It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have... ZERO rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I don't see leadership, I see representatives of the rich and powerful lie to us in order to manipulate and force us to do their bidding.

I do understand your current disdain for political leadership, the current bunch are truly whacked out. One good thing with democracy from the days of Kings and Lords, we are only stuck with these nut jobs for a few years and not for life. A few generations had it rough in the history books when stuck with some idiot.

As for the concept of leadership, it is so much more than politics. It starts with the family, respecting your parents is one of the 10 commandments from the days of Moses. From there is does spread throughout society in many different ways.

It is a tough job being a leader and taking some responsibility for others. Can cope a lot of abuse and is a lonely job at times. Personally I have tried to be an inspiration to others, provide some guidance to where up is in the current information psychological war. I don't have all the answers either, but with the ones I do have don't hold back. A lot of people are bouncing around the confusion looking for some way out. We cannot do this alone.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

One good thing with democracy from the days of Kings and Lords, we are only stuck with these nut jobs for a few years and not for life.

Usually yeah. I just can't have such a tempered outlook anymore.

There's a trajectory within politics that indicate the worst case scenario for us all.

Klaus Schwab may be a tyrant maker but he's damn sure influential amongst the democracies of the West.

I understand natural leadership such as you describe.

If we were to live in a decentralized society those roles would still be there.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Ah, I miss The Angel of Lightness.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Who Dat?

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Thanks for the reply, Kev.

One thing I want to respond to is the leadership issue.

And I think if a general consensus is reached between people there wouldn't be a need for leadership.

There are ways around it, but first power needs to be relinquished.

There are gods walking among us, toying with our lives and everything we hold dear.

Power over another always corrupts.

Always.

In what way would the world be worse off if the current leadership just disappeared?

If the current leadership just disappeared without anything to take it's place, you could look forward to no services, no law enforcement, no fire protection, no refunds, no social security, no nothing except mob rule.

Our system here in the United States may not be perfect, but the founders were just as afraid of Tyranny from below (Mob rule) as they were of Tyranny from above (a monarch) Pure democracy only works when a population is small enough for everyone to know everyone else, larger areas need a larger type of system to hold it all together.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I don't know how many people have to keep repeating this one small fact on here before it sinks in.

The United States of America is NOT a Democracy.

The United States of America is a Representative Republic.

There is a HUGE difference, and one that they deliberately made that way for a reason.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

Yes, I admitted as much when Kev responded to that statement.

A consensus would definitely have to be reached and before that an awareness about it needs to be created among the people.

Sometimes I post emotionally haha.

Pure democracy only works when a population is small enough for everyone to know everyone else, larger areas need a larger type of system to hold it all together.

Decentralization could be the solution I believe.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Was talked about and rejected in 1780 something.

Decentralization could cause the same “tyranny from below” our Constitution tries to avoid.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

Well the thing in the 1780s seems to be heading for an implosion.

Same as the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Old member

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join