It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan this has to do with people that live near the Air Force Base in Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I was stationed at yokota Air Force Base in Tokyo.
And I understand the fears that the people are now aware of about the pollution caused by the United States Air Force.
I post the link so go ahead and read it and it's pretty bad news really no matter how you want to take it.

english.kyodonews.net...

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

They just dumped god only knows how much "treated" water from Fukushima into their immediate surroundings. Actually, it's been ongoing for years.

Of course the US is the bad guy as of 20 hrs ago...🙄 The story is an obvious deflection, of sorts, away from recent events.

Anyone wanna go for sushi??🤢

edit on 8/27/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I remember your thread on Fukushima. Check this out.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on CSun, 27 Aug 2023 22:06:31 -0500pm2023-08-27T22:06:31-05:00kpmSundaypm2023-08-27T22:06:31-05:00k by Crackalackin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I fail to see the problem so please explain it to me?
Last I checked it's the American way.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   

bet they ain't fearful of all that money being made off that USAF base and air men stationed there or the other services bases.
tell you what have the japanese go siphon all the radioactive water they just dumped and have been dumping out of the pacific then worry about the USAF base first. that would be a good start.
the U.S.government spent 5 billion in 2017/2018 for rent and leases on the bases. that doesn't include what is made off the service men and there families. it's also my understanding that the cost has dropped due to the break up of Marines stationed on Okinawa.

here is a cost break down, warning down loads a PDF.
Germany and Japan are the largest expenditure, plus any attack on them would most likely invoke a MDT (Mutual Defense Treaty) one for sure the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan and maybe the Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty if they push to much and the U.S. pulls out that some big bennies they are going to lose.

go to page 208 on tool bar, 205 in the document

OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OVERVIEW FISCAL YEAR 2018 BUDGET ESTIMATES

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Ah, so it’s all ok then, and you get a star, well done
No wonder the world is embracing Russia and China now

We are your friend (but we don’t really care)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

So you are saying the US are the good guys, that it’s all a-ok because Japan done it
Or
Are you saying the USofA is just as disgusting and careless as Japan

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I was stationed at yokota Air Force Base in Tokyo.
And I understand the fears that the people are now aware of about the pollution caused by the United States Air Force.l

I was stationed at Camp Zama - US Army Base near Tokyo.
I flew in and out of Yokota AFB a few times.
The air quality in Japan around Tokyo is horrid.
It's not from the US Military.
It's from an over populated polluting Japanese population.
Air quality at Camp Zama sucked, and there was no AFB causing it.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Ah, so it’s all ok then, and you get a star, well done No wonder the world is embracing Russia and China now We are your friend (but we don’t really care)

no it the pot calling the kettle black. japan pollutes just as much as any other country. in fact for a country that at best only has a third or less of the worlds most populated nations, being ranked 5th for total output of pollution by population shouldn't be whining about how much others are generating especially when they are collecting rent form another country that they claim is polluting their country. they should be working on fixing their first.
people that live in glass houses and all that.

if they want to stop U.S. pollution in their country, evict the tenant called Uncle Sam and be done with it. but their not going to do that.the lose of 5 billion plus

oh and so you know china is #1 and russia is #4 are in the top five along with the U.S. and india. do you think their gonna worry about how much people complain how they pollute in their countries. no they'll just invade, or threaten to if you don't bow down.

edit on 28-8-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

So, it’s ok to crap in someone else’s home, just as long as others are doing it
Yeah, I think I understand
You are not welcome where I am, with that attitude
Stay out of my country as well
Justify your crimes, with out even blinking, justify evil, it’s what your country seems to represent now, from the top down

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

So, it’s ok to crap in someone else’s home, just as long as others are doing it Yeah, I think I understand You are not welcome where I am, with that attitude Stay out of my country as well Justify your crimes, with out even blinking, justify evil, it’s what your country seems to represent now, from the top do

i didn't say that what i said they need to focus on their problems before complaining about others especially when money they take in from renters could be put towards fixing theirs. in other words lead by example.

if you live where i think you live, tell you the truth i'm glad i don't live or welcomed there. but it seems that if it is you can complain even more cause your country ( if it is what i think) seems to be becoming even better buddies with the U.S. than ever before and not being so cozies with china.

Australia is becoming America’s military launchpad into Asia

better put some bricks around that glass house of yours.

ETA: i just did a little digging and found that i may have been wrong about where i thought you lived. if is the place that i believe i found it to be, you would never ever have to worry about me visiting or moving there. and thast country ain't even embracing china or russia, in fact many say they are instigators and have one of the worlds worst records of violating others countries rights, even more so that the U.S.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: EternalShadow

So you are saying the US are the good guys, that it’s all a-ok because Japan done it
Or
Are you saying the USofA is just as disgusting and careless as Japan

No, I'm just saying the timing is a little convenient even though they've been drip feeding into the Pacific 400+ tons of "treated" water everyday since March of 2011. Probably A LOT more initially.

But yeah, PFAS chemicals have created an environmental catastrophe. Whether that's true or not its just a way to get out ahead of the disaster they're creating from the disaster they created.🙄 We're talking TEPCO here....lol

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes I live in Australia and the thought of the US treating its allies that way
Go away, that’s my point

And just so you understand my argument
All you say is
“It’s ok for the US to treat others poorly because everyone else does it”
It’s disgusting and, go away

Better off cosying up to Russia and China if that’s how the US treats “friends”

Oh and Bernie, when I say “go away” it’s not personal, it’s not between you and I, it’s about the way your government treats countries they are involved with.
It’s just not excusable to pollute another country

Yes Japan has issues, did have issues and will have issues, just not acceptable for the US to pollute Japan and there is no excuse
edit on 28-8-2023 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join