It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to increase your knowledge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't know if the following is real or not but, apparently the pentagon is recalling toilets because they are too strong and could flush a whole copy of the Koran
Koran flushing toilet's

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
hey thanks for the links provided they helped me alot

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I always use the define: word in Google Search. Its very nice..

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here are more links:

Physics -
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...
(Great site that covers a large area of physics such as magnetism, light and vision, quantum, astro, and mechanics)
Chemistry -
www.webelements.com...
(Fun to click on the table and learn a thing or two about some of the everyday elements in our live)
chemistry.about.com...
www.chemistrycoach.com...
(The site appears to be down, it run by a highschool but I used it a few time)
Math - www.math.com...
Biology - ??? Sorry, that for next year.

If you want to go further I recommend the books:

General Chemistry by Linus Pauling - great book I used for my general chem class, goes a bit more in depth than my textbook but still good for the layman.

Spacetime Physics by John Wheeler and Edwin Teller I haven't read all but most of the material is well explained so you don't necessarily need to fully know the math to get some of the concepts

Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes - an overview of the production of the first atomic bombs and an intro to things nuclear

[edit on 2-12-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hey Frosty thanks for all those links
Keep us informed with anymore you happend to stumble across.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Open Directory has a plethora of information concerning forums, schools, software, and selected topics such as math, chemistry, physics, and beyond.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here is the information on plasmonics:

en.wikipedia.org...
lanp.rice.edu...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protector
Something has bothered me for quite some time on these boards. Specifically, the Science board has been saturated with "theories" that someone came up with on the top of their head. Here is what you SHOULD DO:

#1. DO AT LEAST 2 GOOGLE SEARCHES!!!

Oh my gosh! It is so simple to look up a few keywords and see if there is ANY scientific evidence to support your idea. To know for sure, the site will probably be a ".gov" or from a credible science foundation or perhaps the research of a professor at a university. (Edit: Also, if sources are listed at the bottom, it is more likely to be credible.) A GEOCITIES WEBSITE PROBABLY DOESN'T COUNT!

#2. If you are serious about the idea, grab a book from the library (not in the NEW AGE section). Compare your idea with some of the basic ideas of someone else. You probably can't read formal mathematics or understand multi-dimensional physics, but you can read the introduction to the book and get an idea of what the book is trying to explain.

#3. Present THAT idea after at least one of the above two steps.

Don't talk about theories of time travel if you've never read any credible idea about WHAT time travel actually is. Many people at least read something by Stephen Hawkings, such as "A Brief History of Time". The book isn't that big and you can probably read a couple chapters (just the ones you are interested in) and have a good idea of what theories are out there. NOTE: if nothing makes sense, you probably shouldn't be putting forth YOUR idea of time travel. I mean, would you ever ask an ice fisherman escimo the rules of basketball?

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Protector]

I suppose if one trusts the ruling elite,then everything you just suggested would be legit. However, I suspect on a forum such as this...most do not trust the ruling elite.I for one certainly do not. Some of the biggest debacles and conspiracies that have ever occurred has dones so under what you would probably term "true" science.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If you want to raise your I.Q. at all instead of just generally knowing about a specific subject, then check out this site I found after quite a while of searching.

www.improve-iq.com... it is quite usefull, enjoy.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Quantum Physics is the best way to start!

What the Bleep Do We Know?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Reality

What is Reality?

Check this out!

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Oh yes, the most important is to become aware of yourself.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

#1. DO AT LEAST 2 GOOGLE SEARCHES!!!

and if i did about 20.000 ??

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I suppose if one trusts the ruling elite,then everything you just suggested would be legit. However, I suspect on a forum such as this...most do not trust the ruling elite.I for one certainly do not. Some of the biggest debacles and conspiracies that have ever occurred has dones so under what you would probably term "true" science.

So become one of the ruling elite and decide if what you know has proven to be true or false. The solution seems simple to me... time consuming, but simple.

There may be herds of people at the bottom rung of society, but there is a popular quote, "There's always room at the top."

And "truth" is something that works, something that is real, and something that can make a difference. For those reasons, I fear marketing execs for the simple fact that they don't have to present you with proof before you want to believe that what they are selling is true. Everyone looks equal when they sit side-by-side on TV.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
My major contribution to make:

sign up for the PhysOrg newsletter and in 2 weeks you'll be a vastly more intelligent and interesting person. I dunno if this is considered shilling for another website, but 1) it's not my website and 2) it fits this thread, so I'll drop the link anyways:

www.physorg.com...

All the most interesting science headlines in all disciplines delivered to your inbox, hard to beat that.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
wow what a treasure chest of links, maybe a board for excellent usefull links would be a good idea.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join