It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people with IQs of 140 - 200 think?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I am left handed! And to add more to my sayings, I don't have a lot of friends, and well, many people I notice they make fun of people and stuff just to score points. I notice that all the time. When I cant do something, I turn to thinking of physics (weird but, it works). I notice common stereotypes, especially in forums (I.E. gaming forums). I can make up music in minutes, invent things in short times, and well, I'm always thinking about life, and conspiracy, and sever "What if situations" I am also great at teaching things.

Sorry for the messiness, just had random facts.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I recieved a 135 way back when I was in 3rd grade, that'd be about age 8, so 1997. Which would be version 4? I can't remember these things.

I think very differently from the average person. I think in fragments, with multiple thoughts happening at the same time.
Basically I can give an example here

A normal person thinks:
I want a taco.
I have to go to the bathroom.

I think like:
I want have to taco go to the bathroom.

My thoughts are very jumbled, but it all makes sense to me.

Emotionally, considering the amount of mental illness in my family, and my upbringing coupled with intelligence I have developed a very cynical approach to things. I have also begun to easily tell people's true intentions and thoughts behind their words through person to person contact.

The most intelligent walk with their head down to the ground.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I just got tested recently and my Psychiatrist said I scored well enough to be eligible for Mensa, which I have since decided I don't want to become a member of. Regardless on the test I am at least above the top 2%, which is basically the only way to compare IQ exams. I had a very unique case however in that I have an extremely high IQ but that the doctor also found I show symptoms of being highly afflicted by ADHD. To make this more clear for people unfamiliar with the exams, I basically scored much higher than the comparison group in every area but in one area (Working Memory) I scored much lower than I had scored on all the other segments. This translated over to another couple mental exams into me having poor reading comp, math, regurgitation ability with certain time constraints and environmental distraction but having ridiculously high ability with just a smidgen more time and less distraction. I fall into the same profile as Paul Orfalea (founder of Kinkos) and Steve Jobs (Current Apple CEO) in both range of affliction and mental capacity.

Anyway I am very tempted to say that I doubt people who are of high intelligence think any differently than anyone else but I don't know if that is entirely honest, however my thinking differently may be entirely due to my ADHD and not my IQ.

Much of the time I try not to be smart. I have ideas that will work or will solve some problem or clear up some misunderstanding or simplify a situation a great deal and I will hardly ever tell anyone what I am thinking unless I figure out a way to do with without sounding like a know-it-all. When I was growing up I learned quickly that smartest thing to do when you are smart is to try and not be smart. All through high school I was good friends with the 4.0 scholars and other high achievers (which i was an average amount of the time). They all knew I was smarter than them and they never knew why I never 'applied' myself. It was because I didn't want to stand out or be picked on.

Not to post the sob story which this is turning into, I want to point out that I do not mind being smart but it is a burden.

The only very clear example I can give is that of an inside joke between good friends:
If you have an inside joke with someone then only you two understand it and to everyone else it is either a mystery or nonsense or maybe obnoxious. But no matter what you don't tell the secret of the joke or it is meaningless.

Being of 'very superior' intelligence is like having hundreds of inside jokes with yourself and very few other people. You just get 'it'. Whatever 'it' is you tend to understand 'it' maybe not faster but definitely more clearly (on some higher level). You understand 'it' to such an extent that you can't explain 'it' to other people because they probably will not understand 'it' in turn, they may be hurt by your thinking they won't understand 'it' and you may become the victim of your own joke.

The sad truth is most people are not smart enough to accept smart people for who they are and not make faces. And that is why if you know someone who honestly has an truly amazing IQ it is only because they trusted you not to use it against them and most likely few other people know. The really smart kids are the ones who don't get picked on because we know better, we learned from one experience (maybe not ours) that being smart meant not showing it unless you had no other choice.

If you got picked on because you were smart then you either knew no way of making friends and needed the contact albeit negative or you were just not smart enough to know better.

I have worked most of my life to NOT get As because of the attention it brings.
Only sometimes do I let my mind go free and then I often will let some team take the credit or think it deserves the credit. Not using a mind like mine is a crime so I often use mine to make other people use theirs. Ever wonder why the smartest man in the world a bouncer? You might find an answer now.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by firstandlastimeposter]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We tend to think about, and answer, all of the important questions of the universe. For example, why are there interstate highways in Hawaii? I know.

Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway? Answered that one too.

Who's the black private dick who's a sex machine to all the chicks? Well, that goes without saying.

When you can answer these questions, you will know what it's like to be a genius.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charles Lee
A normal person thinks:
I want a taco.
I have to go to the bathroom.

I think like:
I want have to taco go to the bathroom.

Yeah. Don't eat tacos in the bathroom.

Even a room temperature IQ knucklehead like me knows that much.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Spiritualist. Politically Centrist. Deep thoughts. Passionate.

All questions answered.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think this is a blatant excercise in flattery designed to get lots of replies!

My next thread will be called: Do Creative People Fart Silently?

I think we may have a few opinions on that one!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla

My next thread will be called: Do Creative People Fart Silently?

Only if a girl is around and I can blame it on my dog!
I swear

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's funny that so many have a genius or near genius intellect, and the average IQ worldwide is something like 85.
I find it rather hilarious.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
It's funny that so many have a genius or near genius intellect, and the average IQ worldwide is something like 85.
I find it rather hilarious.

Well, you have to figure the percentage of the population that are regular computer users, which has been shown to be more a more intelligent population. Then you take into account how many of those users would gravitate toward a site that supports and encourages alternative ways of thinking like ATS, and there you have it. A whole thread with a lot of people talking about how smart they are.

It's actually pretty simple to figure out, that is if you're a genius....

