It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

“White is Right”?

How am I the one saying they?

You didn't answer my question... Do you support decades of whitewashing because of the talent and popularity of the actors?

Johnny Depp playing an Indian will have a bigger draw than an unknown actual American Indian actor, wouldn't you say?

I’ve mentioned whites playing Native Americans (Donna Reed).

Is that cultural or skin color?

Depp claims part Native American.

There is a Native American TV channel. I’ve tried to watch it. But, the acting is so bad. If there is not already a Native American acting school, there should be.

NO — I do not support going back 20 years when things were allowed — and judging today.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Considering you even reject Artistic Creativity.

I just don't agree it is artistic creativity as Hamilton is. There is a Hollywood narrative that is pushed into the 2024 awards that you MUST have this below... What part of that is artistic creativity? As I said there is a massive push to have underrepresented groups and LGBTQ++++ highly represented in all pictures. That doesn't speak to talent, the nature of the film, or artistic creativity at all.

The four categories are: Standard A: On-screen representation, themes and narratives, Standard B: Creative leadership and project team, Standard C: Industry Access and Opportunities and Standard D: Audience Development. The standards all relate to including diverse voices in each, with A relating to the diversity of the cast and story. B relates to the diversity of the crew. C covers the apprenticeship, training and internship opportunities on the film, while D covers the diversity of the marketing, publicity and distribution teams.

Movies overall are just lacking too, so I'm not sure what that is all about. Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves was one I really wanted to see and didn't even finish it. With a 150 million budget it looked like a made-for-TV movie with crappy acting and a horrible storyline. Really good shows are crashing and burning too. The Witcher is one as the producer does her artistic creativity that is once again so off from the books and just plain horrible. True artistic creativity is being thrown to the side and has been replaced with some ultra-Woke approval process.

edit on 22-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Henry Cavill made that show and pushed to remain true to the character and source material. Now they claim he was misogynistic and demanding on set, because he pushed back against their agenda.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I just don't agree it is artistic creativity as Hamilton is. There is a Hollywood narrative that is pushed into the 2024 awards that you MUST have this below... What part of that is artistic creativity? As I said there is a massive push to have underrepresented groups and LGBTQ++++ highly represented in all pictures. That doesn't speak to talent, the nature of the film, or artistic creativity at all.

The four categories are: Standard A: On-screen representation, themes and narratives, Standard B: Creative leadership and project team, Standard C: Industry Access and Opportunities and Standard D: Audience Development. The standards all relate to including diverse voices in each, with A relating to the diversity of the cast and story. B relates to the diversity of the crew. C covers the apprenticeship, training and internship opportunities on the film, while D covers the diversity of the marketing, publicity and distribution teams.

Movies overall are just lacking too, so I'm not sure what that is all about. Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves was one I really wanted to see and didn't even finish it. With a 150 million budget it looked like a made-for-TV movie with crappy acting and a horrible storyline. Really good shows are crashing and burning too. The Witcher is one as the producer does her artistic creativity that is once again so off from the books and just plain horrible. True artistic creativity is being thrown to the side and has been replaced with some ultra-Woke approval process.

As I see it you are completely denying the talent of this actress/singer because of her skin color.

So, don’t use talent as your argument.

Who are you to determine what is Creative Artistry?

I’m not a fan of Robert Mapplethorpe, but it is Creative Artistry.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: AlienBorg

Looks like Snow White to me.

Really?!

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Pointing out that Disney hired a talented actress that looks like Snow White isn't a cogent argument?

And the rest of the cast has been replaced.

Can you name those cast members who have been replaced?

All the dwarfs have been replaced in the photograph (apart from one) obtained by the newspapers. The rest of the cast are the some weird gender queer forest creatures.

I see you're trying even harder now and going to page 38

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Pointing out that Disney hired a talented actress that looks like Snow White isn't a cogent argument?

All the dwarfs have been replaced in the photograph (apart from one) obtained by the newspapers. The rest of the cast are the some weird gender queer forest creatures.

Linky

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Maybe you should just use these companies for your movie watching.

“Three young companies – CleanFilms, CleanFlicks and Family Flix – offer family-safe edited DVD versions of PG, PG-13 and R movies, deleting the objectionable content. Another budding company, ClearPlay, sells a DVD player with the capability of muting profanity and "skipping" offensive scenes.

In all instances, the profanity, sexual dialogue, nudity and graphic violence are gone. PG movies become G-rated. R movies turn PG-friendly. And movie night becomes less worrisome.”

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

“White Supremacy” making noise.

And then we go to labels and name-calling lol... If you don't like the views of your opponents, simply compare them to the Nazis or White Supremacy on the basis of a negative symbol to prove your point, rather than examining the evidence and having a solid argument.

You got a better label for this?

You must have something.

What artistic creativity are you talking about?!
The entire film is a gaffe by Disney and will flop just like the last two films flopped that went woke.

It's more of cultural misappropriation and woke nonsense.
edit on 22-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Henry Cavill made that show and pushed to remain true to the character and source material. Now they claim he was misogynistic and demanding on set, because he pushed back against their agenda.

Was it his film?

Was he the director?

Was he the producer?

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

He was an avid reader of the original books, but the director wanted to make The Witcher not the main character, and so pushed him more to a supporting role of the two female characters. There are some really bad storylines too like the sorceress almost killed the two, but then very quickly they are all friends. There are dozens of other problematic parts too. Henry is leaving and so they split up this 3rd year into two parts to extend it out and not just replace the producer and get better storylines.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Was it his film?

Was he the director?

Was he the producer?

Nope, but he is the reason....

The show has ended...

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Linky

I don't know whether you pretend you haven't seen the picture already. This is page38 by the way. If you haven't then it means you try to debate (it's not a debate btw) blindly. In reality you try to defend Disney's gaffe and wokeness.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That is your group's argument, not mine. That is why I asked you if whitewashing is OK because of the talent/popularity of the White actor.

My simple argument is you can't just change a character to something totally different than the original and expect people to say oh Ariel is now Black, they will say...That is not Ariel, where is Ariel!!!

edit on 22-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That is your all argument, not mine. That is why I asked you if whitewashing is OK because of the talent/popularity of the White actor.

My simple argument is you can't just change a character to something totally different than the original and expect people to say oh Ariel is now Black, they will say...That is not Ariel, where is Ariel!!!

You brought up talent.

This girl is very talented.

You are objecting to her skin color — it’s that simple.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Was it his film?

Was he the director?

Was he the producer?

Nope, but he is the reason....

The show has ended...

Sure it is.

My kid worked 20+ years in Hollywood production.

Don’t believe anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Maybe you should just use these companies for your movie watching.

“Three young companies – CleanFilms, CleanFlicks and Family Flix – offer family-safe edited DVD versions of PG, PG-13 and R movies, deleting the objectionable content. Another budding company, ClearPlay, sells a DVD player with the capability of muting profanity and "skipping" offensive scenes.

In all instances, the profanity, sexual dialogue, nudity and graphic violence are gone. PG movies become G-rated. R movies turn PG-friendly. And movie night becomes less worrisome.”

Does it change a woke-ass movie with a really crappy storyline, a script that seems to be written by a 5th grader with the set quality of the 70s made-for-TV movie, and costumes that must have come from Party City into something one can maybe watch to the end?

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You brought up talent.

Your group brought up talent, not me. I'm just playing off it.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Sure it is.

My kid worked 20+ years in Hollywood production.

Don’t believe anything.

How many failures are OK... So many start fresh and then die a horrible death that didn't need to happen.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You brought up talent.

Your group brought up talent, not me. I'm just playing off it.

I responded to your post.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join