It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia's Kensington Avenue!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've seen some grim things in my life but nothing as grim as this , Kensington Avenue Zombie apocalypse.
The video is looped , the content is both sad and shocking , the needle and the damage done.

The American Dream , Nightmare version.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think this is where the drug tranq is popular...makes pieces of your flesh fall off.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I don't know, I've seen worse in London to be honest.
Still waiting for all the zombies and the shocking.

It's actually pretty quiet and empty for such a huge city sat midnight.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Seen a few of those.

So many guns in america and yet none seem to be pointed at the Sackler's who caused much of this...kinda crazy IMO

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Although Philadelphia is probably the most shocking visually, you can pretty much search any larger american city you can think of, especially if it is in our "blue areas" and you will see the same thing. The USA is now at best a 2nd world country. We like to think we are still first world, but we aren't. Maybe England is the same, I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Major cities are turning into hellholes.

It used to be that there places here and there that you avoided and the rest of the city was ok, but now it seems to be the opposite. I believe cities are in a death spiral. Whether it takes 5 years or 25, they'll end up looking like something out of Mad Max.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Anyways Who cares about these American cities .

We need to send more Billions to Ukraine .

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

Maybe England is the same, I have no idea.

In pockets of certain areas but not on the scale of what is shown on the video , the parts of the video I was watching with people Jacking up on the street , staggering as they walked by and plain old out of their faces either bent over or lying on the pavement and steps is destitution of a level I'm unfamiliar with , it's a sad sight I think.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
All those people just wasting their lives because they have no hope, no future. So sad. Especially in such a rich country.

The UK is rapidly going to hell too, but in a different way. Because of the welfare system it's different, but there are still loads of people at the bottom of society with no hopes or dreams. The wealth divide seems to be growing and those that were in the middle are now being screwed for everything they have too joining the poor.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Or Israel.

total U.S. aid to Israel obligated from 1946-2023 is an estimated $260 billion

For FY2023, Congress authorized $520 million for joint U.S.-Israel defense programs (including $500 million for missile
defense) in the FY2023 James M. Inhofe National Defense Authorization Act. Per the terms of the MOU,Congress appropriated $3.8 billion for Israel (FMF and missile defense) in the FY2023 Consolidated Appropriations Act, and added $98.58 million in funding for other cooperative defense and nondefense programs.
sgp.fas.org...

edit on 21-8-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

I think this is where the drug tranq is popular...makes pieces of your flesh fall off.

No, that is Russia...crocodil
The bent over nod off behavior is heroine, opiates and fentenal (sp?)
They pretty much graduate up to the fent, then die.
It's pretty sad really.
No direction

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

originally posted by: Peeple

Although Philadelphia is probably the most shocking visually, you can pretty much search any larger american city you can think of, especially if it is in our "blue areas" and you will see the same thing. The USA is now at best a 2nd world country. We like to think we are still first world, but we aren't. Maybe England is the same, I have no idea.

It’ll at least be amusing when virtually all dem-run cities look like this. Which is probably a year or two away. A Trump presidency may knock some sense into them, but otherwise blue America will be one big cesspool of trash.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Been to London and most UK cities lots of times, been all over Europe.
Seen a lot of disturbing things.
Nothing really on this scale, just the length of the street and so many despairing people devoid of all hope and reasoning.

Sad.

I watched a similar sort of video a while back, I think it was in Atlanta.
Same sort of things but on a smaller scale.

I truly wonder how widespread this is?

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: peter_kandra

No, that is Russia...crocodil
The bent over nod off behavior is heroine, opiates and fentenal (sp?)
They pretty much graduate up to the fent, then die.
It's pretty sad really.
No direction

You are incorrect, addiction to "tranq" which is I think xylaxine (sounds something similar to that) does cause peoples flesh to rot if used on a constant basis. Though i dont think as fast as that croq stuff. I think that stuff kills a person in a few months. It is not a medication of any sort but some weird bathtub thing that has never been a medicine.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Or Israel.

total U.S. aid to Israel obligated from 1946-2023 is an estimated $260 billion

For FY2023, Congress authorized $520 million for joint U.S.-Israel defense programs (including $500 million for missile
defense) in the FY2023 James M. Inhofe National Defense Authorization Act. Per the terms of the MOU,Congress appropriated $3.8 billion for Israel (FMF and missile defense) in the FY2023 Consolidated Appropriations Act, and added $98.58 million in funding for other cooperative defense and nondefense programs.
sgp.fas.org...

A fair point .

But Israel in my opinion is a good investment .

Alone in the 'Middle East ' surrounded by enemies on all sides , But Israel has proved themselves in combat many times.

Their Special Operators and Intelligence Agencies are top tier Professionals that could be used to great affect in WW3. Ukraine is a corrupt state with nothing but energy access to bargain with .

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I live in Pennsylvania! Thank God at the other end of the state. But I will leave you with this video of the mayor who is so proud of his city!

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I lived in South Philly for almost 20 years. Worked literally next to City Hall for 8 years.

I had and have friends that live in Kensington.

A couple deep into the game to the point they play it to pay their bills. They also play it so they can function each day. One of them was recently mistakenly killed by the police during an investigation gone wrong. The other remains deep in the game from both sides.

I have been to their place. Walked through the Badlands with them. I have watched them and others struggle to find a bottle of water to purchase yet within 5 mins they can hit a few different "hidden" locations and get almost any substance they want.

That is Kensington. Those are the Badlands. That specific neighborhood has a few unifiying attributes that cover every person, street corner, sound or substance.

Those attributes are despair, hopelessness and resignation. The video in the op along with the others out there give a glimpse into that world. Take anything more than a glimpse and you will feel those 3 attributes slowly taking over.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Just popped in and saw your thread. I have been fascinated by this place the last few months. Apparently when Covid hit and people were given all of the Covid money they went and bought drugs and the dealers were having a hard time keeping heroin/fentanyl in supply so they started adding more fentanyl and tranq xylazine to the mix. Now pretty much everything down there is mixed with tranq even the crack. Heroin has been replaced now with fentanyl and tranq. The wounds are horrible and some down to the bone; lots of amputations. Anyway, what I wanted to post here is that there are some live streams that have come on recently; supposedly they are hacked PD cameras- I don’t know if that is true. Warning you will see people shooting up everywhere, and you will see drug deals- but my God it is like watching a train wreck, it is hard to look away:

edit on 21-8-2023 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
I lived in South Philly for almost 20 years. Worked literally next to City Hall for 8 years.

I had and have friends that live in Kensington.

A couple deep into the game to the point they play it to pay their bills. They also play it so they can function each day. One of them was recently mistakenly killed by the police during an investigation gone wrong. The other remains deep in the game from both sides.

I have been to their place. Walked through the Badlands with them. I have watched them and others struggle to find a bottle of water to purchase yet within 5 mins they can hit a few different "hidden" locations and get almost any substance they want.

That is Kensington. Those are the Badlands. That specific neighborhood has a few unifiying attributes that cover every person, street corner, sound or substance.

Those attributes are despair, hopelessness and resignation. The video in the op along with the others out there give a glimpse into that world. Take anything more than a glimpse and you will feel those 3 attributes slowly taking over.

Are you romanticizing? I cannot tell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join