It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is X-Files Relevant Now? Did it predict the future?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
So I came across this video and thought it was very relevant to the events of today.

Topics mentioned include DNA modification which affects the immune system, gene tampering through the use of virus within a virus carried thru a smallpox vaccine, de-population agendas, the elite, and they even have mention of EMP event and Russia.

It's just a few minutes and worth the watch. I watched the series off and on over the years and often wondered about some of the content they worked into the show.

rumble.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's not so much predicting the future, but basing scripts for sci-fi shows on whatever technology the scientific community is trying to develop or dreaming up next. Some of their ideas pan out and some don't, but they still make for good shows. Star Trek is one of the best examples of this cross-over of both fields, IMO.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
YOU ALSO GOT TO WATCH

Stargate SG1 episode 2010
youtu.be...

and

This clip from a 2020 series Utopia
www.bitchute.com...

It's predictive programming that came true
they're spot on, It's really happening!
www.naturalnews.com...
dailyexpose.uk...

I think they been planning this for A LONG time..

edit on 10-6-2022 by iskyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I don't like the term predicting the future to be honest but that was the title of the video and I thought I needed to use that for the thread.
I enjoyed star trek quite a bit as I had a strong interest in ET's and tech of that nature. There are some gems in TNG and I liked DS9 and Voyager. Its gone woke now and I just can't get into their new shows.
edit on 10-6-2022 by starshift because: Type

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: starshift

They spoke about technology and events of the time. None of what you mentioned is new

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Stay away from Orwellian 1984
Though not a prediction, many say its a warning

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   

It wasn't so much a prediction as a re-packaging of several older science fiction stories dating back to the cold war.

Old ideas given a 1990s polishing.

There were similar plots in other TV shows. Fringe springs immediately to mind.

Plague (1979)
Counterblast (1948)
The Crazies (1973)

Lather, rinse repeat.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   

The X-files is science fiction, sometimes yesterday's science fiction is tomorrow's science fact.

That doesn't mean X-files is prophetic all the same as the mRNA vaccines hardly constitute the "Black Goo".

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Perhaps X-files inspired the future makers, god let us hope not.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Actually...a lot of the show's content came from the web. I had early access to the internet due to my association with a university. Back in FTP days, things would appear on bulletin boards, Paranet, Rense (before it became a total cartoon) and other such sources and within a few of weeks, they'd come up as plot elements on the X-Files. The writers were surfing...

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Actually...a lot of the show's content came from the web. I had early access to the internet due to my association with a university. Back in FTP days, things would appear on bulletin boards, Paranet, Rense (before it became a total cartoon) and other such sources and within a few of weeks, they'd come up as plot elements on the X-Files. The writers were surfing...

I have heard what I suppose you'd call an 'urban legend'. It was said that there a number of odd occurrences in diverse 'paranormal' areas, concentrated in the Pacific Northwest, specifically around B.C. and Vancouver and Seattle. Some of those occurrences were indeed investigated by the FBI, so the story goes. And that Chris Carter, the producer of X-Files, based at least some of the earliest shows on these investigations.

Not sure if I believe it, but that's what I've heard.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

What of Gene Roddenberry's connection the The Nine and Hal Puthoff, the 'evidence' that he got the ideas for Star Trek from non humans?

Chris Carter IMO definitely had gov insider connections; stuff panned out too neatly, even while it was on the air.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The black goo was super interesting. Esp. since a sentient black goo was in a lot of pulp fiction in the 20's and 30's , in Lovecraft or his friends.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Damnit... the video stops right when they start talking about the Russians

Xfiles did not predict the future,

It's the conspiracy theorists that come up with the scenario's,
it's the media that denies them,
it's shows like xfiles that use them...

feels like coincidence, I started to rewatch the original series last week...

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Definitely, loved the episodes that featured the Goo.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

That doesn't mean X-files is prophetic all the same as the mRNA vaccines hardly constitute the "Black Goo".

Hi Andy. You might find a little research about graphene very relevant and interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The X-Files is a great show - one of my favs. I think every generation has its shows that "imprint" itself on that particular generation, but with the X-Files it became far and away more popular than anything before it and arguably after it due to the volume of the show. There's something for everyone in it.

11 seasons/218 episodes devoted to aliens, gov cover ups, military experiments, paranormal, faith vs skepticism, people with "comic book" type powers and strange abilities, downright disgusting entities that love in peoples bodies, good ol' fashioned monsters and creatures that live in put of the way places, inbredding, deformities, people who can feel/sense things, etc. too many intertwining serial and episodal storylines to list. There's nothing that really comes close with variety of different sci-fi and mixed content imho. At least that I've seen.

Fringe is great and also a fav of mine. Rock solid storyline
but not the variety of The X-Files as Fringe only deals with 1 overarching story - which is arguably stronger than the 1 in The X-Files - but there's not a lot of variety beyond that.

I'm just glad we have The X-Files. Im a fan for sure.

EDIT: When I first seen the Lone Gunmen episode where they talked about planes flying into the World Trade centers and the blame put on terrorists about increasing military weapon production - it was really, really interesting. It aired just a few months before 9/11 happened.
edit on 10-6-2022 by AntediluvianSpectator because: Added some info

edit on 10-6-2022 by AntediluvianSpectator because: Spelling

edit on 10-6-2022 by AntediluvianSpectator because: Apparently I still can't spell

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Taking at face value the claims of overpopulation and the subsequent drain on resources, why introduce countermeasures via a vaccination? Particularly one marked by so much overt controversy brought about by the blatant villainous behavior of the principle players? Consider how those with the most to gain from this scenario have done everything possible to cause us to suspect foul play.

Questions become even more relevant when viewed alongside known technologies that would permit the covert introduction of a substance of controversial design or purpose. Documented systems such as smart dust and even more sinister black projects exist that are more than capable of delivering any number of chemical agents into the population without anyone suspecting a thing.

Consider, also, the implementation in decades past of various high profile programs by which chemicals, treatments and the like have been foisted upon the public as a whole. Treatment programs like fluoridation of drinking water or mass rollouts of mandated vaccines have been introduced without the bumbling power-grabs and careless hypocrisy of cartoon villains as seen with the current pandemic.

Governments and their intelligence operators have shown themselves more than willing and capable of testing hazardous and even lethal measures on unwitting citizens and colleagues alike. Most here are familiar with the Tuskegee experiments or the ominous MKUltra project and it's various offshoots. We've all heard of the aerosols secretly sprayed in subways and along foggy coastlines in order to test the effectiveness of various bioweapons. Or the "voluntary" test programs offered to long-term prisoners with promises of reduced sentences as incentive.

So, knowing all of this and more, why is the current situation unfolding as if managed by rank amateurs? Why are the string-pullers behaving as if new to this game? Or, as if the game itself is new and not simply another in a long line of nefarious programs with hidden objectives? Why does it seem as if those in power simply don't care if we know their true agenda or the means of its accomplishment? Why have attempts at deception been half-heartedly engaged? What is different now?

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I would say The Lone Gunmen spin-off helped sort of "predict" a few things. I know there was a fascinating coincidence about the twin towers, for example. Unfortunately, I think most are coincidences where reality can be stranger than fiction, even if it's science fiction.

a reply to: AntediluvianSpectator

I see you were ahead of me in mentioning it. Loved that show for as short of a run as it got, very entertaining cast of characters.
edit on 6/10/22 by Hypntick because: Additional Reply

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

But everyone forgets the use of paedophilia to discredit whistle-blowers and fell hook, line, and sinker for the Epstein fiction.

<<   2 >>

join