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
142 last time it got checked.

i can do almost anything, learn almost anything, create, figure things out, etc.

but, i don't do very well with people. i have a hard time doing things in a uniformed, dictated manner. i always feel like i have to improve on things when i get involved.

other quirky things.

i think i actually end up looking less intelligent most of the time.

i think a child with a high iq should receive special training and counseling. i think a high-power noggin needs to be used by professionals, otherwise we end up having lots of trouble in life, and even mental illness.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
High intellect means that you see more complexities in a situation or topic. You see different facets of a problem simultaneously.

It can be an advantage, but it can also be a disadvantage too. Understanding too much can often inhibit action. A person with less intellect may be more focused and less distracted therefore a higher achiever.

One aspect of seeing multiple facets of a situation is that intelligent people have a greater sense of irony and are often amused when other people can't see the joke. This often leads people of average IQ to suspect the high IQ person is mentally derranged.

Being of a high IQ can be quite lonely and lead to isolation from peers.

That's my thought on the OP.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
High intellect means that you see more complexities in a situation or topic. You see different facets of a problem simultaneously.

Being of High IQ is nothing more than the uncommon ability to pierce the veil of "knowing". To see patterns in what other see as complex, to draw conclusion about those patterns which are more true than those that see only the details. It is an innate ability that most are born with, yet the majority lose due to environmental confounding variables of waking beta states imposed on your consciousness. We all are born with this abilitly of "knowing", but most of us lose our connection to it.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

We all are born with this abilitly of "knowing", but most of us lose our connection to it.

You my friend are confusing IQ with spiritual wisdom.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

It can be an advantage, but it can also be a disadvantage too. Understanding too much can often inhibit action. A person with less intellect may be more focused and less distracted therefore a higher achiever.

One aspect of seeing multiple facets of a situation is that intelligent people have a greater sense of irony and are often amused when other people can't see the joke. This often leads people of average IQ to suspect the high IQ person is mentally derranged.

To me, it's a frigging nightmare. I have no idea what to do with it. Usually it gets abused. The rest of the time, I feel like it's an enormous practical joke that got played on me.
I was brought up being told I was stupid and substandard.
About 5 years ago, a Therapist forced me to take my first IQ test, among other things.
The rest of the details don't matter. It's just a waste.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This often leads people of average IQ to suspect the high IQ person is mentally derranged.

Well, that's very true. Intelligent people often do live a very lonely life because, I mean, what is a very intelligent person going to talk to the average Joe Schmole about? They have nothing in common, really.

As far as people considering people of high intellect as being deranged, in some cases there is some merit to that. Look at the Unabomber, Ted Kaczinski, the guy has an IQ of about 170 and he was a professor at Harvard back in the 60s.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horrificus

i think i actually end up looking less intelligent most of the time.

Yeah, my psychologist even said that I don't outwardly purport my intelligence. She said, "While you are very intelligent, the average person speaking to you probably wouldn't know it."

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Okay, I'll bite.

Apparently mine is a little more than Einstein's was, but I don't put much stock in that - that test seems to be biased and partial and ambiguous in areas the psychologists who wrote them probably didn't think were.

Like everyone else though, we think with our minds - but the difference between 'us' and 'them' is, I think, just a matter of the amount of time spent precisely in the mind, contemplating whatever question(s).

The mind is just a muscle 'we' exercise more I think.

I don't think 'we' are any better or worse than anyone, but there are many of 'us' who think they are - pretentious dyckheads is all they are though. We just spend more time in our minds and, subsequently, have lowered barriers in our own mind to an extent that 'ordinary' people at times have difficulty grasping or even relating to things 'we' place importance upon.

But it seems, too, that one common theme in this type is a passion for their vision, whether the vision is finely focused in the case of the savant or more general, as in Nietzsche for example.

Barriers in the mind, by the way, are generally pre-conceived notions based upon beliefs, typically pummelled into the psyche from birth - and the creative mind (one 'at ease within'), has an easier time questioning, subsequently lowering, said barriers

Generally we seem to be social f-ups though, and I think this is a contributing factor to, precisely, living in the mind more - or maybe its an effect, it matters little. Personally I talk little of the superficial and have a difficult time relating to mainstream ideas - except Canadian Idle, that sounds like something I could get into. Oh ya, I definitely do NOT watch TV.

And to the earlier post about people 'like us' walking generally with head down - that could the posture of a warrior, for with the glance laying a few feet in front of you (angled downward) there is more peripheral available, and you can see and feel more of what is behind and around you than if you were to be focused only straight forward. But also, when watching downward one isn't as overwhelmed by all the sensation going on around too, so it's easier to focus on the concept du jour.

But you don't have to be a genius to be a warrior though.

That's about it. 'We' are nothing special, believe me - no matter what some claim.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by effinlunatic]

[edit on 30-6-2007 by effinlunatic]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by effinlunatic

Personally I talk little of the superficial and have a difficult time relating to mainstream ideas -
That's about it. 'We' are nothing special, believe me - no matter what some claim.

Yeah, I have a hard time placing any importance on most of the things that "average" people talk about. I really couldn't care less about what video games or new songs are coming out. It's all "blah,blah, blah," to me. I certainly don't have any interest in the lives of these so-called celebrities, like many do.

As far as intelligent "living inside their own minds," sort of speak, I think that is probably true. Most intelligent people, including myself, are thinkers and not necessarily doers. They are continuously thinking about things, but never really verbalizing or acting on their thoughts.

I think this causes problems for intelligent people, at least socially.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I believe in G-D but it has no beard.

My I.Q is 1-1

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 1-7-2007 by h3akalee]

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join