It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise Surprise Florida Tourism Down

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It is insane. We do not have the infrastructure

I have family in Pasco County, they are building housing developments and apartment complexes on dirt roads, with a single 2 lane highway to get to tampa.

Infrastructure problems have only started, they have been trying to fix several major roads to handle the increases for years and just as they start to get close this huge wave of people came in. They havent even touched side roads, you couldnt pay me to drive in florida right now.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They are getting desperate, even snobby Sanibel is trying anything to bring back tourist and even locals to spend money

Oh come on I thought you were better than that.

This has nothing todo with politics or desantis. This is is because Sanibel was wiped of the map after hurricane IAN went through there even the article you posted states that.

I live just south of there and we hadn't been hit this hard with flooding for over 3 decades that I can think off. People still think the area is still non existing or partially opened because of the damage it got. They are doing this to let people know again that the area is opening back up after getting wiped of the map after ian. Per your article (only 120 of the 600 business are open after ian).

This has nothing todo with people not wanting to visit Sanibel or Desantis policies and more todo that the area is not back to normal after ian. If you don't think so then try to find a cheap property for sale in Sanibel. Here is what upto half a million gets you in Sanibel and they are fixer uppers. Also dont be shocked if 100K+ hoa assesment fees are added after closing to fix up the common areas damaged by ian with a condo.

www.zillow.com...

www.zillow.com...

www.zillow.com...

edit on 22831America/ChicagoTue, 08 Aug 2023 12:22:01 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Well we will have to wait until the end of 2023 Q4 to compare, but some areas are experiencing slowing tourism.

Ofcourse which is perfectly normal during hot humid summers in Florida.

Covid tourist numbers in Fl were insanely high because of Democrat tyrant policies that pushed people to escape to Florida. Now that Democrats states can no longer fool the public as easily with tyrant covid policies things are going back to normal with tourism across the states. Except ofcourse the huge influx of tourists that were converted to Fl residents which are also no longer counted as tourist.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You know the pain....

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
People actually didn’t believe this would happen, but it did and this is just the start.

www.forbes.com... slowing/?sh=6e747725d5a9

DeSantis’ Controversial Policies Spark Florida Convention Cancellations—As Tourism Shows Signs Of Slowing

insidethemagic.net...

www.orlandoweekly.com...

Walt Disney World a Ghost Town as Florida Tourism Crashes

Orange County sees tourism tax dollars tumble for another month

insidethemagic.net...

DeSantis Seriously Wrecks Florida Tourism Industry, “They’re Really Suffering”

twitter.com...

BREAKING: Florida businesses PANIC over Florida tourism as major conventions flee the state's “unfriendly political environment.”

Do you really think Disney is hurting because of DeSantis's politics? Or that businesses are hurting because of DeSantis's politics? Nobody wants to go visit those liberal brainwashing dumps. The rest are fine. I'd be ecstatic as a resident or a tourist to be able to go there now.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Do you really think Disney is hurting because of DeSantis's politics? Or that businesses are hurting because of DeSantis's politics? Nobody wants to go visit those liberal brainwashing dumps. The rest are fine. I'd be ecstatic as a resident or a tourist to be able to go there now.

Exactly. Its so blatantly obvious how desperate they are and how they are preparing for the coming election with lies.

Who would have thought most parents wouldn't want to expose their kids to inappropriate adult woke grooming and mental illness content.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I love it, I hope Disney goes completely bankrupt and flops. Their only saving grace now would be a normal person coming along to take over and get normal people to make and produce movies.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Lotta folks I know thought with Iger coming back they would shift more towards the middle, not him taking the company further into ESG like he has.

They are in a lot of trouble.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Surprise Surprise Florida Tourism Down

Not just tourism...We had a Reality TV project planned for the Fla. Keys after the strike ends. Canceled, moving to N. Carolina.

edit on 8-8-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why did you move? Weather?

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Why did you move? Weather?

Florida reneged on tax rebate contracts.

www.fox13news.com...
edit on 8-8-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Didn't the originals stop in 2015/2016? I know it was doing very well for the state. There is a new package being put through the FL House I thought.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

My job is taking me to Mayport (Jacksonville) and I thought it would be easy to find something on the beach. The nearest I could get is by Regency Mall. That's at least a 45 minute commute, not counting the time to get on the base.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If Disney is a 'ghost town' it's because it's too darn expensive.

edit on AugustTuesday23America/ChicagoTue, 08 Aug 2023 15:22:48 -050048Augustpm82 by FlyersFan2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join