot of high street banks have closed, many pubs have gone and the high streets are full of charity shops, coffee houses and nail bars with many shops to let.

But according to Rishi and the Bank of England we need high interest rates to drive down inflation because we are all spending too much.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: tanstaafl

Ah, so it was all a conspiracy? And not an attempt to save people's lives?

Of course it was. Anyone with at least two functional brain cells to rub together can see that.

The money injected into the economy, to you know, save people from starving

Yes, all of those big screen TV purchases after the stimmy checks poured in are plain evidence of the falsity of your comment.

and not be evicted by greedy landlords,

You mean those landlords who wanted to evict those greedy tenants who wanted to live in their properties rent free for 2+ years, but were prevented from doing so, yet still had to continue making their mortgage payments on their rental properties, fix things that their tenants broke, etc etc ad nauseum? Those greedy landlords?

or banks foreclosing homes, can't just be vacuumed back in.

Oh it can, and will, that is how they precipated the Great Depression - it is called a contraction of the money supply.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
Henry Ford

The good news is, people are slowly waking up, and the advancement of the worlds first truly inflation proof, fully decentralized money system (bitcoin) is proof of this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join