It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yoohoo...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I share in your primitive thoughts!

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Some of that old star trek episodes make sense now
, The one where they are all asleep in a VR world , They were like Shakespearian plays , great and timeless with every captain having his own play on things .

No matter where you look and at what you can see the signature of a creator/Architect/programmer , and i have seen enough in my life to know that there is way more to life than i can see or want to , i was curious as a child learning about how bad human eyesight really is and reading about human perception experiments etc and after coming across what went down in Vietnam with the early night vision MK 1 goggles and sights .

Been from this side of the pond i have been trying the Red Dwarf method of escape and Unada woops that's star trek

All i know is who ever is in charge is having a bloody good laugh at me and my feeble attempts to escape from the grid , And i am pretty sure nature or what ever has chucked a few clues my way or tried to frighten me to death and some one is getting there moneys worth .

I think its a case of the more you know the less you really know www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: malte85

And if this is not a simulation, and a creator exists that created this reality for us to test our worthiness when we leave this temporary illusion to live in harmony in another permanent dimension of his creation then I guess we are back to the simulation theory after all, and this one simply has trademark rights.

Round and round we go.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: malte85

And if this is not a simulation, and a creator exists that created this reality for us to test our worthiness when we leave this temporary illusion to live in harmony in another permanent dimension of his creation then I guess we are back to the simulation theory after all, and this one simply has trademark rights.

Round and round we go.

Or we are the creator ourselves. We all live in our own reality, i think.

"Up and down
And in the end it's only round 'n round..."

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

I share in your primitive thoughts!

As primitive as we are the mystics and psychic explorers understand that the Laws of Karma exist and are constant.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Sounds like the premise of an old "Red Dwarf" episode.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

a reply to: stonerwilliam

2/ Yes constructing one as we speak .

Full disclosure I smoke too when I'm at home and I haven't been home in 20+ days and when I'm working I don't give it a single thought.

Hated those shifts man they are hard on relationships and our health in the long run , some of the firms i contracted to years ago would work seven days a week for seven weeks then get three days off , then go back and do it all again after 2 years i was burned out some of those guys had done nothing else since leaving school at 16 other guys would work for three or four months without a day off

Glad i am retired now

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I haven't heard of it before, but there are full episodes posted on YouTube.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I try to stay motivated by focusing on exercise when I'm not on a shift, and I'm really into the Wim Hof Method I mentioned.

Breathing exercises and cold showers.

I'll try the ice bath when I'm back at home.

My wife is amazing and very supportive even though it's hard on her and the kids she understands the sacrifice, and she realizes that it's hard on me too.

Just gotta stay positive and hopefully go back in great shape and financially able to provide.

It sucks but you know what the alternative is like.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

sounds like you got it figured out

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: drongosrevenge

this is the last time im here.

im leaving, im a s0verign person, i am a s0vereign spirit, i am leaving Eaarth.

Interesting perspective. If I may ask you, do you think you have many years left here? If so, what to you think you will use them for.?

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   
OP. this is the desert of the real.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

First off, the Matrix is a fictional movie that is not real in any sense of the term.

But ideas presented are part of “the Great Conversation” (philosophy). The main one pertinent to a “simulated universe” starts with Plato’s Cave. His metaphor is that we are “slaves to what we see” and all we are seeing is a bunch of “shadows of reality” where a whole reality exists that is not shadows. Just like UFOs were “airships” before technology and “had rivets” in the 50s, are now ??? and are called “UAP”s… the point being as human society has gained technological advancement the description has incorporated the technology.

So, now, we say “simulation” instead of shadow puppets on a cave wall!

I did eat the shrooms! And I “popped out” of this “reality” and found myself in a bad, surrounded by other beds with people in them. I got up and walked around a bit. I found a group of “greys” checking out one of the beds. They turned and looked at me. I “heard” one of them “say”, “you’re being a bad boy. Go back to bed”. To which I replied, “It is too real! You can’t distinguish between the now and the projected past!!” And was answered with, “It is safe. Our scientists have said ao. Go back to bed and enjoy the colors…”, when it pointed to the floor.

