It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

Sure it is.

My kid worked 20+ years in Hollywood production.

Don’t believe anything.

How many failures are OK... So many start fresh and then die a horrible death that didn't need to happen.

Production stopped because of Covid.

The series is not cancelled.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You are objecting to her skin color — it’s that simple.

Yep, so what is your point?

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I responded to your post.

Go back to page 20 or so, the group supporting your narrative suggested she was picked by her talent alone... So if talent drives it all then Whitewashing was totally correct.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

A musical called "The Wiz"...

I actually liked it. Micheal Jackson, Diana Ross, etc...

If that's the one you're referencing.

If not, I'll just ease on down the road

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You brought up talent.

This girl is very talented.

You are objecting to her skin color — it’s that simple.

Your group brought up talent, not me. I'm just playing off it.

Your post: “Do you support decades of whitewashing because of the talent and popularity of the actors?”

I support the talent of the actor.

I do not support going back 20 years, when it was acceptable, and applying it today.

You are flat out rejecting this talented actress/singer because of the color of her skin.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Maybe you should just use these companies for your movie watching.

“Three young companies – CleanFilms, CleanFlicks and Family Flix – offer family-safe edited DVD versions of PG, PG-13 and R movies, deleting the objectionable content. Another budding company, ClearPlay, sells a DVD player with the capability of muting profanity and "skipping" offensive scenes.

In all instances, the profanity, sexual dialogue, nudity and graphic violence are gone. PG movies become G-rated. R movies turn PG-friendly. And movie night becomes less worrisome.”

Does it change a woke-ass movie with a really crappy storyline, a script that seems to be written by a 5th grader with the set quality of the 70s made-for-TV movie, and costumes that must have come from Party City into something one can maybe watch to the end?

Based!

A script written by a 5th grader for a 5th grader.
And the woke...hehehe

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The series is not cancelled.

Might as well be dead... Liam Hemsworth will take over... Once again this plays into some weird notion that you and others think people just do not care about their favorite characters and just changing them at will is totally fine with the fans...lol

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

From what little I've seen, and it's very little, it doesn't look promising.

The casting is only a small part of it, of any movie for that matter. Story. Direction. Production values. Etc... From, again, what little I've seen, all are lacking to greater or lesser extent.

A good movie? Most aren't going to care about the cast. A bad movie...? Nitpicking will occur.

A bit of originality coming out of Hollywood would be nice--y'know, for a change.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Now that's a generalization...!!!

Guns in hand while having sex?? Nope. Not safe. Put the guns down first.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You are flat out rejecting this talented actress/singer because of the color of her skin.

I'm saying physical recognition is important, especially with kids. My example was that no one would make Dora a White Blonde, or a Black trans female with an afro no matter how talented they might be. A Black Ariel is not Ariel to most kids, but another totally different mermaid. Not sure why you all can not understand that point, or you just do not want to.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

From Snow White to White Supremacy??

That's a bit of a leap...

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It was an adaptation of the original, not a replacement. Same with West Side Story... The Little Mermaid was not done as an adaption, and neither is Snow White.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It was an adaptation of the original, not a replacement. Same with West Side Story... The Little Mermaid was not done as an adaption, and neither is Snow White.

Keep trying to convince yourself.

You’re not convincing me.

I have to go. Real life stuff.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Good talk...

Me too soon, got to golf with my sons, you know real-life stuff...lol

edit on 22-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As long as it's somewhat original, and well made...there'll be a market.

Same as with any other product.

My only real problem is the utter lack of originality.

To me, this speaks of a glaring lack of originality in Hollywood, these days.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Keep trying to convince yourself.

You’re not convincing me.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No he wasn't.

And I guess that's why he decided to leave when he felt they were no longer honoring or respecting the source material.

If interested:

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

"DWARF" is a no-no.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
àa reply to: AlienBorg

"DWARF" is a no-no.

How do you describe a dwarf?
One of the woke activists on Piers Morgan said we shouldn't say dwarf but a person with dwarfism. At which point he was corrected by the dwarf actor present in the studio saying I am a dwarf and I don't mind when people describe me as a dwarf.

You can always use the word midget but still it can 'offend' the usual suspects.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't really care if things aren't always true to the source material. Couldn't care less if it's within reason, and it works. In these woke times though, it can't be denied that a lot of it is driven by an agenda, a forcefulness. Some things come with certain expectations from fandoms, which can't and won't always be met. That's fine. There is, in my mind, a difference between using creative freedom to tell a story that feels good, natural, freshly told in different ways, respectfully, and force feeding an agenda (ex: you must be a racist bigot if you don't agree with a black beardless female dwarf in Rings of Power - or the upcoming Star Trek movie where Kirk and Spock are hinted at having a romance. Tell me that's not agenda driven and only anti LGBTQ bigots will have a problem with this) through disrespecting established characters and sources.

In short the agenda is divisive.

One side wants their stories left alone or reimagined with good storytelling. They don't really care that Ariel is black now. They aren't against inclusivity. Those aren't their problems. They see there is an agenda behind the scenes. And see the other side as part of the agenda.

The other side is all for changing a perceived fault, creating a paradigm shift of awareness and inclusivity. But maybe fail to see not all of it is above board, so to speak, and darker things are at play. And see the other side as hateful stuck bigots that can't handle any change.

Just my personal opinion and two cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join