It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Bud Light Best Buy! Retailer goes full woke by discriminating against its white employees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Do you think that this would be mainstream comedy if it wasn't relatable?

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's probably a workshop led by corporate white males, intent on making Black, Latino, Hispanic, Asian and Pacific Islander employees more come across less ethnic and more "white".

What does that even mean...lol

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Maybe this link will work:
www.washingtonexaminer.com... nts

This is going on all over US corporate offices. It's all about improving their ESG scores and proving up their DEI credentials. If you're white and you hang around the US long enough you're going to run into the "Race" ceiling. It's only a matter of time.

Whites with imagination and balls will get out while they can.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's probably a workshop led by corporate white males, intent on making Black, Latino, Hispanic, Asian and Pacific Islander employees more come across less ethnic and more "white".

Meaning....

A bunch of corporate old white guys, trying to make a bunch of ethnic employees come across as less ethnic and more white normal.

LOL

Like, I would trust Best Buy to have the best interest of their ethnic employees are heart when calling for their special training.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What does that even mean...lol

An exercise in whataboutism as usual.

Trying to downplay the issue of discrimination.
edit on 14-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Or... Best Buy going woke!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Meaning....

A bunch of corporate old white guys, trying to make a bunch of ethnic employees come across as less ethnic and more white normal.

So that is what you think goes on in board meetings... geez...

They have 16 people in their leadership and the CEO is a woman for 6 total and with 3 others being minorities. You come off with such a hateful attitude toward Straight White males, don't you? The CEO is mid-40s and the rest look like 40s to 50s so no boomers...

The part I don't understand is what is this whiteness that you talk about as in thinking old White straight guys go around slapping the Whiteness into minorities. Is it education or math?

edit on 14-8-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
BEST BUY: Workers Can Display Gay Pride Flags, But Not Crosses - LINK LINK2

OMG EXCLUSIVE: Second whistleblower reveals that BestBuy discriminates against religions. Geek Squad member has audio proof that the company refuses to allow Christian employees to display crosses while requiring them to attend LGBTQ workshops

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarantulaBite
BEST BUY: Workers Can Display Gay Pride Flags, But Not Crosses - LINK LINK2

OMG EXCLUSIVE: Second whistleblower reveals that BestBuy discriminates against religions. Geek Squad member has audio proof that the company refuses to allow Christian employees to display crosses while requiring them to attend LGBTQ workshops

What's the problem?
They have gone full woke!

It's really offensive to be Christian in our days and outdated.

It's very cool to show support for the LGBTQ+ community especially when you advocate for men participating in women's sports and use female only spaces.

That's what I call progress!
edit on 14-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

LOL
Geeezzz! It's like you've never seen the TV show "Blackish"!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Just astounding.
Being female Have fought constantly to not be marginalized at work, or kept in lower tier work duties while the men virtually just get promoted all around me. NOW for the showstopper I'd get KO'd for being white???!!
Are you serious???!!
(screaming at BestBuy)

This just takes the cake!!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   

LOL
Geeezzz! It's like you've never seen the TV show "Blackish"!

Nope lol

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yea.. seem a bit racist. Possibly Best Buy is trying to increase minorities in management and that's the reasoning. The way to do this, without being overtly racist, is by having company groups such as women groups, minority groups, lgbtq groups ect.. Then having the leaders of that group show how to network and apply for positions. Or in other words, help each other out.
Alot of companys have these type of groups, which I think is perfectly fine.

But straight up saying, don't apply for a development program if you're white is just blatent racism.
edit on 14-8-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Best Buy has it's time and place and rarely does it interfere in my life.

My husband used to work there, no longer, due to certain buisness practices in the tech department.

As an occasional Best Buy shopper (it's where I bought my last bog screen TV), can you elaborate?
edit on 15-8-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Best Buy is the place to go when you want to check out something you're interested in then go home and order it off Amazon.

That's one of the reasons there are fewer and fewer BBs around. Lots of shoppers, no buyers.

That is almost exactly what I did - but they actually have a price match guarantee, so all I did was find a much better deal on Amazon, showed them the link, and they matched it...

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

He worked tech bench and the manager was forcing them to clean and polish the floors in order to cut corners.

It turned him off of the entire franchise.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Stopped using Best Buy (Brick & Morter stores) years ago since it has a horrible return policy / restocking fee -

Also I don't support a Police State

Flashback
Best Buy’s Geek Squad and the FBI have been in bed together for a decade

For people who don’t know how to repair their computers, or don’t have family or friends to think of as their personal 24/7 computer expert and free repair person, they might turn to Best Buy’s Geek Squad to take care of a malware infection. But spyware might be the least of their worries if computer repair people are actually living, breathing spies working for the FBI.

The Geek Squad and the FBI have been working together for at least a decade. Even worse, the FBI has been paying Geek Squad employees to act as informants, according to documents obtained by the EFF via a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: tanstaafl

He worked tech bench and the manager was forcing them to clean and polish the floors in order to cut corners.

It turned him off of the entire franchise.

Ah, ok, well, I understand, but I was thinking maybe it was some super shady tech business practices, like replacing things that didn't need to be replaced, or padding the bill in other ways...

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
"I know all those words but that sentence makes no sense"

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think this is just a long rant of mine that goes along with why do we even need to have race as a pre-requisite for applying for something. What about not checking anything that has to do with characteristics of a person, but if you are....I remember a time when filing out any kind of application asking for gender consisted of 2 choices. Male or female. The other day, I was filling out an application and I think there was a total of 6 different choices. I had to look up what some of them meant. What is wrong with just checking off either you have male parts or female parts, regardless of if you have had surgery to change gender or how you think you see yourself as a gender. Check off what you have now!! You all are confusing me. I am not biased or hate anyone but when I have to look up in the dictionary to find out what to even properly identify you or call you, I get confused. So my next rant would be that it is coming to a point where there will be choices for light skinned Caucasian, dark skinned Asian, medium toned Black....ect.. where does it end?
edit on 15-8-2023 by CaliGirl69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2023 by CaliGirl69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join