It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Nice Glass of Milk in the Morning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm getting back into a healthy routine.

Starting the day with a nice healthy glass of ice cold milk.

I've been starting the day with coffee and a cigarette for over twenty years.

It's time for a change of pace.

Who else enjoys a nice glass of cold milk to start the day?

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Did you know an 8 oz glass of milk contains almost a whole day's sugar allowance (for a healthy diet)

As an adult, I can no longer stand the taste of milk. An occasional glass of chocolate milk I crave though, maybe twice a year.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Cereal then some Tea and Toast when i wake up.

After shower it's a glass of OJ with some vitamins, then brush my teeth and head out.

I did love a cigarette in the morning with my Tea but stopped smoking. I still treat myself to a singular spliff on a Friday night to take the stress of the week away. Hence my Friday posts normally start all peace and love before i get drunk and they turn nasty.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Me! Me! (waving hand wildly in air...)

I am an honest-to-goodness dairy junkie. I would give up any and all of other vices before I'd give up my dairy... and there's nothing better than that first glass (and it's gotta be glass -- not plastic or acrylic!) of whole milk in the morning.

And sooooooo many foods taste so much better with milk. Chocolate -- of course! But also Mexican food, Italian food, a good BBQ... all go down so much better with milk.

But it doesn't stop with milk -- all dairy products are yummy. Buttermilk, butter, heavy cream, cheese, yogurt, ice cream... I've probably got a dozen different types of cheeses in my kitchen. Every one is perfect for something, and nothing else will do.

I have also heard that whole fat dairy products can also actually help maintain/lose weight. I don't know about that, but I can say that despite how many/much dairy products I consume, I do not gain weight. Maybe it's just my metabolism, or maybe there's more to it, but it's never been a problem for me.

Yay milk!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

We enjoy chocolate milk as a special treat.

Strawberry is also pretty tasty on occassion.

edit on 9/27/22 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

There are some health benefits to coffee but I’m sure it is hard to drink it without smoking.

Something else you might want to try is to have something warm in the morning, a small cup of soup, or broth.
We have it with a little bit of rice. Sometimes I have miso soup.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: Boadicea

We enjoy chocolate milk as a special treat.

Strawberry is also pretty tasty on occassion.

Laugh if you want, because I do, but for some reason I've never liked flavored milk. I love milk with chocolate, but I can't drink chocolate milk. I love strawberries and cream, but not strawberry milk. It makes no sense to me and I wish I did but I just don't. Too weird -- I know!

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A healthy sedentary life maybe.
Just like people who vigorously exercise require much more salt intake.
Those who move simply require more and certainly wouldn’t sweat the sugar calories contained in 1 glass of milk.

The same argument could be used to vilify a banana which weighs in at 14g of sugar. 2 more grams the 8oz of milk.

Bunk
a reply to: tinker9917

edit on 27-9-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Milk, Coffee, and Cigs. I swear it's like Samson's hair. Strong bones, alert attitude and never miss a UFO...

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I walk 6 miles every day when weather and situation allows.

Is gatorade acceptable for replenishing salts?

My doctors keep telling me to stick with water.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I'm getting back into a healthy routine.

Good for you

Im British so it has to be a mug of strong tea.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I don't like milk. Haven't had any in like 25 years or so.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I enjoy milk. Especially chocolate milk.

But do i pay for it. MY LORD do i pay for it.

100% Lactose guts.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I really dig an ice-cold glass of milk in the morning, unfortunately, it isn't the best thing for me now, on top 2% isn't quite the same though I have had semi-palatable almond milk. But it still isn't my favorite. Too many mornings traveling on the road and too many continental breakfasts, which can vary widely on options, most times MIlk and an orange or banana and oatmeal

I do enjoy a large mug of hot tea, lemon, honey, cinnamon, and ginger most mornings now

When we used to go hunting we had a truck stop in the middle of nowhere Georgia, an old country place and it had the best breakfast they had an ice-cold milk dispenser it was the best.

In all my travels I've only seen one other place, a diner, have an actually milk machine, most places just have cartons or a warm pitcher half full yuck!

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Only drinking milk when I overdid it on the garlic and do not want to be a nuisance to other people. Or warm with honey for a good night aid.

Cereals it is, I heard people eating them with water or orange juice, I can't do that, I need milk for it. We have a "milk-fuel-station" here where I can get cooled raw fresh milk from a faucet type of device. It's so much better than the packaged stuff from the supermarket and only costs a bit more.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Funny in these parts a "milchbube"(milkboy), is what you would call a soyboy. Considering that soy is a common substitute for milk, I guess that makes the milk drinkers the tough version of the soyboy... Over here you're still a milchbuubi...

Joking aside

Did you know there are certain demographics that can't digest milk. It's not part of their culinary culture either, which brought me to the question is it not because they can't digest milk or can't they digest milk because it isn't part of their culture?
Being mamals, obviously they once could digest milk. So i looked at the animal kingdom for answers.
Most mammals also can't digest milk beyond the breastfeeding stage, maybe the enzymes(which I think are the same used to make cheese) to digest milk aren't produced if not needed, sort of like insuline.
if you keep using milk on a culinary routine even after the breastfeeding stage you might not loose the ability to digest milk...
It's all just speculation it could also be genetic, but my conclusion is we probably aren't meant to regularly consume milk beyond the breast feeding stage.

Oh and also stop drinking my steaks drink.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
Oh and also stop drinking my steaks drink.

Mhmmmm Kalbsrahmbraten. It's as if you can taste the cuteness.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Oat or coconut milk and coffee. Coconut / cashew milk and a protein shake. Dark chocolate almond milk.

Plant-based milks are truely underrated. Tasty and cruelty-free.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I have to drink lactose free milk now and most brands of that have a weird taste. Fairlife is the only one that tastes alright.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It’s a little strange, I had to give up milk a year ago. if I drink it then my nose runs like a tap the next morning. I’ve tested this many times and I assure you it’s the milk. I very recently tried raw milk from a local farm thinking that might solve it, sure enough nose ran like a tap the next morning.

<<   2  3 >>

join