It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Student Debt Relief Go Through?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
President Biden posted this on FB.

There are 16 million Americans who will have their student debt relief applications approved by the Department of Education by the end of this week. They won’t be able to get their relief because Republican officials are standing in the way.

This sucker has been going back and forth back and forth.

I’ve always said a government that gives is a government that can take away, and there is no free lunch.
I’m personally tired of it. There has been a compromise that is brilliant that nobody wants to accept. Get rid of the interest on these loans, and make the debtors just pay the principal. Of course that wouldn’t satiate either side.

So what do you think is going to happen with this disaster?

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They're holding out while blaming the evil maga terrorists, so be sure to go out and vote early (and often, because it's free and fair) for straight ticket Democrats to make sure you get your free meal!

They'll can the whole project after midterms, and still blame republicans no matter who wins what

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As only Congress can bust such a move, I predict the courts will defer to them.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
No. And it was never intended to.

Bribing the gullible for votes.

If they were serious about it they would’ve done it before election time.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Let me fix this...

There are 16 million privileged Americans who will have their student debt relief bribe applications approved by the Department of Education Indoctrination by the end of this week. They won’t be able to get their relief because Republican officials are standing in the way understand the rule of law and the separation of powers.

edit on 4-11-2022 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It shows how both party are full of Sh1t.
First I don't agree with the blatant political bail out of school loans because people made stupid decisions.

However you have the democrat party and republican party giving trillions to foreign gov't without any issues or as much as batting an eye.

Then the democrats pull a blatant political act during the election time to brag how carrying they are for the American population by throwing them a bone. All the while knowing their deep state buddies on the right will kill it , because they can't as easily or as effectively embezzle the billions in house as they can when sending it to foreign countries. That is why they love foreign charity cases. Look how well Haiti is doing after the trillions that have been given to them, same with Afghanistan, etc .......

Then you have the Republican party who has no problems spending trillions overseas or creating new gov't agencies like HomeLand security and the patriot act as well as bailing out corporations to make sure their CEO and board of directors get 50M dollar bonus on time.

But HELL NO The republican now draw the line giving to the little guy. LOL

Both party are a Fk joke and to be honest you have to be a joke yourself to defend or have any faith in either party at this time.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

...now draw the line giving to the little guy...

Attorneys and physicians are hardly the "little guy". But surprisingly, I otherwise mostly agree with you.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't think Americans really know the big picture.
In the 1990's, a majorly expensive college right here in NJ had students from other countries (Africa was a major one). These students were given plane fare, free college, free living expenses, free apartments, meals, everything. In effect, they were on public assistance and given free schooling.
This is not something that is broadcast to American taxpayers, and the only reason I am aware of it is because a friend almost lost her house putting her son through that college for four years. She and her husband paid top dollar for it, and when she realized how many of the students are getting everything free of charge, she was not happy.
We are never told the complete truth, we just have to hand over our hard-earned money and not ask any questions.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think all Americans should be demanding to know exactly where our tax dollars are going.
Don't we have any rights?

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

...now draw the line giving to the little guy...

Attorneys and physicians are hardly the "little guy". But surprisingly, I otherwise mostly agree with you.

The majority of the people qualifying and will likely get the school loan bailout will not be attorneys and physicians , but rather those getting degrees that specialize in trans diversified mathematical quantum gender equality studies that meet the income threshold limits due to working at starbucks after their 50K education didn't pan out .

The practicing attorneys and physicians will be over the threshold to qualify and the new attorneys and physicians just graduating are a drop in the bucket compared to all the kids that followed their heart and got a 50k education in under water basket weaving.

edit on 511130America/ChicagoFri, 04 Nov 2022 11:51:35 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

edit on Fri Nov 4 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nokternus
If it does that means every single student debt will have to be paid which is billions. [snipped] .... increased the debt by trillions, squandering money to new Democrat voters (aka illegals wandering through the open borders) and the Ukraine.

And you just brought up another question -
Are all the millions of illegals (and their children) going to get free college educations on us?
Where does it end? And who is going to pay for all this?
edit on Fri Nov 4 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Biden doesn't care. Watch how Democrats return to being evil SOB's against the population, after Nov 8th...win or lose.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No , it would be Considered Unconstitutional . Sorry .........

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

No , it would be Considered Unconstitutional . Sorry .........

I'm trying to explain this to my son who graduated from college in 2021.

Yesterday: "Dad, I put in my application to have some of my student loan erased. What's going on with that? I have to start making payments in January!"

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It shows how both party are full of Sh1t.
First I don't agree with the blatant political bail out of school loans because people made stupid decisions.

However you have the democrat party and republican party giving trillions to foreign gov't without any issues or as much as batting an eye.

Then the democrats pull a blatant political act during the election time to brag how carrying they are for the American population by throwing them a bone. All the while knowing their deep state buddies on the right will kill it , because they can't as easily or as effectively embezzle the billions in house as they can when sending it to foreign countries. That is why they love foreign charity cases. Look how well Haiti is doing after the trillions that have been given to them, same with Afghanistan, etc .......

Then you have the Republican party who has no problems spending trillions overseas or creating new gov't agencies like HomeLand security and the patriot act as well as bailing out corporations to make sure their CEO and board of directors get 50M dollar bonus on time.

But HELL NO The republican now draw the line giving to the little guy. LOL

Both party are a Fk joke and to be honest you have to be a joke yourself to defend or have any faith in either party at this time.

Nice rant. I've said the same things, just not as well as you just did.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Let's not imply the majority of student loan holders who'd benefit from relief are doctors and lawyers. Those career paths likely out earn the requirements set forth.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Looks like the answer is yes. SCOTUS has declined to block the program.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I hope not. You take out a loan and get a B.A. in English, then you deserve to pay back the debt. If you had spent the money on a viable degree, you wouldn't have a problem paying it back. Why should the rest of us have to pay for your stupid decisions?

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It doesn't matter what you major in, these are predatory loans. Most people that have student loans have paid back what they borrowed, in some cases multiple times over, and they still owe more than the original amount.

If these loans were backed by anyone other than the federal government that lending institution would be the subject of a thorough investigation and shut down.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join