It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWITTER Migrating to the X.com Domain and the Tweet Bird is being Replaced by an "X".

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Question..can Marvel Comics come after Musk for the name X Corp? How does something like this work?

X-Corp was founded by Prof. Charles Xavier, the founder of the X-Men.[1] Its purpose is to provide support for "civilian" mutant populations on a global scale in a world where the mutant population was outgrowing the reach of the X-Men. X-Corp offices are located in many major cities in every continent, and each office is managed by a former member of the X-Men or one of their satellite teams, such as Sunspot or Domino. The worldwide headquarters of the X-Corporation is the X-Mansion. X-Corp works with local governments,....

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Take a look at this user's Twitter page.

twitter.com...

Where the "X" is located, did the little blue bird use to be there?

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Doesn't make sense to me, either. To be honest, a lot of what Musk does doesn't make sense in my worldview.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Take a look at this user's Twitter page.

twitter.com...

Where the "X" is located, did the little blue bird use to be there?

Yep. That's where it used to be.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos77
Question..can Marvel Comics come after Musk for the name X Corp? How does something like this work?

X-Corp was founded by Prof. Charles Xavier, the founder of the X-Men.[1] Its purpose is to provide support for "civilian" mutant populations on a global scale in a world where the mutant population was outgrowing the reach of the X-Men. X-Corp offices are located in many major cities in every continent, and each office is managed by a former member of the X-Men or one of their satellite teams, such as Sunspot or Domino. The worldwide headquarters of the X-Corporation is the X-Mansion. X-Corp works with local governments,....

Not really. Marvel didn't trademark "X Corp", so Musk is free to use it.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I say let them sue for trademark violations!

Curious to see how that works out, plus it's always great to see more money going down the drain for no-X-ing.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   
x.org
X-Windows AKA X11 ... a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for *nix like computer systems... grew from Project Athena at MIT in the 1980s. Open-sourced: still in use as the default windowing system of many (most?) Linux distributions.
Look at the logo, nearly indistinguishable ... left-right flipping, and or outlined-vs-solid-fill.

and the new url: x.com
anyone else remember the game XCom ?

It's obvious Musk has billions of dollars... because no mere mortal would so blindly step on so many toes with such likelihood of losing lawsuits.

"I have billions of dollars. I have also just discovered and claim sole legal trademark to the first symbol every middle-school student ever learns in Algebra! Stand in awe of my cleverness!"
edit on 26-7-2023 by tnxoxodka because: algebra

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So what's John Force going to do about his "X" logo on all his race cars?

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Coincidence ?
The X in Xmas literally means Christ. Here's the history behind it.

In Greek, the language of the New Testament, the word Christos (Christ) begins with the letter "X," or chi. Here's what it looks like:

Χριστός

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: chr0naut

An ex-company?

LOL.

I don't understand why Elon Musk wanted to devote time to baby-sitting a social media platform..unless he just sees it as a hobby. Something to dabble in. Twitter-X is far less exotic than Space Travel or Electric Cars.

he didn't but was forced to buy it, so hes just after revenge and is doing everything he can to makes the site as unpleasant as possible for everyone while milking it for every cent he can.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Intentional destruction of the brand. I welcome it. I kind of hoped he would just dissolve it and fire sale the hardware from the server farms and write off as much of the losses for tax deductions as possible. Then do a demolition contract for the main building and turn the property into a museum of what should happen to a private company that conspires with a corrupt government to violate citizens constitutional rights and facilitate election fraud.

It should also happen to all the corporate headquarters of the major media companies and an act of Congress should force them to sell sixty percent of their tv channels and radio stations back to local and regional partnerships out of the monopolistic umbrellas for the deep state corpotacracy.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   
For some, the Twitter brand had become tainted by the behaviour of the previous owners, who were in the habit of censoring and cancelling posters for idealogical reasons.

Musk has previously stated that Twitter (or now X) would evolve beyond the social messaging arena, so this rebranding is a prerequisite to further change.

A re-brand makes sense if it works. Is there any evidence that this has failed?

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
For some, the Twitter brand had become tainted by the behaviour of the previous owners, who were in the habit of censoring and cancelling posters for idealogical reasons.

Musk has previously stated that Twitter (or now X) would evolve beyond the social messaging arena, so this rebranding is a prerequisite to further change.

A re-brand makes sense if it works. Is there any evidence that this has failed?

Depends on what it's intended to accomplish.

If the re-branding is supposed to bring new life into the company, there's not much evidence that it is working. As of July 17, Twitter's lost half its advertising revenue as companies move to other platforms. Data indicates that they could have lost as much as one fifth of their regular users

Now, in my book, that's certainly an indication of a business that's on the ropes.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join