It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian sanctions slow to bite as US officials admit frustrations over pace of pain in Moscow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: Bluntone22
dont worry the majority of the fighting in the recent counteroffensives had being led by Academi mercenaries surprisingly that are speaking in well fluent English.

Wrong

Did you get your BS from chubby KimDot wrongen??
The tweet which is BS
LINK

Of course you did care to dispute it?

The actual video, link wont work
www.youtube.com...

More of there videos

We know who carried out the counter offensive it certainly wasn't a hand full of You tubers, that would be odd

Kims got an axe to grind im supprised hes not exiled with the other kim in North Korea, but then we dont live in Russia or China do we? You might though
edit on 18-9-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

a reply to: MidnightWatcher

So russia didn't launch another war of territorial conquest in Europe?

Does Russia have 750 bases and its militarily occupying Japan after 50 years after WW2?

Occupy?
Have any asked us to leave?

(They usually get quite upset when we close bases)

But feel free to keep trying that 750 million US bases nonsense, you aren't the first.

Yes , all throughout history .

Name one where we didn't.

We have left many bases, most countries beg us to stay for the economic benefits alone, even if not facing any kind of real threat from anyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

a reply to: TritonTaranis

The Sanctions are long term rolling and overlapping

The sanctions are having more of a impact on Europe and its economy that is something they will never admit publicly if they do admit it.

It would be as if they are waving the white flag of surrender to Russia.

They 'admit it' every day.

They just don't care.

russia invaded Europe again.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

what a ignorant statement , Japan pays most of the cost for the U.S. to be there.

first,

Does Russia have 750 bases and its militarily occupying Japan after 50 years after WW2?

first,
the treaty with Japan,

TREATY OF MUTUAL COOPERATION AND SECURITY BETWEEN JAPAN AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Japan and the United States of America, Desiring to strengthen the bonds of peace and friendship traditionally existing between them, and to uphold the principles of democracy, individual liberty, and the rule of law, Desiring further to encourage closer economic cooperation between them and to promote conditions of economic stability and well-being in their countries, Reaffirming their faith in the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations, and their desire to live in peace with all peoples and all governments, Recognizing that they have the inherent right of individual or collective self-defense as affirmed in the Charter of the United Nations, Considering that they have a common concern in the maintenance of international peace and security in the Far East, Having resolved to conclude a treaty of mutual cooperation and security, Therefore agree as follows:

ARTICLE VI
For the purpose of contributing to the security of Japan and the maintenance of international peace and security in the Far East, the United States of America is granted the use by its land, air and naval forces of facilities and areas in Japan. The use of these facilities and areas as well as the status of United States armed forces in Japan shall be governed by a separate agreement, replacing the Administrative Agreement under Article III of the Security Treaty between Japan and the United States of America, signed at Tokyo on February 28, 1952, as amended, and by such other arrangements as may be agreed upon.

TREATY OF MUTUAL COOPERATION AND SECURITY BETWEEN JAPAN AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

not only that they pay The U.S. to be there and for the upkeep of the Bases from February of last years,

The current five-year arrangement was set to end after March 2021, but will now run through March of 2022 with Japan set to pay about $1.9bn through that period. Both governments are expected to sign the agreement soon, the Kyodo news agency reported.

Japan, US extend agreement on military base payments

and just for the ones that suffer from TDS something to gloat over,

President Donald Trump said at a rally in Iowa Tuesday night that the U.S. pays for 70 percent of Japan’s military.

FACT CHECK: Does The US Pay For 70 Percent Of Japan’s Military?

the author of this works for the Rand Corporation,

How much does Japan pay us for defense?
Japan compensates 75 percent of U.S. basing costs — $4.4 billion.

Does the US pay for Japan’s military?

you'll find that many of the bases the U.S has across the world are done in the same manner and that it is a beneficial for Both the U.S. and host country.

edit on 18-9-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Ukraine doesn’t want to be under Russian control.

Ah yes that narrative that Ukraine doesn't want to be under Russian control

I find it amusing how you in the westerns countries pretend to know about Ukraine

2, Hmm So you're not western yet meddling in US politics daily? so are you a chicom Wumoa? or FSB extra special limited edition?

lol joking at least you're unintentionally honest sometimes

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Occupy?

But feel free to keep trying that 750 million US bases nonsense, you aren't the first.

We have left many bases, most countries beg us to stay for the economic benefits alone, even if not facing any kind of real threat from anyone.

Who is "we" ?
Still no facts from you .
The entire lot of Western European countries wanted us to leave in the 70s - through 80s
Look it up .
It's history .
You know the term "history" , correct ?

