It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWITTER Migrating to the X.com Domain and the Tweet Bird is being Replaced by an "X".

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Sunday, July 23, 2023

These changes make no sense to me, but I'm not the owner of the big money-losing social media platform, Twitter.

Is the Twitter bird about to go extinct? It appears so, if Elon Musk gets his way.

Musk, the billionaire owner of Twitter, said in a series of tweets late Saturday night that he was going to change the brand of the social platform to be an “X,” sharing an animated gif of a stylized X against a stark black background.

“If a good enough X logo is posted tonight, we’ll make go live worldwide tomorrow,” he said as part of a series of tweets. “And soon we shall bid adieu to the twitter brand and, gradually, all the birds.”

Also, Musk has a son named X Æ A-12 Musk with the singer Grimes but calls him by the name X.

But, of course, Musk also founded the website and online banking service X.com in 1999. It would eventually merge with another company to become PayPal. Musk reacquired the X.com domain from PayPal in 2017 and said in a tweet Saturday that the new Twitter, er, X, will operate off of it.

Tweets will be called an X, Musk wrote, and followers will be called “viewers,” a reference to a goal to make Twitter a bit more like TikTok or YouTube.
Full Article Here: www.hollywoodreporter.com...

So, when referring to Twitter posts, "Bonnie Tweeted a new cake recipe", will soon be, "Bonnie X'd a new cake recipe."?

GOOD MOVE or BAD MOVE by Musk, in your opinion?

-CareWeMust

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

An ex-company?

LOL.

edit on 23/7/2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Oooooo... rebranding, always a risky move. Just ask Zuckercuck. His "Threads" competitor against Twitter is flopping like a Manili-Vanilli album.

So if people aren't frequenting either platform with Threads doing the worst, where is everyone going? FB? Instagram? TikTok God forbid??🤷🏻

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

An ex-company?

LOL.

I don't understand why Elon Musk wanted to devote time to baby-sitting a social media platform..unless he just sees it as a hobby. Something to dabble in. Twitter-X is far less exotic than Space Travel or Electric Cars.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Maybe they will kill each other off and we can all get back to normal?

Wait, present platform is an exception.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: chr0naut

An ex-company?

LOL.

I don't understand why Elon Musk wanted to devote time to baby-sitting a social media platform..unless he just sees it as a hobby. Something to dabble in. Twitter-X is far less exotic than Space Travel or Electric Cars.

I think he has a quite sarcastic sense of humor. Take for instance the Boring Company.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Is the day it changes going to he called x-mass day? I think that one is already used.

Are the users X-Men? Already used.

Will it gather pirates looking for the x that marks the spot?

How will some complain that Trump posted some mean tweets? It just doesn't sound the same with Trump posting mean xes.

edit on 24-7-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:09 AM
link   

He wants to make it the "Everything App"

"If you're in China, you kind of live on WeChat," Musk said. "It does everything. It's sort of like Twitter, plus PayPal, plus a whole bunch of things all rolled into one, with a great interface. It's really an excellent app, and we don't have anything like that outside of China." Also: Twitter is bringing podcasts onto its platform

The super app, he continued, should serve as a "digital town square" that lets users leave comments and post videos. Once the platform had a high level of trust among the public, Musk said, "then payments, whether it's crypto or fiat, can make a lot of sense."

X-citing no?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Excitement is spreading quickly.

Big "X" now on the side of this building.

See: gettr.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   

X marks the spot?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I've been reading Twitter here recently mostly for news and really breaking news, but I'd be fine without it completely.

It got some interesting articles and comments, I do like reading comments from around the world, but it's obvious America doesn't have a monopoly on nutjobs. I'm not certain about a lot of situations or things, but being able to read every comment every "media influencer, actor, performer, politician, etc" thinks, believes, or says has to be cluttering the minds of everybody who reads it.

I'd rather hear real people's thoughts. The only thing worse than reading a media star's thoughts on every issue is people arguing over those comments. Being able to do so 24/7 is skewing our perspective.

Helping my Mom get up after her knee surgery this morning, and saw Ron Howard trending, remember when you would see a celeb's name and you thought they died, well now its just some words floating out of their pie holes

Nobody needs to know what Opie and Kid Rock think at 4:00 am on a Monday morning. Now I got that bouncing around in my noggin. Used to think quiet meditation was BS now I think it is essential to get away from the noise

edit on 24-7-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Generation X just cant give up the ghost. X box, X games, X this, X that...

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Good.... i never liked that # bird!!!
edit on Mon Jul 24 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: do not avoid the censors

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This seems odd to me as well.

I recently heard that Raytheon changed their name to RTX Corp.

Someone had mentioned that there was some significance to the X, but I can't remember what it was.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   
X simply means the bomb. And elon considers artificial intelligence as even bigger threat than nuclear bomb. And he's going to trains his xAI on Twitter, of course he's going to name it after his bot.

X - The Bomb. Heuheuhue. Only genius could understand his quirkiness.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Anyone else notice that the new logo is a rectangular "Q" with two tails?
edit on 24/7/2023 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
He is a bit of a megalomaniac so rebranding this fits with his ideas.
Dreaming of a world with space-X, ocean-X, earth-X, ... and all people in all those places are going to need an app to communicate, make reservations, order food etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Part of X Corp. He wants to develop a "super app", or something that can provide multiple services.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of X-crement to me!

Bah!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So a little bit of history behind the name, X.com is what Musk originally wanted to call PayPal. The board hated it so much they fired him.

Since then Musk has been obsessed with using X (Space-X, Model X, even his own son X Æ A-12.)

I don't know why he's obsessed with the letter X, but now he's going to wipe out a brand with nearly two decades of recognition and replace it with something that's going to be impossible to search for. On top of that, the new logo is just the Unicode X. So he can't even copyright the new logo.

When are people going to admit that Elon has no idea what he's doing with Twitter?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join