It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ Gen says Army solders may not help Minuteman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by marg6043
Shot, I posted the reason why military personnel can not protest against the government is the post after the last one of amuk.

And by the way it may look bias to you but is military law.

Kindly use your own source and point out the specifc law that applies in this case. Keep in mind I did not make the statement you did, it is not up to me to prove your point, that is your burden.

In other worlds an active military personnel can not join the minuteman due to the protest that the minuteman is doing against the president for lack of keeping the borders safe.

That is considered a type of misconduct under the UCMJ as protesting against the Commander in Chief.

www.au.af.mil...

As you said happy reading; make darn sure you quote the specific paragraph and chapter that says they cannot do it.

809. ART. 90. ASSAULTING OR WILLFULLY DISOBEYING SUPERIOR COMMISSIONED OFFICER. Any person subject to this chapter who--
(1) strikes his superior commissioned officer or draws or lifts up any weapon or offers any violence against him while he is in the execution of his officer; or
(2) willfully disobeys a lawful command of his superior commissioned officer;
shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, and if the offense is committed at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.
891. ART. 91. INSUBORDINATE CONDUCT TOWARD WARRANT OFFICER, NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER, OR PETTY OFFICER
Any warrant officer or enlisted member who--
(1) strikes or assaults a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer, while that officer is in the execution of his office;
(2) willfully disobeys the lawful order of a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer; or
(3) treats with contempt or is disrespectful in language or deportment toward a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer while that officer is in the execution of his office;
shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
892. ART. 92. FAILURE TO OBEY ORDER OR REGULATION
Any person subject to this chapter who--
(1) violates or fails to obey any lawful general order or regulation;
(2) having knowledge of any other lawful order issued by any member of the armed forces, which it is his duty to obey, fails to obey the order; or
(3) is derelict in the performance of his duties;
shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

894. ART. 94. MUTINY OR SEDITION
(a) Any person subject to this chapter who--
(1) with intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuses, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;
(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;
(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.
(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court- martial may direct.

Here's the real clincher!

908. ART. 108. MILITARY PROPERTY OF UNITED STATES-LOSS, DAMAGE, DESTRUCTION, OR WRONGFUL DISPOSITION
Any person subject to this chapter who, without proper authority--
(1) sells or otherwise disposes of;
(2) willfully ore through neglect damages, destroys, or loses; or
(3) willfully or through neglect suffers to be lost, damaged, sold, or wrongfully disposed of;
any military property of the United States, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.( you can be charged if you get a sunburn, break your nose in a fight, get mad at the wife and break your hand against the wall, get beat up by an illegal immigrant crossing the border for which you decided to become a minuteman and was told by your commanding officer not to do, etc.)

The following is the catchall for anything not specifically covered in the UCMJ

934. ART. 134. GENERAL ARTICLE
Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court.

Edit to clarify

Any and all of the above in bold can be thrown at a military member for becoming a minuteman against his commanding officer's orders!

[edit on 15-4-2005 by Ohio_Ron]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
It's more of a protest than anything else. Maybe someone better versed in the legality of contemporary service can enlighten us as to the particulars...

Sorry to say this for those of you not in the military, but you sign away a lot of your rights once you join especially if they are politically charged. Below is just a few of the restrictions placed on an air force member.

Also we swear an oath to obey all legal orders from those above me, all the way upto the prez. And the order the General at the base mentioned in the OP is not illegal as far as I can tell.

www.e-publishing.af.mil...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ohio,

I guess you kinda put their gas at a peep over this issue.

I think that the General in question was quite right to order the men under his command to have nothing to do with the Minutemorons.

This xenophobic vigilantism at its most repugnant.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Ohio,

I guess you kinda put their gas at a peep over this issue.

I think that the General in question was quite right to order the men under his command to have nothing to do with the Minutemorons.

This xenophobic vigilantism at its most repugnant.

Cheers

BHR

I didn't spend 10 1/2 yrs. in MY military just learnin' how to kill and become a bullet sponge!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Ohio,

That much is obvious.

With whom did you serve?

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Ohio,

That much is obvious.

With whom did you serve?

Cheers

BHR

10 1/2 yrs. of Outstanding Service with MY United States Navy SeaBees! OOOOORAAAAHHH!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
SHOTS I have to pretty much agree with you. I plan on going for a few days this June. If every male in the U.S. over the age 18 went to AZ. just for a weekend, this would have a great impact on the flow of people on our Southern border. I aslo think that the Army must have some type of orders to not to get involved down South. You would think that the Govt. would be willing to have any law abiding citizen to help at the border, but this would work too well. I cannot but help but to think that the current administration has some type of plan in place to deal with the illeagles especially post 9/11.
I do not know about 'yall but it appears to me Bush and other forces inside the Beltway are allowing these people to immagrate to here for some weird reason. I think Bush and his cronies have a " Master Plan" in place and are working against the wishes of many, many Americans.
God help this country if there is another attack on us because then you will see a power grab either by our two party system or some new groups who are just waiting on the sidelines and waiting for the coach to send them in.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Flying High,

The other alternative is that for once Bush is doing the right thing and not acting in the same xenphobic manner as the rest of the Minute-morons.

If this stream of people were coming from Canada there would be no Minute-muppets at Niagara.

Whatever happened to "bring me your tired and your hungry"? Is that only for white folks?

Cheers

BHR

<< 1  2  3   >>

join