It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother is mad because veterinarian won't treat her son that identifies as a cat: Satire or no? (redo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: vonclod

No offense meant, but people keep saying that, and they are just repeating what I already said. THe point is not whether or not she is trolling, but the fact that whereas 5 or 10 years ago nobody would have taken her seriously, there is now an entire segment of society that actually thinks that way. If she is trolling (i.e., satire), the she's doing it in response to actual social dialog.

I was just just stating what I thought, that's what we do here. I never read the whole thread, when I first saw this clip, I pondered it for a few seconds because, ya, things are weird these days.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

No offense meant, but people keep saying that, and they are just repeating what I already said. THe point is not whether or not she is trolling, but the fact that whereas 5 or 10 years ago nobody would have taken her seriously, there is now an entire segment of society that actually thinks that way. If she is trolling (i.e., satire), the she's doing it in response to actual social dialog.

I was just just stating what I thought, that's what we do here. I never read the whole thread, when I first saw this clip, I pondered it for a few seconds because, ya, things are weird these days.

Then we agree. My apologies for the offense.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Then we agree. My apologies for the offense.

It's all good!

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Yet you're falling for satire because you hate .

' Hate '.

you cannot Hate Unless you have Loved , To love is to truly understand and to Hate is to lose that which you love.

you cannot Hate unless you have first loved that which you hate .

I was once a Democrat but I am no longer. I do not Hate but I do Understand better than most.

Satire is but a prism through which you filter your pain.
edit on 15-8-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Nobody cares.

:

Very few people care about your circle jerk. It's why ATS is almost gone.

People who use the term “you people” reveal all I need to know about themselves.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 02:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   
People have lost the ability to admit to, and diagnose, mental illness.

The son who wants to be treated as a cat needs therapy.
The mother who thinks a vet should help needs therapy.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: malte85

And Today's whataboutism trophy goes to........

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I would section her and the child.

Coz the reality is he's not a cat and she is supposed to be a mother.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
People have lost the ability to admit to, and diagnose, mental illness.

The son who wants to be treated as a cat needs therapy.
The mother who thinks a vet should help needs therapy.

we've always had the likes in spirit animals etc though now its become the issue with neopronowns and the affirmation model.

in hr circles the discussion really revolves around therians, that is those who identify as animals and if you accept a transvestite is a women then you have no choice but to accept the therians are animals, otherwise it destroys the affirmation model which is what its actually doing

in hr circles you end up needing to then accept that neither cats or dogs have employment rights, which is ok in the parts of the us that have few employment rights but is the loose flying wheel for those that do its the one that'll take the entire edifice down..

neopronouns was the step to far, not there where not others but none that wipes out the entire ideology in one go..
edit on 16-8-2023 by nickyw because: crappy spelling typos and what not

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Someone requested cat boxes in the local school and the janitorial staff said because of health issues they would close the restrooms if the boxes were used and the school would have to hire outside contractors to clean them. Not in my contract.

Problem solved

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

it was worth it!

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I saw the video of this woman. She is certifiably nuts.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There are a couple of scenarios, firstly, the child identifying as a cat should immediately taken into a secure psychiatric establishment as he's obviously mentally "mis aligned". Then his mother should be sectioned for playing up to his mental illness. As for the man who was fired for not meowing back to somebody who identified as a cat, If that was me I would immediately identify as a dog and would bark loudly within 1 inch of her face till she left the area.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: malte85

it was worth it!

when all you got is a hammer.......

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2
People who use the term “you people” reveal all I need to know about themselves.

I believe you are the only one who has used it in this thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

I believe you are the only one who has used it in this thread.

I'm going to make money off of you people.

ETA- DERP
edit on 16-8-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

ETA- DERP

Ah, well then it would have sense for derpy to have quoted that one.

Still gonna do it though. I already have the studio.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Do you think the boy identifying as a cat should be put down? Seems fair. Problem solved. One less cat in the world, but that's a good trade.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I think my chosen name for this site says it all really.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join