It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UH OH Illinois allows NON citizens to become Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: tovenar
So if an officer is not a citizen, he or she may enjoy diplomatic immunity because of their own nations laws.

So it is easy enough to sue a citizen of the United States; for instance, a police officer who is guilty of misconduct, or who deprives someone of their civil rights.

But depending on the officers host country, it may be impossible to sue for misconduct. Additionally internal affairs might not be able to investigate them without the permission of their ambassador…

I'm sure all potential officers background are vetted/scrutinized more so than ordinary workers and don't forget they also subject them to psychological testing to see if they can act responsibility with the power that badge carries. What these non-citizen cops really will need, that is if they are not white, is high level de-escalation techniques on the ground. But ultimately their body cams will tell the tale if they are accused with misconduct.

That’s the Chicago Way.

I’m sure the Next of Kin will agree.

Edit to add, on second thought I disagree completely. I’m sure that labor laws and the union forbid scrutinizing some employees more than others on the basis of creed race or national origin. So no I DONT think they will be scrutinized more than other officers. And probably a lot less.

Read my post again, I said 'scrutinized more so than other workers' not other potential police officers.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I’m sure it’s fine. Really.

Nothing more to see here. Move along.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
If you think that cops are a runaway train of corruption, wait until the cartels can put THEIR people in, til they start waging cultural and drug wars with the corrupt police on the side of evil…I don’t know what the democrats are doing but beside weakening our military to a joke of pronouns and perverts, throwing away 41 trillion dollars in three years on top of the 21 trillion already “lost” without a trace, and teaching our kids about the beaming guiding light of communism and its merits, the one thing I do know is that the only thing they ARE doing is delivering us without a fight into nefarious hands of another nation and way of thinking.

The Cartels are already infiltrated some Sherrif's departments:
www.nbcnews.com...

The report said that although the groups may have started decades ago with "benign intentions," they have evolved into deputy gangs "whose members not only use gang-like symbols but engage in gang-type and criminal behavior directed against the public and other Department members," the report stated.

"They create rituals that valorize violence, such as recording all deputy involved shootings in an official book," the report continued, "celebrating with 'shooting parties,' and authorizing deputies who have shot a community member to add embellishments to their common gang tattoos."

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ha ha, you should visit Texas. For all practical purposes, Texas has merged with northern Mexico. I would guess well over 50% of the cops in Texas are Hispanic/Mexican. Fortunately, they don't really "do" anything and as we saw in the Uvalde school shooting, they run and hide at the first sign of trouble. I hear that in the Democrat Texas Cities, they like harrassing Anglo drivers, but that's about the extent of their trouble making.......so far.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
giving guns to aliens

what could go wrong?

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

...after their military service, they're pretty much guaranteed citizenship

as police, they're pretty much an "occupying force"

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Cue the Chinese police force. make way for the ccp