It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luna-25 has "abnormal situation" Above the Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

So NASA only tested them, and didn't develop them? Interesting, but that's not a mythicization so much as it's just a slight clarification.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm managing a thread about the race to land on the Moon's South Pole here:

Luna-25 vs Chandrayaan-3 - The race to the Moon's South Pole

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That’s some really sloppy airbrush work in the photo. πŸ˜‚

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duggz
a reply to: schuyler

So NASA only tested them, and didn't develop them? Interesting, but that's not a mythicization so much as it's just a slight clarification.

You seriously going to stick with that?

www.scientificamerican.com...
www.politifact.com...
airandspace.si.edu...
www.thespacereview.com...
checkyourfact.com... hB3zQF4Lyc

What the myth wants us to believe is that "Americans dumb; Russians smart" But that's not what happened, is it? Bottom Line: A space pen was developed but it was funded by Paul Fisher of the Fisher Pen Company, not NASA, and it is used by Russians and Americans alike to this day.

So, OK. I guess that's just a "slight clarification." LOL!!!!
edit on 8/19/2023 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

There are probably those on this thread that dont know what a slide rule is.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Suppose thats true enough.

The only reason i know their purpose is because my dad used to tell me about how he had to use one in the 60s at school to find logarithms, trigonometric functions, and the likes of square roots.

We had calculators to perform those tasks by the time i attended school in the 80s.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Looks like it crashed and burned.

m.timesofindia.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Russia's Luna-25 spacecraft 'crashes into moon

"The apparatus moved into an unpredictable orbit and ceased to exist as a result of a collision with the surface of the moon," Roscosmos said in a statement on Sunday.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Ah well, better luck next time.

Shame as well because it may have returned some interesting data.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the update guys.

Guess that's what happens when you build spacecraft from washing machine parts.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Thanks for the update guys.

Guess that's what happens when you build spacecraft from washing machine parts.

That or the Clangers speak Ukrainian these days.
Seriously, I was utterly unsurprised by this. Russia dreams of being as powerful as the old Soviet Union, but are utterly inept at everything they attempt to do.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

My first year of college, my father brought home one of the very first calculators, they passed them out at work. It cost over a grand and added/subtracted/multiplied/divided because all those functions only involve flipping bits.
A couple of months or so he showed up with one that did square roots. Still too expensive for most people. Then I started seeing signs posted on campus offering BIG rewards for 'lost' calculators. Now they are disposable, and I'm old.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

I don't remember the calculators, but i do remember my very first computer.

A ZX Spectrum 48k, with the old tape deck for storage, must have been about 1982/83.

I feel a bit old myself now CoyoteAngels carrying the same amount of years as that old thing had memory.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Oh no Boo, you are still in your prime! Just a babe from where I sit!

But Im rocking 67

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Seriously, I was utterly unsurprised by this. Russia dreams of being as powerful as the old Soviet Union, but are utterly inept at everything they attempt to do.

The first man and woman in space will always be a Russian.😘 Not to mention the first to land on the moon, first to land on Venus, first to land on Mars. Lot of firsts. Not bad for washing machine parts.

What was the peak of our #ty space program? Hmm... Beagle 2? 🀣

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What is it I'm supposed to see in the pickture...lol

i see craters, rocks, dunes, shadows. nothing that really looks artificial but then again who's to say something is artificial. although the shadows look kinda funky. to perfectly ending on the edges of everything, almost like a 5yr olds attempt at photoshop. other than that looks just like a moonscape to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

A couple of months or so he showed up with one that did square roots. Still too expensive for most people. Then I started seeing signs posted on campus offering BIG rewards for 'lost' calculators. Now they are disposable, and I'm old.

I was in the first military flight training class to use calculators from the slide ruler. Boy did I get hell at my squadron from the oldheads that thought it was crazy not to have a slide ruler.
edit on 20-8-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

A ZX Spectrum 48k, with the old tape deck for storage, must have been about 1982/83.

I went fancy... Apple 2E duel floppy drive color monitor. My first Window-based system was a 286-20 with a 60-meg hard drive and my friends asked me "What are you going to do with that? Run IBM?" My first modem was 300 baud...lol

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: baggy7981

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

The first man and woman in space will always be a Russian.😘 Not to mention the first to land on the moon, first to land on Venus, first to land on Mars. Lot of firsts. Not bad for washing machine parts.

What was the peak of our #ty space program? Hmm... Beagle 2? 🀣

Russia has the first to land on Venus and that is about it for firsts... They also dropped off in the late 80s to pretty much do nothing after that.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think the first PC i had was something resembling a 500MHz Celeron with 32Mb memory and a 500Mb hard drive. LoL

Before that, i used to work with the likes of old IBM 386 clones back in my apprenticeship days.

Ah, memories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join