It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Blast this Week brings the Coldest Christmas in Nearly 40 years for Millions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Oops sorry those are in Fahrenheit. Any temperature in South Carolina below 32 degrees F is unusual.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Seems like all is going according to the models. Lets see if this pans out as one College professor said in 1997 that excess rain and snow would cancel out the CO2 increase.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Stock up on some booze

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

F. I forgot to buy heat tape for my irrigation. Thanks you rang my bell. Were set for 19 degrees this Saturday
edit on 20-12-2022 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Dont the grand solar minimum bring colder times .....

So cold......and white walkers

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
With 50 MPH+ it could get real interesting!! Here in Southwest Michigan they are calling for about 2 feet of the stuff.

Your lake effect snow could end up being more than what the storm itself will produce.

I used to report to Chicago meteorologists John Coleman and Harry Volkman what the Southwest Michigan weather was like, back in the '70s.

edit on 12/20/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

COPEABLE????? 40°F is barely tolerable here because of the humidity. Really anything below 50°F will sink deep into your bones in minutes. You must be one of those guys/girls I see jumping into lakes and rivers in subzero temps. Lol, noooooo thank you!

The above wasn't directed to me but you must be the most honest Southerner I have ever run into. All you wrote is true.

I am from Buffalo, New York. When we get snow its not bone chilling because of all the humidity present. It gets bone chilling at or near 20 degrees F up in the North. Yes, it then gets brutal. Yes, in the South I have been here since 2014 when it gets below 50 degrees it cuts you like a knife as the humidity down here is so low. Same for inside ones home. Right now as of 10:57AM EST in South Carolina near Columbia its 41F cloudy and NO wind and I have a pot of water gently boiling to get humidity in the house. I keep it on 15 hours a day and have been going on two weeks now. I have four Honeywell WIFI thermostats. My indoor humidity is 43% with the water boiling.

I have a heavy sweatshirt pullover on and I am cold.

Thanks for verifying what I have been saying for years as many Southerner's see snow up North so they think freeze. Its yes and no exactly as described by you.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Well I don't know about all of you but we have been freezing our you know whats here in South Carolina since last week. It was 29 degrees near Columbia yesterday and right now its 40 degrees. Its supposed to get into the low teens this Saturday.

I began hearing about this monster of a snowstorm across the USA on Sunday. Some weathermen are now using the word "generational" storm.

So its just in time for Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ. So the greens over at CNN are stating "in nearly 40 years". That's back to 1982 and Al Gore along with the CO2 green machine wasn't being amped up yet.

So why now cometh in 2022? Is it a sign from God? A welcome to the USA event for those millions of illegals? Is it caused by excess CO2 in our atmosphere or just what goes around comes around. I also read that many farmers across the USA were hurt this year do to drought so this may possibly bring some balance back to the water tables across many states.

Reco rd low water levels on the Mississippi River in 2022 show how climate change is altering large rivers

So back to the storm event:

Arctic blast this week brings the coldest Christmas in nearly 40 years for millions

A holiday storm set to impact millions The cold air will allow for a major winter storm to develop, bringing significant impacts to the central and eastern US which could wreck any holiday travel plans this week. This big winter storm will take shape beginning on Tuesday, bringing heavy snow, strong winds – both of which could lead to blizzard conditions – rain, and even colder temperatures to follow. The snow will begin across the Rockies and amplify as it approaches the Midwest, where the biggest impacts from the storm will be felt. Snow will begin for this region Thursday evening and last through much of the Christmas weekend. Heavy snow will fall across much of the Midwest and extend as far south as the Lower Mississippi Valley – where we could see snow flurries as far south as Jackson, Mississippi.

2022 has been a wild year for temperature swings both hot and cold.

1) Jesus was NOT born during winter

3) generational storm my ass, this is what winter is SUPPOSED to look like

3) we haven't seen a white christmas in years so I'm looking forward to it

4) isn't everything a sign from God? 🙄

edit on 20-12-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
We're looking at a -35F wind chill Thursday here in Central Missouri. Also 4-6 inches of snow. I love snow but those temps can go somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Dont the grand solar minimum bring colder times .....

So cold......and white walkers

According to scientists who aren't paid and funded by our government and actually report based on research, we're already in a Grand Solar Minimum and the effects will start being felt in 2024. This is supposed to be the strongest one in the past, if I recall, 1,200 years. Dr. Valentina Zharkova called it last decade... solargsm.com...

As for the white walkers, I know where we can mine for dragon glass but I don't know where any Valyrian steel is.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Wild temperature swings—both hot and cold are pretty much the definition of climate change.

I blame diarrhea on it as well .
Add that to your list .

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
-32 F for fairbanks, colder than normal even this far north for Christmas.

Wife is giving me serious side eye for moving us this far north.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I think the higher the humidity, the colder it feels here. If I walk outside and it smells like snow (even if there isn't any), it's usually because the humidity is lower than usual and **to me** it doesn't feel as cold. The humid moisture in the air hurts when the temps drop, but it could be because the moisture is heavier where I'm at. I know it sucks. Days like that are the only days I don't miss being back in the oilfield. On one of those cold days (about 34° and drizzling), a green hat (new guy) hit my thumb with a hammer by accident when I was showing him how to rig up the iron. I was wearing thick cotton gloves that had gotten wet, I left my glove on until I could feel my hands because I was afraid my thumb was going to stay in the glove when I pulled it off. But my hands were so cold, I saw his sledge hammer hit right where my thumb was at, didn't feel a thing. My thumb wasn't missing but 20 years later and you can still see the scar where he'd peeled the skin back.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So it`s 2024 ...

Interesting in that link about the volcanic activity , (2031-2042) could have some big ones coming ..

I hate cold

As for the Valyrian steel...the answer must be in Citadel's library
( to which we have no access )

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm ready for Globull Warming to make a comeback I love the heat.

This Climate change thing sucks ever since they changed it from my beloved globull warming as windchills going below zero here in central Alabama Thursday - Saturday.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I, for one, am relieved to see normal winter weather again. In the past, it was colder and snowier.

This "generational" storm is just another snowstorm.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The sh1t is side-swiping us in KC. It's going to be horrifically 🥶 with dangerous wind chills here starting tomorrow night and rolling through Friday. How much snow we get is up in the air. AccuWeather thinks highline at around 4 to 6 or possibly pushing 8. Local meteorologist thinks 2 to 4 is closer. Either way, it's gonna blow so much you won't be able to see.

Lucky me. I have to work both days.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

So it`s 2024 ...

Interesting in that link about the volcanic activity , (2031-2042) could have some big ones coming ..

I hate cold

As for the Valyrian steel...the answer must be in Citadel's library
( to which we have no access )

That's the prediction. These record breaking winters and summers make me feel like the activity on the sun is pulsating faster and faster before the activity suddenly falls flat.

I'm not allowed within 150 yards of the Citadel.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

if you have any issues with snow on your roof in the Jersey area, call Augustus Masonicus, he is an expert at snow removal from roofs. It's his "thing".

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

We're good here. I still got *erHem* toilet paper left over from gosh I don't know when honestly. Accidentally bought an 18 pack of eggs a couple of days ago.

No need for booze. And I'm stocked up on prescription cigarettes.👍

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join