It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Teacher Fired for Reading Gender Identity Book to Fifth Graders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
New York Post - Veteran Teacher Fired for Reading Picture Book About Gender Identity to Fifth Graders

A Georgia school district fired a veteran teacher after parents balked at her reading a picture book about gender identity to a class of fifth graders.

The Cobb County School Board voted 4-3 Thursday to terminate Due West Elementary’s Katie Rinderle, who’s been teaching for 10 years — overruling a panel of retired educators who said even though she violated district policies, she should not be fired, according to 11 Alive.

After the March class reading of “My Shadow Is Purple,” a book that discusses gender identity and centers on a non-binary character, parents of Rinderle’s 10- and 11-year-old students were angry.

The concern triggered a new state law placing restrictions on how grade school teachers can discuss race and other topics in the classroom.

She's been a teacher for 10 years and knew the rules for what was appropriate and what was not. She read the book to the class and then says that she doesn’t know what’s controversial, what’s divisive or what’s sensitive about the book. That either means she's a liar or an idiot because all this LGBTQ Gender Identity stuff is OBVIOUSLY controversial, divisive and sensitive. The school board voted and fired her. Of course the three democrats on the board voted not to fire her, probably because the rules don't mean anything to them as long as the person breaking them is politically active for the left wing (IMHO). So the republicans outnumbered the democrats and she got fired.

Good. She ignored the rules and played dumb all to further her political left wing activism. She didn't get away with it. Check out the picture of her at the link. Her T SHIRT says it all. Wanna' tell me she's not a left wing political activist? Pffffft. She knew what she was doing and that it broke the rules but she did it anyways. Thankfully she was held accountable.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think the bigger issue is, is if teachers are still reading to 5th grade students in America we are kind of @&$)(ed. my son in the second grade knows how to read, write (in cursive too), and speak with reapect and resolve. My son would tell me getting read to about anything would be a strange event for him

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I got any idea, keep school for what it’s meant for - academia.

Leave the sex talk for parents to teach their kids.

Fire anyone that puts doubts in kids brains about their sexuality.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Good effing riddance to worthless woke rainbow libtard garbage, glad she got fired!!! Good job school board!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

All true

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Off topic but Scary thought... Maybe even connected...

Seems like the social environment thrives on fear driven ideologies, they're known to slow down cognitive development...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

That either means she's a liar or an idiot

My vote goes to both.
This is not Cali here folks .
edit on 8/20/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I always wonder what group pf creepy adults insisted we teach kids about sex back in the day while they are trying to learn actual academia? who the hell put up with that? look where we are now as a result

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
First world problems

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
And those who think it's ok regarding what she did and she shouldn't have been fired will be the first ones to be elated when a school district fires a teacher with 'straight' values who refuses to read a required gender identity or CRT book.

But yeah, why is a teacher reading a picture book to 5th graders?

Publisher ‎Larrikin House US (June 15, 2022)
Reading age ‎4 - 8 years, from customers
Grade level ‎Preschool - Kindergarten

The book is an addition to the book, "My shadow is pink" regarding the same gender identity issues. When will the hetero books start coming out?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reading a book like this to a child makes about as much sense to them as reading a book to a child about a boy who wants to sit on the toilet backwards to take a dump

why in school?

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

That either means she's a liar or an idiot

My vote goes to both.
This is not Cali here folks .

Here in the sf area. Ha e a lib friend and she was super upset that her 9 year odds teacher was doing the educational systems indoctrination of what gender are you. Her kid came home with a sticker they had to make with their perfered pronouns. The child chose they them. Mom was not happy at all about her kid having this taught in her child's class. She had to reteach and ask why her kid chose those pronouns. She told her mom.... " I wanted to fit in so I chose that one. " I'm telling ya since the federal government decided to create public education institutions they knew what they were capable of. They started with the idea that they can do what they want to get kids to do what they want them to do.
It's sick. It was sick then when they were trying to close the first schools (Catholic ) in the US to make t so the government can control kids and it is sick now.
I keep going back to this and I know there may be a genetic component that skipped many many generations. If 1% of people are part of the LGBTQ ++ community why do I have 1/2 ( my cousins anD 1st cousins once removed oncluding BOTH of my kids are part of the community? [14 people we are talking about. By the way these people are all 27 and younger.)

When will the public education system go away! I'm going to be a teacher for k-5th and I'll be dammed if I ever try to indoctrinate kids and manipulate them to coming up with ideas that are not themselves.

Frickin clown world. Oh My kids were only in school in California for 5 years. They were military brats. And were in other states for education including Florida for 4 years....

All this complaining and it won't stop. It's what they teach teachers. I can not tell you the ammount of insipid material I must learn so I will be sure to be Ultra sensitive. I ove kids so much I do not want to consider that they can not be them. There is no teaching about you being you. Yo are who you are. Why does the school system think they need to go further with this nonsense.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:42 AM
link   
she *ucked around
she found out

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The real solution would be to remove such materials from the curriculum at the state level. This teacher will just be replaced by another union hack fully onboard with political & cult indoctrination.
edit on 2182023 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I think the bigger issue is, is if teachers are still reading to 5th grade students in America we are kind of @&$)(ed. my son in the second grade knows how to read, write (in cursive too), and speak with reapect and resolve. My son would tell me getting read to about anything would be a strange event for him

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Why would she read out loud a picture book to 5th graders. That's something you do for first graders.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   
had to check but this is the age kids go to big school in england..

the idea of any one needing to ready story books to this age group feels performative..

At that age we had to read chapters to class on whatever the book we where studying in english literature lessons, indeed in french lessons we had to do the same i'm just pivoting back to refresh my French and my reading comprehension of french is better than i thought it would be..

being read to at that age is not just strange but runs counter to teaching anything that'll last..

given the prevailing ideology it seems more a sermon..
edit on 21-8-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Brotherman

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Why would she read out loud a picture book to 5th graders. That's something you do for first graders.

unless its something like a sermon..

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Based on my expertise of going to college and being in a fraternity that would make the movie "Animal House" look like a glee club I know her type based on her pictures.

This chick loves it back side and she's trolling for children.

What? So why else would she be reading that book to those kids of that age. It doesn't make sense to us so wise ones on ATS but sure seems to be a hidden agenda with her. IMO

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I knew this would happen back when it was the progressive left
that was banning books or insisting they be changed etc.
I knew then that without the traditional left energy against censorship that we woiuld end up in a situation where any political or religious group would seek to get every other book banned.

Seriously people, this has to stop else all we will be left with is the bible and the qoran.

I was reading a thing the other day about Jaqueline Wilson, the author.
In the Guardian they selectively quoted her to make it look like she was ok with re writing old books to get rid of offence, in the Times they edited her to make it look like she was against this form of censorship.

How about we all just say no to censorship?

edit on 53pMon, 21 Aug 2023 07:07:53 -050020232023-08-21T07:07:53-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling, natch

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
First world problems

That’s making the USA a banana republic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join