It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Blast this Week brings the Coldest Christmas in Nearly 40 years for Millions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It’s snow and ice. Been around forever.

I’ve driven in all of it and walked to school in it as well.

Don’t drive recklessly. Wear layers. Put a shovel and a blanket in your vehicle if you have to go out.

Be prepared don’t be a horder at the store thinking you need 14 gallons of milk to survive and 18 loaves of bread “just in case”.

Be smart. Rather than that 4th big screen tv buy a generator and (2) 5 gallon cans of gas. You can cook a lot in a toaster and get hot water from your coffee maker as well as power some lights and a small space heater.

Good luck to all.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Yeah, people forget it's just weather. 👍🏻

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The National Weather Service has issued a serious warning for Lake Erie shoreline from Buffalo to Cleveland of potential 23 foot waves. Possible evacuations of homes may be mandated.

This is from Buffalo:

Winds gusting as high as 70 mph Friday and Friday night

70 mph is kick ass trouble

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
Given this past week we set a record high global temperature for 4 days in a row, I think we really need to step back and look at human impact in regards to climate. Obviously CO2 output(and CH4) is important but other issues like what I call desertification which is related deforestation also is playing major roles in our planets climate.

The current state of the climate is absolutely being greatly influenced by human activity, these claims of "its a cycle", "its the sun", ect.. are just distractions and failed arguments that big industry that has the most to lose is coming up with in order to keep the oil flowing, to keep the trees falling, to paving over what was a forest so they can keep profiteering.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Given this past week we set a record high global temperature for 4 days in a row, I think we really need to step back and look at human impact in regards to climate.

a reply to: jrod

Just like the ice age the Earth goes through climate changes, continental drift and othe geological phenomena. There has not been a proven connection to humans, cow farts or any other theories put out their by pseudo science. Most of the scientists are funded by the government and like the doctors during the peak covid hysteria, they will say anything to get funded.

edit on 8-7-2023 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

That is utter bull#. You just parroted the far right rhetoric.

Tbe irony is you have been hood winked by propaganda grom big Oil yet are not smart enough to realize you have been fooled.

Instead you believe iu are smarter than the climate scientist who actually study this, scientists that could make much more money working for the oil giants coming up with more rhetoric like what you just spewed.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

There was a documented solar flare this past week and another inbound this week. I still get and agree with you on deforestation, oil, etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The finger pointing game with the climate control topic is endless. Unless you and every person in your household is planting trees, bushes, gardens etc YOU too are also part of the problem. You cant only blame corporations. There is no excuse and its a pretty simple fix. [At least to me]
edit on 9-7-2023 by lostsock because: Forgot a T

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Instead you believe iu are smarter than the climate scientist who actually study this, 

Not neccessarily smarter but I know a liar when I see one, just like all the lying doctors and expert scientists that said if you got the covid vaccine you could not get or spread the covid. I listened to people just like you say the same horse# to me then and now they all stopped getting boosters and wished they had my common sense.
How'd the bull# pan out?
These climate experts have been pedling this crap for years, yes the climate changes, magnetic poles reverse etc...
You really think there is a way to reverse climate change?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

Instead you believe iu are smarter than the climate scientist who actually study this, 

Not neccessarily smarter but I know a liar when I see one, just like all the lying doctors and expert scientists that said if you got the covid vaccine you could not get or spread the covid. I listened to people just like you say the same horse# to me then and now they all stopped getting boosters and wished they had my common sense.
How'd the bull# pan out?
These climate experts have been pedling this crap for years, yes the climate changes, magnetic poles reverse etc...

The only ones lying are the oil companies
But money talks ....

Yes, scientists have been "peddling" the truth for many decades - long before any politicians started listening - and what they predicted is coming to pass. But still some dumbasses refuse to listen.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

How'd the bull# pan out?

The only ones lying are the oil companies
But money talks ....

Yes, scientists have been "peddling" the truth for many decades - long before any politicians started listening - and what they predicted is coming to pass. But still some dumbasses refuse to listen.

Just another example of how the climate fraud is being played. How pathetic is this exchange from Kerry, disgusting.
what the hell is he hiding

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Here's another beauty for you climate folks that think you can somehow change the weather and climate. As if stopping the use of gas stoves, coal and oil will magically make the climate "not change", will it be like.."whew, good thing we stopped coal mining and oil drilling just in time". I guess Greta and AOC were right all along. Soon enough you will all be ridiculed, too funny. When you get a chance explain the process of how not using gas stoves and gasoline in cars is going to "fix" climate change and how soon should we expect things to go back to "normal".
Thanks in advance
Buttigeige admitting no one can change the weather...duh...yea we know. Greta said 5 years ago we only had 5 years left, "face palm".
m.youtube.com...

edit on 15-7-2023 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 01:47 AM
link   
In my region in the USA, we're having cooler temps than normal. In fact the other night it was 59F. Pretty cool for the middle of July. Day temps between high 70s and low 80s. Couldn't ask for better weather in fact and I wish it would stay like this all the time.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Did you catch this testimony from the climate czar..

Thomas Massie: “The reason you chose 800 000 years ago is because for 200 million years before that [CO2 ppm in the atmosphere] was greater than it is today..”

John Kerry: “Yeah, but there weren’t human beings. I mean there was a different world folks. We didn’t have 7 billion people.”

Thomas Massie: “So how do you get to 2000 parts per million if we humans weren’t here?”

John Kerry: “Because there were all kinds of geologic events happening on earth which spew…”

Thomas Massie: “Did geology stop when we got on the planet?”

John Kerry: “Mr Chairman, I..I .. this is just not a serious conversation.”

Thomas Massie: “Your testimony is not serious.”

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Did you catch this testimony from the climate czar..

Thomas Massie: “The reason you chose 800 000 years ago is because for 200 million years before that [CO2 ppm in the atmosphere] was greater than it is today..”

John Kerry: “Yeah, but there weren’t human beings. I mean there was a different world folks. We didn’t have 7 billion people.”

Thomas Massie: “So how do you get to 2000 parts per million if we humans weren’t here?”

John Kerry: “Because there were all kinds of geologic events happening on earth which spew…”

Thomas Massie: “Did geology stop when we got on the planet?”

John Kerry: “Mr Chairman, I..I .. this is just not a serious conversation.”

Thomas Massie: “Your testimony is not serious.”

Massie needs to go back to school. What a dumbass.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Same where I live. We have had maybe 10 sunny warm days this spring/summer. Its overcast, cool, breezy. We have had much warmer years than this one.

If human activity has caused climate to change, the only solution then is reduce human activity. That is done by reducing humans.

Lets quit pussyfooting around and actually DO something. Who goes first?

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: StoutBroux

Same where I live. We have had maybe 10 sunny warm days this spring/summer. Its overcast, cool, breezy. We have had much warmer years than this one.

If human activity has caused climate to change, the only solution then is reduce human activity. That is done by reducing humans.

Lets quit pussyfooting around and actually DO something. Who goes first?

Actually, doesn't quite work that way. Some people have a much much higher carbon footprint that others. So they are the ones we need to get rid of. We can start with politicians (and some of the more vocal/annoying climate protestors) followed by anyone who earns more than 100k a year. The meek shall then inherit the ( far less polluted, as well as less dangerously warming (from a modern human society perspective)) Earth

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

a reply to: AndyMayhew
watch the video, climate fraud

Is that a lecture on Earth's geological history?

The only climate fraud is coming from the fossil fuel industry (who basically own and run the planet). The mega-rich telling us lies so they can get richer

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join