It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weakest Job Market Since Pandemic Collapse As The Great Reset Kicks Into High Gear

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I've been told on more than one occasion that you can put damn near anything as far as college goes and employers don't actually check.

I've never done it, but I can see how many people would be tempted to do so.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

I've been told on more than one occasion that you can put damn near anything as far as college goes and employers don't actually check.

I've never done it, but I can see how many people would be tempted to do so.

First, tell me how the hell do I check? Seems like a simple process, try it sometime. I know within 10 mins of an interview if I want to hire without looking at the resume. I really spend 1 minute anyways because at the point of a sit-down interview they already passed the HR barriers to get to it.

I remember one time a guy had so much crap on his resume like PHD and all these positions that he could not talk about because of TS clearances, and all I could think of was the guy in front of me was not the guy on the paper.
edit on 8-6-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Don't know why you're so pissy over a simple comment.

And I have done it before. It's as easy as an email or phone call.

As far as the security clearance goes you can check if they actually have a security clearance.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

And I have done it before. It's as easy as an email or phone call.

As far as the security clearance goes you can check if they actually have a security clearance.

I wasn't trying to be pissy. I'm just saying its HR's job to check, but I don't think they do. I'm not HR... As to SCs, yes I know, I have access to JPAS and that is something totally different.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I went out to Thai food for lunch yesterday with a friend and for one appetiser and two entrees it was only like $40 after tip. i dont think thats too bad for 2 people.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
And yet we have hundreds of jobs posted at my hospital and can't get anyone to fill them.

Similar by me.

Close to 30 in our business unit alone with all of them being in the $150k range. We can't find enough people.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

I went out to Thai food for lunch yesterday with a friend and for one appetiser and two entrees it was only like $40 after tip. i dont think thats too bad for 2 people.

Add in 20% TIP, 8,25% TAX, 3.5% HEALTH etc. and it added up quickly with about a 40% on top increase. Took 2 friends to lunch had 2 14" pizzas and fries and 6 beers total, $120 after all said and done.

Not too long ago, pizzas 16 each, Beers 4 each, Fries 5 = $65

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The beers where it adds up. My $40 for two ppl did already include tip and tax.you must live in a very pricey area. I am near Boulder CO which is very pricey too

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

The beers where it adds up. My $40 for two ppl did already include tip and tax.you must live in a very pricey area. I am near Boulder CO which is very pricey too

I live near Portland, 400 breweries.

I think beers are now 6 or 7 for 16oz, even 4 was kind of high for the good stuff.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
That's about the same as here I think.
A pint like I dunno 8$ after $2 tip at a micro brewery.

<< 1  2   >>

join