It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Nice Glass of Milk in the Morning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
My fridge is set to 1c

if it doesn't stop you breathing when you drink the delicious milk its not worth it

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga
Try Guernsey cow milk...... it's high in A2 protien and low in A1 protien.

Devil in the Milk: Illness, Health and the Politics of A1 and A2 Milk : Woodford, Keith, Cowan MD, Dr Thomas: Amazon.co.uk: Books
www.amazon.co.uk...

edit on 27-9-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I’ve given up, a paid test I took had it and goats milk high on list of intolerances. I know if I have it often and put up with the hours long nose running that I eventually have bad sinus infections. Since I gave it up, no sinus infection, no post nasal drip etc. Just one of those things I guess you get when you get older.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

My favorite Tarantino movie.

Waltz was perfect for the role.

That opening scene was intense!

And they say no good movie opens with a glass of milk!

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Coffee and a Lucky Strike.

And don't talk to me till I've had my first one of each.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

So cute the baby cooked in it's mothers milk...
edit on 27-9-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Milk is not healthy for adults...
Most milk has puss in it from infected cow teets.

Industrial milking machines are the worst.

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I'm getting back into a healthy routine.

Starting the day with a nice healthy glass of ice cold milk.

I've been starting the day with coffee and a cigarette for over twenty years.

It's time for a change of pace.

Who else enjoys a nice glass of cold milk to start the day?

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: TritonTaranis

My favorite Tarantino movie.

Waltz was perfect for the role.

That opening scene was intense!

And they say no good movie opens with a glass of milk!

We have two things in common then i love both lol

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I actually have an allergy to milk. Not lactose intolerant either. But I will never give up milk, I know that milk has some good properties even though I cannot drink it very often. I like it in cereal, I like some of the pudding pies, and I like to have Panna Kauku every so often.

Bing allergic to milk can have benefits, a single ten ounce glass will bring up my body temp from ninety seven to ninety nine, two glasses will bring it up to close to a hundred. Doing so can help my body make some enzymes in higher amounts plus it can help aid in me fighting a disease....I get a craving for milk sometimes and I think that is partially because I have been in contact with some microbe.

Cereal and milk will also get rid of my constipation...which is a good thing. I guess if you have an allergy to milk and give it up totally, it can cause a more serious allergy to happen when you consume something containing it...so I won't give it up.

Since I am so intolerant to milk, we usually buy a real good tasting milk...grassmilk by organic valley. It tastes like milk should. Also, it seems to make things worse when I drink milks where cows are fed all grain for some reason. We have a local farmer who bottles milk and although it tastes great, it causes more inflammation in me and our cat. Don't know why that is but that inflammation results in lots of muccous for the cat and I so I try to get milk that is from cows that eat predominately grass and hays. It does not have to be hundred percent grassfed to lessen the inflammation, over sixty percent is fine...some organic milks do that ratio. I liked when I used to get milk from a farmer who fed his cows almost all on pastures and hay, but the government busted him....his milk tasted great, he had the perfect mix of grasses he fed his cows which made the flavor of his raw milk great. But he settled by getting rid of his cows plus a ten grand fine instead of paying a hundred grand fine. I guess a sting operation was done and he got caught, he only had maybe twenty customers and every one of them loved his milk and were disappointed when he got slammed....I knew most of the people who bought from him and I guess from what I heard, it was word of mouth that tipped off the USDA, nobody ever got sick from their milk. Most buying from that small farmer knew everyone else and I talked with about five of them who talked to others they knew who were also his customers...no unaccounted for customers who ever got ill. He had the cleanest barn and equipment I have seen on a farm...very fussy, all of his customers were friends or friends of his relatives... we were shoestring relatives.

Now you can buy shares of a cow to get legal raw milk, but it doesn't pay since sometimes we do not drink much and you have to get a minimum of a gallon a week for a share...most times we only use a half gallon per week.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

A glass of ice cold milk and fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies are a treat.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I always start my morning with a glass of skim milk. That and coffee get my day going. Good on you for starting some healthier habits.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Reading some of the comments on here, I have heard that raw unpasteurized milk can be good for you. Living in Wisconsin though, that is very much illegal. I believe there are some local farms that sell it under the table, through word of mouth. I think Wisconsin has some of the best milk in the world. I try to get grass fed milk when it's available. That really does taste better. I also like almond milk and think that tastes better in cereal than dairy milk.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Milk is not healthy for adults...
Most milk has puss in it from infected cow teets.

Industrial milking machines are the worst.

I'm getting back into a healthy routine.

Starting the day with a nice healthy glass of ice cold milk.

I've been starting the day with coffee and a cigarette for over twenty years.

It's time for a change of pace.

Who else enjoys a nice glass of cold milk to start the day?

Yeah : but it's ice-cold puss !!

My day starts with the juice of 1 fresh-squeezed lemon, with 2 tbsp. of ACV, and sometimes 1 tsp. of fresh ginger concentrate.

Also thanks to my Doctors™, whom cheerfully filled-out my prescriptions for powerful antacids for about 20 years, and never mentioned to me that the problem might actually be the lack of good stomach-acid, rather than too much.

Cured myself of the heartburn and reflux, and them ... LoL !!!

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Coffee and a Lucky Strike.

And don't talk to me till I've had my first one of each.

They're toasted!

It's rare I see Lucky Strikes but I always try to grab a pack when I do see them.

Classic.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My Great-Grandmother was raised on a small dairy farm.

Woke up every morning at 4am to milk the cows.

During the depression they would trade milk for eggs and chicken.

Milk!

It's a Family Tradition!

edit on 9/27/22 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar, spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I don't like milk. Haven't had any in like 25 years or so.

Milk is in tons of things you probably wouldn't even suspect. Often it is added to products in powder form, and why some foods are labeled "Vegetarian" rather than "Vegan".

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

It's always strange to me when people talk about a morning routine.
I eat different things at different times every day. I eat when I'm hungry and I'm not always hungry at the same time.
I honestly couldn't force myself to eat a meal, let alone the same kind of meal, every morning when I get up.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Get you some land. Get you some milking goats.
Thank me later.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Cured myself of the heartburn and reflux,

how?

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Morning beverage is my only routine, everything else is go with the flow of the day.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join