It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 41
<< 38  39  40   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah could go either way, I agree.

If I'm entertained and don't feel there is a forced message or agenda (as I keep saying), I'll watch it. Simple as that. I remember when people were in a fit over Rings of Power having a black beardless female dwarf... I thought that character was great! But anyway.. yeah.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Reported leaks reveal what Disney are planning for the problematic ending , obviously you can't have a prince , a kiss and him leading Snow White away so Disney have a fix for that.

Shame we have to wait till March next year to see the magical creatures Hip Hop.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Go woke... make twice your budget in one weekend.

Despite people like Ben Shapiro, Matt Gaetz, and MTG claiming that Barbie is super woke it's on pace to gross $335 million globally on a budget of $150 million in its opening weekend.

It's almost like Disney's recent flops have nothing to do with wokeness and instead it's due to the fact they do absolutely no marketing.

Thanks to Barbie's marketing everybody knew it was coming out and more importantly when it was coming out. As a result, this is the 4th largest grossing weekend for Hollywood in history.

I can't remember the last time Disney actually put effort into marketing a movie. And considering some of the stuff coming out about streaming residuals, that makes a lot of sense.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Which Barbie did you dress up as for the premiere?

I went as Sell-Out Barbie and the Kardashians LOVED IT!

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

As I recall from the tale, a piece of poisoned apple was still in Snow's mouth and when the prince kissed her (I guess with vigor and tongue?) the apple piece fell out and the continuous stream of poison into her body stopped. So, is a prince really needed, is a kiss really needed, to dislodge that piece of poisoned apple? Some of the writers here on ATS could probably come up with a hundred different endings.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Unsurprisingly I haven't read the original but according to this it was love that saved her , although some have suggested it's problematic because Snow White isn't in a position to give consent ...

According to the fairy tale of "Snow White," the prince's kiss revived Snow White because it was a true love's kiss. The story states that Snow White had been placed under a spell by the wicked queen, and that true love's kiss was the only thing that could break the spell and bring her back to life. It is a common trope in fairy tales and literature that true love can overcome any obstacle, including death.
www.quora.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: gortex

As I recall from the tale, a piece of poisoned apple was still in Snow's mouth and when the prince kissed her (I guess with vigor and tongue?) the apple piece fell out and the continuous stream of poison into her body stopped. So, is a prince really needed, is a kiss really needed, to dislodge that piece of poisoned apple? Some of the writers here on ATS could probably come up with a hundred different endings.

It doesn't matter.

41 pages just for one reason. The radical left tries to defend the gaffe by Disney but hasn't been able to bring a single cogent argument so far. Excuses and more excuses and more excuses.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: quintessentone

Unsurprisingly I haven't read the original but according to this it was love that saved her , although some have suggested it's problematic because Snow White isn't in a position to give consent ...

According to the fairy tale of "Snow White," the prince's kiss revived Snow White because it was a true love's kiss. The story states that Snow White had been placed under a spell by the wicked queen, and that true love's kiss was the only thing that could break the spell and bring her back to life. It is a common trope in fairy tales and literature that true love can overcome any obstacle, including death.
www.quora.com...

I collect children's books and that's what I read from an older version of the story. See even the Disney's original wasn't original.
edit on q00000054731America/Chicago3333America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Reported leaks reveal what Disney are planning for the problematic ending , obviously you can't have a prince , a kiss and him leading Snow White away so Disney have a fix for that.

Shame we have to wait till March next year to see the magical creatures Hip Hop.

They need their woke script without a prince but with the presence of these non binary forest creatures accompanying the princess who isn't white (being white is politically incorrect)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Did you bother to read the creator's viewpoint?

That is my point, the creator sucks and will cost Disney more. Whatever she is trying to do just doesn't work, and so you lose the star of the show. What is this like the 3 or 4th time Disney is doing this?

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

The fact you're trying to co-opt Cavill as some kind of "anti-woke" warrior is hilarious considering he is one of the most progressive actors in Hollywood.

Well, first he is British, so not sure if progressive is even a thing.

I never said that, so you are reading too much into my words. Not sure you point here with this. This could have been the best show on TY, but the producer made it suck. Everyone scratching their heads saying WTF are you doing.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 09:03 PM
link   

The non-prince doesn't save or kiss her either. She pushes the scrawny ass down into the mud and tells him she can kill the wicked witch on her own! You know that super girl power they all have.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
OMG! brown!!! how Racist.
It should be Black !

Call IT "Snow black"
or sooty.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Update

Backlash and Disney cancelling opening scene.

youtu.be...

Best move is to cancel the entire movie and instead screen the original animation.

top topics

<< 38  39  40   >>

join