It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UH OH Illinois allows NON citizens to become Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wow, HB3751

www.nbcchicago.com...

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a bill last week that would allow for non-U.S. citizens to apply to become police officers, and on Monday he defended the legislation against critics. During a press conference where he spoke about legislation protecting reproductive rights in the state, Pritzker emphasized that the bill would be limited to individuals who are legally allowed to work in the United States, and who are legally allowed to possess firearms.

Just when I thought Illinois couldn’t get any more corrupt, they said “Hold my Beer!”

Yes non citizens as police, hmm where could that go wrong?

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

How is it any different than letting them join the military?

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

What's next? Dual citizenship in the Senate or the House?

Are we going to let citizens of other countries legislate our laws?

Oh wait...

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Dupe thread

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Meh,

The citizenship requirements to be a law enforcement officer with a local or state agency will depend upon the individual agency. Some agencies require applicants to be US Citizens or US Nationals. Other agencies open up the requirements to those who are resident aliens. There are agencies which only require applicants to be lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Employment with a Federal Law Enforcement Agency does require the applicant to be a US Citizen or US National.

Citizenship requirements are usually posted on the vacancy announcement advertising the position. Specific requirements regarding citizenship can always be obtained by contacting a recruiter from that agency, or from the personnel department.

Each state sets the minimum requirements for becoming a peace officer in their state. It may be beneficial to find out the POST (Peace Officer Standards and Training) requirements regarding citizenship for the state in which you are interested in working as a police officer. Local agencies may set more restrictive standards than the state, but not less restrictive.

golawenforcement.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If you think that cops are a runaway train of corruption, wait until the cartels can put THEIR people in, til they start waging cultural and drug wars with the corrupt police on the side of evil…I don’t know what the democrats are doing but beside weakening our military to a joke of pronouns and perverts, throwing away 41 trillion dollars in three years on top of the 21 trillion already “lost” without a trace, and teaching our kids about the beaming guiding light of communism and its merits, the one thing I do know is that the only thing they ARE doing is delivering us without a fight into nefarious hands of another nation and way of thinking.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

How is it any different than letting them join the military?

No one in the military can arrest you and throw you in jail unless you are in the military which has its own separate justice code.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
LOL went off on a deep rant and posted it, in the wrong damn thread.

My multitasking skills have been affected by long COVID, no doubt
edit on 1-8-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Way too late. Look at Air America and Barry Seal for starters. They are just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

Or you are on property owned by the US Military.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just Imagine 'Peggy' from India who does customer service becoming a Police Officer in your town. NO WAY, NO HOW!
edit on 8 1 2023 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I think that you did not see the post I was responding to. The person said what is the diff between an illegal alien being allowed to be a policeman compared to an illegal alien being allowed to join the military. My response was that no one in the military is allowed to arrest an american citizen (although if martial law is declared then that is diff). I hope that this clarifies my response.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

originally posted by: DAVID64

I think that you did not see the post I was responding to. The person said what is the diff between an illegal alien being allowed to be a policeman compared to an illegal alien being allowed to join the military. My response was that no one in the military is allowed to arrest an american citizen (although if martial law is declared then that is diff). I hope that this clarifies my response.

Didn't you read the opening post? Here is it again for you.

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a bill last week that would allow for non-U.S. citizens to apply to become police officers, and on Monday he defended the legislation against critics. During a press conference where he spoke about legislation protecting reproductive rights in the state, Pritzker emphasized that the bill would be limited to individuals who are legally allowed to work in the United States, and who are legally allowed to possess firearms.

Point out where the term 'illegal alien' is, I may be unable to find it because of my bias.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Police? Oh, you mean proper badge carrying US law men. Why do they have to be citizens when they can set up their own police force. Let me see, Oh yes in certain cities Chinese police force or other cities Sharia police. Sorry, sorry, they are "secret", no one is supposed to know.

Now someone hit me with "but they can't arrest you", Ok but they're still there.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So if an officer is not a citizen, he or she may enjoy diplomatic immunity because of their own nations laws.

So it is easy enough to sue a citizen of the United States; for instance, a police officer who is guilty of misconduct, or who deprives someone of their civil rights.

But depending on the officers host country, it may be impossible to sue for misconduct. Additionally internal affairs might not be able to investigate them without the permission of their ambassador…

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This should make it easy for the governor of Illinois to hire the Wagner group to police Chicago southside. Kind of like, you know, how they are assisting with the recent coup d’état in Niger.

No need for international Geneva convention crap to apply. It’s not a war crime when a cop tortures you
edit on 2-8-2023 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
So if an officer is not a citizen, he or she may enjoy diplomatic immunity because of their own nations laws.

So it is easy enough to sue a citizen of the United States; for instance, a police officer who is guilty of misconduct, or who deprives someone of their civil rights.

But depending on the officers host country, it may be impossible to sue for misconduct. Additionally internal affairs might not be able to investigate them without the permission of their ambassador…

I'm sure all potential officers background are vetted/scrutinized more so than ordinary workers and don't forget they also subject them to psychological testing to see if they can act responsibility with the power that badge carries. What these non-citizen cops really will need, that is if they are not white, is high level de-escalation techniques on the ground. But ultimately their body cams will tell the tale if they are accused with misconduct.
edit on q00000011831America/Chicago3030America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So if I’m driving in Illinois I stand a chance of being pulled over by an MS-13 gang member.

The cartels must be laughing their asses off.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: tovenar

I'm sure all potential officers background are vetted/scrutinized more so than ordinary workers and don't forget they also subject them to psychological testing to see if they can act responsibility with the power that badge carries. What these non-citizen cops really will need, that is if they are not white, is high level de-escalation techniques on the ground. But ultimately their body cams will tell the tale if they are accused with misconduct.

That’s the Chicago Way.

I’m sure the Next of Kin will agree.

Edit to add, on second thought I disagree completely. I’m sure that labor laws and the union forbid scrutinizing some employees more than others on the basis of creed race or national origin. So no I DONT think they will be scrutinized more than other officers. And probably a lot less.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Whats the big deal? We already had a foreign born POTUS...

Oooh!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join