It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid question..who's David Icke?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have been reading a lot of posts that refure to him as a negative, ignorite person when it comes to secret societies...

What did he do or write that people do not seem to see him as credible??

again a very stupid question on my part, but I am just wondering?..

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirror
I have been reading a lot of posts that refure to him as a negative, ignorite person when it comes to secret societies...

What did he do or write that people do not seem to see him as credible??

again a very stupid question on my part, but I am just wondering?..

Do a search for David icke and you can find hundreds of threads on him. Basiclly, he's a conspiracy theorist with EXTREMELY outrageous ideas about everything rannging from secret societies, masonry, etc. all the way to government, aliens, and the queen of Englad. oh yeah, and he referred to himself as "The Messiah" also.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Here's a link to the David Icke section of the site, if you haven't found it yet.
Most people would agree things he say are wild, but it is worth reading.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricFM
Here's a link to the David Icke section of the site, if you haven't found it yet.
Most people would agree things he say are wild, but it is worth reading.

As much as I dislike Bill Clinton...when I read David Icke's claim that Clinton and his Bride (for lack of better word) are actually REPTILIAN ALIENS who "morph" in and out of human form....it didn't take me long to figure out that it really ISN'T "worth reading."

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
www.DavidIcke.com

It's better to get the info from the source than hear people like senrak giving his ignorant response to a subject he knows nothing of.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Besides reading about David Icke, you can familiarize yourself with his ideas on his site here

He's a very interesting man to say the least.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
There are no stupid questions, well, not usually.
David Icke was the first person whose books I read before coming to ATS. A lot of his stuff is way out there, but some of it at least makes you think and wonder if everything you have been told is the truth.
You just have to have an open mind and take his material with a grain of salt.

You might also try to search for David Icke. If you notice the buttons at the top in different colors, like red and purple? 7th from the left is SEARCH. Click on it. You can either use the ATS search function or do a google search for David Icke.
Happy reading!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I didn't think it was a stupid question, I've been wondering the same thing for months now. I just didn't care enough to ask or search about him. I have trouble wondering about someone named David Icke when I get to wake up every morning and realize i'm me...Yeaaaaaaaa.....

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
www.DavidIcke.com

It's better to get the info from the source than hear people like senrak giving his ignorant response to a subject he knows nothing of.

So Simulacra,

I suppose you BELIEVE that there are reptilian aliens who "morph" in and out of human form?

Talk about ignorance.....sheesh!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Senrak would do well to even be AWARE of such phrases as:
Throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Or he could claim ignorance to the phrase, as he has claimed ignorance to reading anything about David Icke beyond the fact that he says there are aliens, and *dum dum dum* they are among us.

Now senrak, does that idea bother you, or the way it has been presented?

It just doesn't matter whether you believe every word someone else says or not, he talks about RULE BY SECRECY. The question is whether it is:
a) actually a goal held by a group (and there are enough people who want power to imagine some want it secretly).
b) actually a goal achievable by one group.
c) it has done through history to varying degrees.

Now then Icke covers ground many people are not comfortable with, he tries to tackle 'supernatural' events and what makes the 'Royals' of England so 'Royal' in the first place. All I can say is, read it all, and decide for yourself.

No sense in judging a book by its cover. No matter what people will think of you for *shock* potentially finding sense where millions of others have also (without signing up, or taking oaths, I might add).

(and who can blame him for trying to get to the bottom of the Royal story, with their attitude of "We sincerely pretend we are not better than everyone else. So we talk in the Royal We.")

[edit on 6-4-2005 by akilles]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

www.DavidIcke.com

So Simulacra,

I suppose you BELIEVE that there are reptilian aliens who "morph" in and out of human form?

Talk about ignorance.....sheesh!

The irony of your post is priceless.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Senrak would do well to even be AWARE of such phrases as:
Throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Bath water, huh....that's about what it is...

Or he could claim ignorance to the phrase, as he has claimed ignorance to reading anything about David Icke beyond the fact that he says there are aliens,

Reptilian aliens who "morph" in and out of human form. Don't forget THAT part. Yep. That was enough for me. ANYONE who would believe that is out of his mind. Anyone who would read that and say "well...but some of his other ideas are pretty good" well....no thinking person could get beyond the first part.....the guy's a fruitcake, plain and simple. But hey, believe what you want. I'll still sleep just fine tonight.

*dum dum dum*

Yep. That's what it is.

