It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official UN figures confirm population decline.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: elgaz
Concidentally, my son was on his tablet this morning doing some research on world population for his school work. And he had one of them live population counter websites open, which was sitting at 8 billion and something and increasing every second.

Of course, that counter is not using actual live birth figures and is just based on an algorithm working out the average rate of population expansion per second.

But nonetheless ................... it was a little disconcerting to look at it, look away for a few seconds when I heard a noise outside our window, then glance back and see that 30 new humans had just been born in the time I glanced away.

Whether you subscribe to the climate change theories or not, there's no doubt that humanity's increasing presence on this planet is not doing it a whole lot of good. I don't support depopulation as such, but I think a slowing of growth would certainly do no harm. There's more than enough people for Earth to sustain as it is.

Don't worry, the problem is being taken care of.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: karl 12

That is spot on although I can't get past the pay wall. Did I post that? I don't remember. May have been back in the day when you got 3 articles for free at that site.

Could be wrong but pretty sure you did mate, I quoted you as sourcing it over on this thread anyway.

Overpopulation And Malthusian Propaganda.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You know, one of the more interesting observations I've seen in print is that once population decline begins, it's irreversible. I don't understand that.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

You know, one of the more interesting observations I've seen in print is that once population decline begins, it's irreversible. I don't understand that.

I know, there is no logic to it yet you hear people like Jordan Peterson repeat it endlessly.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm not certain about Peterson or others that say this... I would argue that it would not be correct to say "irreversible" .. but I do believe that once the trend begins it will not 'simply' reverse itself magically. People are unlikely to wake up one day and collectively decide to undertake multiple child rearing en masse. At least, I don't think that could happen... without some magical change in mindset...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join