It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Futile Enterprises Inc.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The fire burns the spines.
easier to peel afterwards.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Andy Warhol was declared dead in the hospital after being shot by a supposedly disgruntled wack-a-doodle, although 2 days earlier the NYT wrote that Warhol had to be stopped. A visiting surgeon realized who was lying there, and worked hours to bring him back to life. Warhol said he felt he lived half in this world and half in the here after from then on.

Taking a step out of our immediate emotion to observe our actions is a tool in life. All in all, we're accountable for how we treat others. What a joke if we are what we hate.

edit on 9 21 2023 by BelleEpoque because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I didn't say it created anything. I say that it is where my experience of these things happens.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

lol I liked that.
Listening to some Camus stuff on the side that fell right in line with the absurdism

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I know you don't care but I read the OP a few times and if nothing else, admire your honesty.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't know if you like country music
but there was this ATS thread about a country singer.
ATS piled on against her while saying they don't know who she is.

ATS for you.
So I looked up her song. I like it.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I didn't say it created anything. I say that it is where my experience of these things happens.

I'm not sure you understand how much you contradict yourself...

Where a lot of people have different interpretations to me that is the universe, the source of all love, life and intelligence. Funny thing is that is basically impossible.

Thanks for clarifying how you went from the universe being the "source" of everything to you believing your "experience" is what led to your belief.

What "experience" led you to this belief?

edit on 21-9-2023 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

alright this is the last time I answer to you because this is really just a pointless waste of time for me.
First you don't know what the universe is. Now you try to pin it on me that you fundamentally don't understand what source means, source is like a well, the fountain from which water springs, the fountain doesn't create the water.
The universe in this analogy is the fountain the water is my experience of the universe.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

First you don't know what the universe is. Now you try to pin it on me that you fundamentally don't understand what source means, source is like a well, the fountain from which water springs, the fountain doesn't create the water.
The universe in this analogy is the fountain the water is my experience of the universe.

That's a pretty crappy analogy, as YOU obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "source". All you're proving is that the universe is a CONTAINER, like a well, that works as a conduit through which the source flows through.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You died? That's like the first big question mark.

Then I wonder, why all the bad stuff you perceive is out there and not worth caring about but all the good stuff is inside and worth protecting?

I have arrived in a world view where everything outside my own perception is just a possibility.

That's a solitary place from what I remeber.
How does that work for others, do they only exist as possibility?
Or is their self enough to make them more than a possibility?
Hearsay, is a real bitch when searching for truth. At least the one that matters to you...

To think you'll find the solution and will change the world depends on forces beyond our puny understanding of reality, it is what we make it to be.

New physical models have great potential to change the world and still have nothing to do with truth. If they did they'd become totaly useless...

ETA

Basic needs:
I agree! if you have the basic needs covered and you aren't happy, nothing will make you happy....

Water
food
Shelter
Many tend to forget sex, it's a basic need for the survival of the species...
Just like you can live without shelter in some places of the world. It is detrimental to your psychological well-being, to not have a save place.

Honestly, I think you just need to get laid

edit on 21-9-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

i think the issue is because you think in objects/persons I think in stories. Right. I mean there is no doubt you as person exist that is not of my interest though, because that is not something I concern myself with questioning like the simulation people do.
The story is what matters. I can only know if you see our interaction the same way as I do if we do have a verbal exchange about it and that will naturally never contain everything that ever went through your/my head when interacting.
So that is the prossibility I am talking about, I know for certain how i perceive you and/or our interaction how you see it will always be hearsay that could be true what I guess what you tell me, but doesn't have to be.

Because there's alot of things in your post that don't apply and don't make sense to me I give you the benefit of a doubt that it might be caused by that misunderstanding?

To think you'll find the solution and will change the world depends on forces beyond our puny understanding of reality, it is what we make it to be.

Yeah well I got great contacts I am sure I can do it. Or am at least not willing to give up on trying, yet.

New physical models have great potential to change the world and still have nothing to do with truth. If they did they'd become totaly useless...

i am not creating a new physical model, I am figuring out raw truth. A meta-philosophical approach that guides the hard science peeps towards the overlooked area wherer we can find 'mind stuff' and the above mentioned forces (and agents) that interact with us from there.

It is delusion of grandeur as life goal but if it is not seemingly impossible... where'd be the fun?

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I barely ever attack anyone personally.

We can see your past posts, you know.

<< 1  2   >>

join