BTW : your question I responded to was

Just in case you forgot .
Which apparently you did .

Your turn.
edit on 9/18/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The same (vaguely described) European countries were hollering about us closing bases for budget cuts during much of that time.

Again, have any evidence that one of them asked us to leave where we didn't in fact leave?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Russia cannot afford.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

i find sometimes when there is a extra = sign in the address it won't post, so i take the title and search youtube and it usually gives a address that only has one. i think it's because the ones with a extra = come from a embedded link.

here is the one that came up,

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Occupy?

Who is "we" ?
Still no facts from you .
The entire lot of Western European countries wanted us to leave in the 70s - through 80s
Look it up .
It's history .
You know the term "history" , correct ?

BTW : your question I responded to was

Just in case you forgot .
Which apparently you did .

Your turn.

I'll take this one ?

US presence in Europe regarding military bases has been declining for 30 years, mostly its been tankies and ecowarriors, or in some cases Pro Russian political groups

But thankfully none of the above determine geopolitical or strategic policy concerning national security

The EU thought they could have their cake and eat it meanwhile all their new eastern block memebers thought they was insane, they don't know Russia like they do? you want to give up your national security and secure cheap energy while milking NATO?

Because lets face it, Putin could be halfway though Poland right now WITHOUT US presence and the EU obviously knows that by now

Trump made bones about it LOUDLY and still Europe didn't kick them out? because they knew they're getting a hell of a deal, the best of both worlds, none of them had to worry at all about military R&D and budgets, EUROPE WAS FREE AND VIBRANT, utter clownery... hence my Vermont support for Trump and this particular drubbing

And this is why you never listen to the weak delusional left, who dont understand the deadly security world we live in

You get soft and its OVER, not everybody grew up in there perfect little gated communities, outside the civilized world where somebody wants your dinner money

And Trump told you all who was taking your lunch money

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The same (vaguely described) European countries were hollering about us closing bases for budget cuts during much of that time.

Again, have any evidence that one of them asked us to leave where we didn't in fact leave?

When ?
I must have slept through that one...

Your turn .

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Ukraine doesn’t want to be under Russian control.

Ah yes that narrative that Ukraine doesn't want to be under Russian control

I find it amusing how you in the westerns countries pretend to know about Ukraine

2, Hmm So you're not western yet meddling in US politics daily? so are you a chicom Wumoa? or FSB extra special limited edition?

lol joking at least you're unintentionally honest sometimes

On the video you posted.

0:05
You would see a sign that says

"Save Azov"

Azov stands for the Regiment.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

sent you a PM

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

i find sometimes when there is a extra = sign in the address it won't post, so i take the title and search youtube and it usually gives a address that only has one. i think it's because the ones with a extra = come from a embedded link.

here is the one that came up,

Notice the yellow armbands?

What color is Ukraine wearing nowadays?

edit on 18-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Its not new that i had being accused by some Ukrainian supporters on here as a FSB agent or that i am being paid for my posts.

If i was. I had many threads that arent just Ukrainian/Rus conflict related.

There seems to be a effort on attacking, criticizing anyone not standing or supporting the current thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You seem to have quite the effort obsession with me just because i dont stand with your "current thing"

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

When ?
I must have slept through that one...

Your turn .

I asked for evidence of your claim?

Is this you saying that you have none?

edit on 18-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   

US presence in Europe regarding military bases has been declining for 30 years, mostly its been tankies and ecowarriors, or in some cases Pro Russian political groups

Thank you for admitting that.

The US forces are still occupying Europe not because they care about Europeans or democracy but to maintain their dominance of it.

To make sure China/Russia do not have any influence whatever politically or economically.

Since the 30 years the presences the US had being in Europe.
The ecmcony had being decaying slowing.

The sanctions that your idiotic politicians imposed on Russia would just further hurt Europe and its economy.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You seem to have quite the effort obsession with me just because i dont stand with your "current thing"

What is 'the current thing'?

And why would I care?

I have a 'problem' with untrue posts intended to support russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Because russia is relying on that support to ease the global pressure against what russia is doing to Ukraine.

Nothing else.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You mean that Trump that was still hoping for Europe to get the American expensive LNG gas alternative? for the past 20 years.

Europe had being getting cheaper gas and oil from Russia.
Those days after your politicians that are still stuck in the cold war era heads.

Those days that EU and the people would getting cheaper oil are long gone.

After all the EU and US still plan on pausing out diesel vehicles having no back plans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join