I looked and was back to my fun guy travels!!

What I think is a bit more “out there” than just “it is a simulation”. We are aliens,in space, traveling around. We found a “recorded version” of a mythical race of aliens that “transcended” their problems. How they did it, how close to failure they were, and what became of them is “human history” that we (the aliens, I was 7 feet tall, blue gray, skinny), sharing the collective human history of how they evolved!

How is that for a “its a simulation” theory??!!

We have agreed to place our “real” selves in a simulation of a moment of history that not everyone has survived to see that, not only is it possible, but look how far those naked monkeys went!!

edit on 5-1-2023 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Speling

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Your post made me think what if we are higher dimensional beings ourselves (within the same reality) experiencing our projected avatars in the lower dimensions for whatever reason, entertainment, punishment, personal growth, whatever.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You and me, we're all players in this simulation, but we're hooked up somewhere else and this is all a projection.

We're put into a dream state wherever we are, and perhaps sleeping for only one night. So in this reality we can have a very long dream but in actual time it only lasted 7 seconds. Now imagine dreaming for 8 hours.. It would feel like a lifetime.

So if you use a beamer to watch a movie there are little people in chains waiting for you to press play to start acting?
I don't think that's how it works with projection and simulation.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 11:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Waterglass

You still haven't answered my question.

Do you belief in a God and that there is another reality where your soul will be magically transported to after you transition from this dimension to the next after passing this test?

A reality where everything will be sugar and spice and everything nice?

Don't be shy now, proclaim your truth.

I believe in God.

Or said another way - a higher power. Absolutely and without a doubt, in my mind.

I suspect you go to another place, yes, but I’m less confident it’s the sugar land fairy utopia you note above.

Part of what might evolve your OP’s point - an OP which I don’t entirely disagree with btw - is the idea that your conscious or “self” is pure energy and your body is this separate thing. Those two things work together - your consciousness and your physical body.

The organic body will die at some point. The energy that contains your consciousness probably does get returned somewhere. Who knows where, but, that place likely either contains or is what you referred to as “god”.

Where you go from there - who knows.

That more-less reflects how I see it at this point. However, this also explains your “simulation” hypothesis, or that we are “visiting” here or this isn’t “real”.

Your life being lived here on Earth inside a body that exists in this 3 dimensional world is a period in time. You inhabit your body, if you will, for so long - then leave it.

Your conscious knows that and it knows what to do when you die. For some reason, people “lose themselves” or get farther away from their consciousness over time, at times.

Those that get closer to their consciousness realize this life is but one experience of many you will or have had. You are not your body.

When you then feel like it’s a “simulation”, it’s kinda right. It might be more accurate to say “experience”. It’s transformative, knowledge learning, experience sharing, growing - life’s all those things. Plus some tough stuff. Feeling as though something is amiss, crazy, etc. is understandable.

The human “experience”, or “simulation” is likely a “thing” in my mind.

I’ll leave it there lest we have to unpack what we mean by “god”, “life”, “humanity”, “energy”, etc.

Good topic, OP!

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Where does the illusion originate from? If you'd put that outside of you I'd agree you'll be very busy for a long time and finally very unsatisfied with the truth you found.

Truth in an illusion?
How much truth will there be?
You think you can see past the illusion, but it's just another layer...It's layer upon layers
like a cog in the machine trying to understand its function, while the machine functions are constantly changing according to the cogs understanding of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

Thanks, that's a great reply!

Perhaps you would enjoy the video MykeNukem posted on the subject.

It's quite long I'm watching it in half hour segments.

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I don't think I can see past the illusion.

I'm just as enamored as everyone else, I'm merely exploring my thoughts on the subject due to the the intense feeling I woke up with out of nowhere.

And of course I had to probe the fine minds on ATS about their thoughts on the subject.

It's why I love this place I would rarely be able to have this conversation offline.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join