It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia's Kensington Avenue!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Lmao, if that is the worst you have seen. Try it when it's not raining, Kensington is literally the getto in Philadelphia.

It's always been where people go to get drugged up and disappear for months on end, so nothing's really changed. Maybe less ppl on the streets.

Drugs and gang wars are common there. Same with muggings and more if you turn down the wrong street. Kensington up to 49th Street (never had to actually go further then that but had to get off at 51st station.). With a few small and I do mean small area neighborhoods is all garbage and getto.

Even China town which isn't much further is in getto neighborhoods. Where more then half the buildings use cut wires instead of doorbells. Although if you wanna see the slums the other way you could always check out fishtown, they too have a serious drug and crime problem.

There's only a handful of places in Philly that remain good, but those have been taken over by the immigrants from Puerto Rico and those people bring that mentality with them. "In Puerto Rico You do drugs, sell drugs, or trade sex for drugs" - exact words from a neighbor's who's "uncle" is shooting up next to him.

Glad I don't live in Philly no more. Ain't nothing like 2-5am a drugged up neighbor yelling and banging on his door calling, screaming and throwing a tantrum for hours on end yelling up to the second floor begging his mom for "bread" money. P.s that was in a good neighborhood.
edit on 60620235531 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Anyways Who cares about these American cities .

We need to send more Billions to Ukraine .

Or Israel.

total U.S. aid to Israel obligated from 1946-2023 is an estimated $260 billion

For FY2023, Congress authorized $520 million for joint U.S.-Israel defense programs (including $500 million for missile
defense) in the FY2023 James M. Inhofe National Defense Authorization Act. Per the terms of the MOU,Congress appropriated $3.8 billion for Israel (FMF and missile defense) in the FY2023 Consolidated Appropriations Act, and added $98.58 million in funding for other cooperative defense and nondefense programs.
sgp.fas.org...

Israel benefits society as a whole.

Ukraine does hidden deals with Clintons and Bidens.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

originally posted by: opethPA
I lived in South Philly for almost 20 years. Worked literally next to City Hall for 8 years.

I had and have friends that live in Kensington.

A couple deep into the game to the point they play it to pay their bills. They also play it so they can function each day. One of them was recently mistakenly killed by the police during an investigation gone wrong. The other remains deep in the game from both sides.

I have been to their place. Walked through the Badlands with them. I have watched them and others struggle to find a bottle of water to purchase yet within 5 mins they can hit a few different "hidden" locations and get almost any substance they want.

That is Kensington. Those are the Badlands. That specific neighborhood has a few unifiying attributes that cover every person, street corner, sound or substance.

Those attributes are despair, hopelessness and resignation. The video in the op along with the others out there give a glimpse into that world. Take anything more than a glimpse and you will feel those 3 attributes slowly taking over.

Are you romanticizing? I cannot tell.

No, not in anyway. Im not sure how you could take anything I said as romanticizing outside of the normal constraints when posting on line.

If anyone ever tries to romanticize a day in Kensington or a "shopping" trip to the Badlands then that is a person who has never been near those types of Hell.

Having been in Kenso as recently as this weekend its just a bleak as its always been.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
England has a population of 67,766,909 compared to the population of 340,239,956 for the USA. It would be more accurate to compare statistics percentage wise; I bet there wouldn't be a whole lot of difference.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The big problem is that politicians and bureaucrats have become financially incentivised to keep as many homeless people around as possible. It's no coincidence some of the richest people in California sit on the California homelessness council. Washington DC has the highest rates of homeless in the country yet they are surrounded by some of the wealthiest counties in the nation.
This is intentional...

This is a new form of slavery we are witnessing. Where the person doesn't labor all day for a master, they just exist for the master to make the argument they need more money from the establishment. Who then keep most of it for themselves.

We could start by rebuilding our mental health care industry and pass laws that treat people with mental health and addiction problems as patients not criminals.

We could stop sending hundreds of billions to destabilize nations and goad them into unwinnable proxy wars with nuclear superpowers.

We could do a lot of things as a nation to start fixing these problems. The problem is in a late stage capitalist society nothing is done out of charity there has to be an attached profit motive that's all it really boils down to. Profite motives....

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Tranq is in the USA, predominately philly. Hordes of junkies in wheelchairs because they are losing limbs. There is a 24 hr Livestream of Allegheny Ave, it is horrific, they shoot up in the neck! Bandaged up arms, hands, legs, where it's eating them alive. Check out usalivestreamtv on YouTube.

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: peter_kandra
a reply to: gortex

I think this is where the drug tranq is popular...makes pieces of your flesh fall off.

No, that is Russia...crocodil
The bent over nod off behavior is heroine, opiates and fentenal (sp?)
They pretty much graduate up to the fent, then die.
It's pretty sad really.
No direction

edit on 22-8-2023 by BlueBaby because: Add

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Wow. Unreal what has happened on Allegheny Ave the last 48 hours. Incredibly sad, surreal. And this morning, the Livestream is no longer there. Nevermind, it's working again.
edit on 24-8-2023 by BlueBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There are 3 live streams in place now. A guy came up with a cardboard sign at camera 2, he was telling the junkies they were being livestreamed, pfff, they don't care. His sign said "fluffhead" on one side, "WSP sucks" on the other. These streams are raw, hard to watch, camera 2 is the worst. We saw a stabbing last night, and numerous people getting robbed when they nod out. And of course overdoses happen daily, sometimes more than one at a time. Something has to happen. This has to change. It's in our small town too, probably yours as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join