It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Futile Enterprises Inc.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I don't want to be like you. I don't want to be one of you, or any group humans constructed.

Who or what do you prefer to be?

But frankly what I do and what I try to do puts me by default above all of you, every human, no matter who.

How so? What is it you are doing or trying to do? What makes you believe that what you are doing is any different than what someone else is doing?

Remember that old saying, "there is nothing new under the sun?" Ecclesiastes 1:9 - The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Your entire post reminds me of the books of Ecclesiastes as quoted from King Solomon. He prayed for wisdom and got it, but here is where it led...

Ecclesiastes 1:17-18 - And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Ultimately, wisdom will only bring you to the truths of this fallen world, how broken it is, and how it can not be made straight by our own will, desire, or hand. This is where faith comes in. Only faith in something greater than yourself can bring you out of this continual state you are in. The same state that many other people are experiencing along with you.

Something tells me that reading the books of Ecclesiastes might at least help you to understand how you're not really alone in feeling how pointless this life can sometimes feel.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Like I said Peeps I always try and read your posts...got a feeling this thread is better read during the evening than in the morning.

Dont need this rattling around in my noodle all day.

The way people process the input is a survival mechanism, while you seemingly thrive in the chaos, most people do not.

As long as you are happy and content and not hurting others live your truth...

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   

All of you "enlightened" folks want to lambast the ego, but the ego is there for a reason. I'll leave you "enlightened" ones to figure out what that reason is.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

lol I am not enlightened and have no ambition to be.

I am just searching answers, sometimes new questions and in between ways to prove or disprove them.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Accept that no matter what you want to believe it is a trap.

The real trap is living in your continual state of "doubt". With that mindset, there is no room for truth, much less a belief that one even exists because you'll be constantly questioning it. Hopefully, you'll be able to drop the ego and humble yourself enough to recognize what truth is and develop a level of faith and understanding that you've never known or experienced before.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

lol
no.
i will never humble myself to believe anything that is obviously false just to comfort myself.

I mean you do you. but as long as it is not true i will not pretend it is just to avoid things being a little more challenging.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Cactus Apples are sweet.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

All of you "enlightened" folks want to lambast the ego, but the ego is there for a reason. I'll leave you "enlightened" ones to figure out what that reason is.

Why do you believe the ego exists? Some kind of human mental survival trait?

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I read your posts. Rarely do I agree with them, but I read them.

I find this one interesting, in the fact that you claim, to be "above" everyone else, and that you have it "figured out" and we do not yet, and that frustrates you.

When that cannot be the case.

Because every individual is supposed to find their OWN truth, path, reason to be here, ect.
It cannot be the same as yours, so therefore you can't be "above". Only equal to someone who has found their own truth.

How you choose to interact with others really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. You have lessons to learn, as do I.
When people choose to reach out to others with kindness and generosity, it is basically to make our time here more pleasant, empathy, karma points, or to get into Heaven I suppose. It does make my little corner of the world better, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

lol
no.
i will never humble myself to believe anything that is obviously false just to comfort myself.

I mean you do you. but as long as it is not true i will not pretend it is just to avoid things being a little more challenging.

How do you know it's not true?

While you may choose not to believe that a combination of ego combined with stubborness was Satan's greatest downfall, that doesn't mean it's not true. You don't even have to believe the Bible to know that those two combinations are dangerous and disastrous in today's world.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

opuntia is actually pretty awesome. You can make the green leaves like Schnitzel in a pan and they are really good for you for treating diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity and hangovers. And has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.

I also like how she looks that sexy plant

grows like weed too
A Plant of The Future!

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Maybe i can succeed where Satan failed? That would be a nice challenge for me I think... jk

i know Christianity is false because it is for the most part built on the resurrection and return of Jesus. Two things that with absolute certainty never have and never will happen
I mean you can keep waiting for another couple of thousand years, that's not really my issue if it helps you compensate whatever subconscious needs you have, but you are definitely preaching to the wrong person here

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You can make the green leaves like Schnitzel in a pan

This one time when I was a 14 year old run away,

I had a choice to make:

Kill a steer, learn to butcher, smoke cure, preserve, evade an angry rancher.

or

Eat a opuntia cooked over open flame.

I chose the easy route, opuntia.

--------
Maybe 15.
Ages are hard to remember sometimes.
They change every year.

edit on 21-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You claim to believe that with certainty, but what makes you certain in your beliefs that "the universe, the source of all love, life and intelligence" is true? Why do you hold this belief above any other? What is your definition of the universe?

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 21-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You're joking, right?
You don't know what the universe is?
lol
Hint: It is that which contains everything we know, which is exactly why I can say it is the source of life, love and intelligence because that is where I have my experience of those things in.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Well I hope took the skin and spikes of otherwise it is rather unpleasant.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You're joking, right?
You don't know what the universe is?
lol
Hint: It is that which contains everything we know, which is exactly why I can say it is the source of life, love and intelligence because that is where I have my experience of those things in.

Please explain how the universe created life, created love, and created intelligence. It may sustain all of us, but there is absolutely no evidence that the universe created any of it. You only know with certainty that it "contains" it. Physical matter doesn't create emotions or thoughts.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: Klassified

Why do you believe the ego exists? Some kind of human mental survival trait?

Simply put, the ego defines who we are as an individual and how we interact with others. It is our sense of self-esteem, and therefore our sense of place in the "grand scheme of life" to coin a phrase. Without it, we become more like automatons than humans.

Kept in check, the ego is all-important throughout our life. Left unchecked, it becomes destructive to us and those around us.

ETA: Good to see you around, Deetermined.
edit on 9/21/2023 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Maybe those little wolves have evolved into dogs...

One's mad and the other's depressed. Reading this did speak to a side of me that howls at the moon but then a good think about things just gave the conclusion of what's the point.

Nobody is above the human condition from what I gather and I'm yet to be convinced otherwise. So walk the dogs, feed em well and give them the freedom to howl now and then. It's all I've got really beyond metaphorically speaking of cages and rattling chains.

Training = dopamine and opiates! Woohoo!

What would make you feel alive again? Does God need to come down here and shout walkies to you? I'd tell him to # off personally.

<< 1    3 >>

join