Not much bothers me at all Akilles because you see, I'm not paranoid nor do I believe that everything and everyone around me is part of a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The irony of your post is priceless.

Right. Sort of like those Master-Card commercials, huh?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Senrak, nearly every culture has had reference to:
Ghosts
Werewolves
Spirits
Vampires

Whatever you want to call it, the symbolism is suggestive of something.

Human, but yet not human? Dead, yet not dead (ie. no physical form).

David Icke never said anything about a button to press to shapeshift, he was grasping trying to describe an ancient analogy, in a new way. He was suggesting that there is a physical aspect to this metaphysical concept.

Criticize him for saying it without proof, but don't say the man's ideas must be useless because you don't like folk tales and myths being interpreted literally.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Or he could claim ignorance to the phrase, as he has claimed ignorance to reading anything about David Icke beyond the fact that he says there are aliens, and *dum dum dum* they are among us.

Now then Icke covers ground many people are not comfortable with, he tries to tackle 'supernatural' events and what makes the 'Royals' of England so 'Royal' in the first place. All I can say is, read it all, and decide for yourself.

I love how you assume that anyone who says it's a bunch of B.S. must just be uncomfortable with what the guy's saying. I'm sorry, but none of it bothers me, nor Senrak. It's just way too absurd to even be taken seriously. It does NOT make you think, it does NOT make you questions if what you've been told is true. I've judged the world around me for myself, I've known many powerful people, politicians, I have been in a secret society, I've worked for large corporations, etc etc etc It's not just what I've been told, I've seen it all for myself and I know that what this guy says is boloney. What the guy says is absolutely ridiculous and is not worth the time it takes to read it.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
I've seen it all for myself and I know that what this guy says is boloney. What the guy says is absolutely ridiculous and is not worth the time it takes to read it.

Now there's a statement i don't come across often, "I've seens it ALL for myself"...

The rest of your quote above I find of particular interest though... Does this mean you have ceased all research or only with respects to "far out" ideas?

I mean zero ill will here, it's just I can't recall ever seeing anyone say they've "seen it all" on a board such as ours in the 15 plus years I've been involved in forums like this.

I am officially intrigued for what it's worth...

While I give Icke no credence in most of his theories, I would hesitate to refuse reading ANYTHING based on the first few passages.

m...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by sebatwerk
I've seen it all for myself and I know that what this guy says is boloney. What the guy says is absolutely ridiculous and is not worth the time it takes to read it.

Now there's a statement i don't come across often, "I've seens it ALL for myself"...

The rest of your quote above I find of particular interest though... Does this mean you have ceased all research or only with respects to "far out" ideas?

I mean zero ill will here, it's just I can't recall ever seeing anyone say they've "seen it all" on a board such as ours in the 15 plus years I've been involved in forums like this.

I am officially intrigued for what it's worth...

While I give Icke no credence in most of his theories, I would hesitate to refuse reading ANYTHING based on the first few passages.

What I meant to say is that It's not like I'm some High School kid in his parent's basement. I've been out in the world, whether that be the business world, political arena, or even "secret society underworld", I've experienced those things for myself and would like to think that I have a pretty good grasp on who's running the show and how. I know how economics and politics work, I know how Freemasonry and other organizations like that work, and I just feel very safe in saying that there's no reptilian shapeshifters running any of those sections, much less Illuminati or Freemasonry. So when Akilles said "you feel uncomfortable when things might not be like 'they' told you", I just meant to say that nobody TOLD me anything, and all the judgements I have made about life, society, politics, etc etc has been made solely on the basis of my own experience.

I never said "I've seen it all" in the sense that you took it. I meant that everything that I DO know, it's because I've experienced it myself. I am not just taking someone's ("they's") word for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Criticize him for saying it without proof, but don't say the man's ideas must be useless because you don't like folk tales and myths being interpreted literally.

Akilles, can we at least agree to disagree? If you think what he writes is worthy of consideration, then by all means, give it some (or even LOTS) of consideration.

Personally, I believe in the old "Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus" theory. (False in one...false in all) It applies to Icke in a bit stronger way though...
"Falsus in MULTIS" (False in MANY, which I believe he is.)

That's just my opinion, you're welcome to yours. Agreed?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
actually just for the record, he doesnt claim they are reptilians, he claims they are controlled by them trough the 2 bottom chakras from somewhere between this and the next dimension. Kindof hard to prove though...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join