It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people with IQs of 140 - 200 think?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I guess all of that 1% must post here at ATS!!!

[

I like you. we're very much on the same page.

down with all the malarkey and self-aggrandizing. for so many "geniuses" in the world to all find their way to one thread you would think it would be darn near statisically impossible to have them all posting on one website in one thread wouldn't ya?

World population: 6,000,000,000

1% of 6,000,000,000 is 60,000,000

ATS has 113,308 members (a minute fraction of the 60 million geniuses worldwide) I'm not going to count, but I doubt the number of members posting in this thread is even close to the full membership. I'll guess that maybe 50 or so users have posted in this thread, which is an even smaller fraction of the full worldwide genius population.

As I said before, this site attracts a certain type of member, and they are often more intelligent than the average person. so no, it's not statisically[sic] impossible.

Edit to add: As a matter of fact, statistically 1133 of our members (at least) must be geniuses. And much less than that number have posted in this thread.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Not a must, a chance.
One percent of the full ATS memberlist is not one percent of the whole populace on the world.

And they are often more intelligent? How so.
Because they give their one-sided views about a subject more "important" to you?

Or all all the people you hang out with brain-dead?

I see more than enough people reply here talking about:

"ITS HOAX ZOMG!!?!"
"[Copy news article] OMG THIS IS BAD BECAUSE [quote your opinion from the news article], THATS BAD"

Now you might be looking for / paying attention to less mainstream articles / events / etc. But that doesn't neccesarily make the average joe on ATS of higher intelligence.

[edit on 8/7/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You all are not listening. The population having a freaking IQ of 135 and over is almost nil!! I don't know where some of you are getting your IQ tests from, but there is something faulty somewhere. Hell, I am pretty damn intelligent and my IQ is only about 120.

I have taken about 4 different IQ Tests. The first test I took was when I was 17. I scored 145 on that test. The second test I took at 18 and I scored 143 on that test. The third test I took was when I was 20 and I scored 135 on that test. The last test I took was just recently at www.highiqsociety.org... and I scored 130 on the basic test there.

Seems that with age our IQ's drop. Or maybe I should just quit smoking the stuff I can't discuss on ATS.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
When I took the Mensa test I made sure to not smoke the unmentionables for about a day prior. Then I had some green tea that morning (just to calm my nerves). Needless to say I got in, but I'm very curious as to how I would have done on the test if I hadn't stopped for a day.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm curious to see what my IQ would have been if I wouldn't have tried the unmentionable in the first place. My guess is it would have been on par with what it was at age 17.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If I hadn't, I'm sure I would have already had a PhD in something, and making madd loot. But then again, I wouldn't have the friends I have today, and I'm betting I would have been one dull SOB. I wouldn't change a thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Same here my friend, same here.
I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I have had the greatest times of my life with my friends under the influence of you know.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure we just violated the T&C. So, let me clarify what we're talking about so there is no doubt. It's red Kool-Aid. That stuff is great.

Anyway, As for the population of ATS having above average IQs. I remember reading somewhere that regulat computer users tended to have a higher IQ than non users. And, I remember reading that people who gravitated towards conspiracy theories also had a higher IQ than average. It was equated with the critical thinking process which is common among the intellectually superior.

So, I concluded, maybe falsely, that it is likely that at least 1% of ATS members are geniuses based on the ratio of geniuses to the world population. However, I guess we'd need a solid IQ test of every member, or at least a reasonable sample, to come to a solid conclusion.

Mods or admins, could something like this be done? I know we have a lot of ATS surveys. Could we initiate an ATS IQ test to find out?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I, personally, am a person of logic, however I try hard not to let this show. Although I believe that emotion shouldn't come in the way of some judgements, I can't really let that slip, since today's society would reject me.

I have a hard time identifying my own emotions, and I have ADHD, which apparently doesn't always mean that you're hyper.

As far as I've seen, I'm not so much an artistic genius, and I don't have a VERY good command of the English language(compared to people above my level), but I think things through more than the average person my age. (And seeing as I referenced my age, you can guess that I'm not an adult, and you will be correct.)

Although I'm kind of slow, my thoughts are a bit more thorough than most my age. I don't hold fast to my beliefs if they are incorrect, but instead I look for ways of correcting it rather than denying that it was incorrect in the first place.

And for my social problems... I have ADHD and I may have Asperger's syndrome, for the first 6 or 7 years of my education I had no friends due to my interests that differed from everyone else, I still have trouble making friends, and I have made a habit of questioning the majority. (Also, I'm the rebel type, but the kind that does it subtly. As far as the teachers know, I'm just a really polite British student, haha)

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
When I took the Mensa test I made sure to not smoke the unmentionables for about a day prior. Then I had some green tea that morning (just to calm my nerves). Needless to say I got in, but I'm very curious as to how I would have done on the test if I hadn't stopped for a day.

I did the complete opposite, and smoked more...kool-aid than usual. Hmm, not sure that works. Anyway, I got 134-137 (3 different tests). I wonder what would have happened had I not done so.

I now have a crappy pain condition that actually causes atrophy in the prefrontal cortex (among many other things) and I'm terrified of taking another test, knowing that it must have dropped significantly becasue of the trouble I have making decisions, finding words, etc.

So, I'm not going to tell anyone how I think, 'cos I'm not clever enough for you.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
you should take the Mensa practice test and see how you do (in any condition).

www.mensa.org...

As a matter of fact, everyone posting in this thread should take this test and see what their chances of getting into the club are.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hi!

Please don't confuse genius with an IQ score. While the two may be correlated, "genius" is a very vague term that is usually defined by accomplishment, not by psychometrics. Many geniuses have very high IQ. However, many people with high IQs never accomplish anything worth "genius" status. I'm not falling back into the old cliche of "people with high IQ don't necessary do anything worthwhile". Many people with high IQ do very well for themselves in whatever arena they choose. However, it's not genius. Don't ever talk about having a "genius IQ". You are a genius or not, regardless of your IQ. Geniuses are known for their accomplishments. They aren't anonymous forum posters waiting for something amazing to happen. There probably aren't any geniuses here. If you are a genius, show me what you have done.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by soupydreck

Also having a high IQ doesnt necessarily mean that you want to work somewhere where its required. I once read a story about a guy who sold hot dogs for a living... he scored like 140 on his first IQ test....

All im saying is that sometimes, the bright people are not the ones you expect. Besides, the people who do really well in life arent the ones with high IQ. You only need a high IQ to perform certain work. The ones making the big bucks are the guys hiring the smart ones. You dont need a high IQ to be a good boss. Its about other qualities.

I dont value people based on IQ, I value them on their personality. A good personality + good physical appearance is a sure way to attract people and therefore also climb the ladder.

In short, I think IQ is a bit overempathized... and im saying this as a guy who also have a good IQ score (not mensa though).

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
141 in high school. 135-147 depending on which internet test you take, although they seem bogus. I also scored an 82 on my ASVAB with no pre-test. I was actually sluffing and wondered into the wrong area of the school. Out of nowhere I hear, "Oh another one here, good on ya.' We're just about to start." The test was actualy pretty entertaining. It had a lot of "mechanical" puzzles which I had never seen before. It was probably the most fun test I've ever taken in my entire life. The only downfall of my little slip up was that I get phonecalls every now and again at 8 in the morning from the Army, Airforce, whoever.. Bummer.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

wyrdeone that is an amazing post, i think we have a lot in common.

Ialways consider myself a scholar, there is always something to learn.
my way of thinking and understanding sometimes distants people from me but i stopped feeling guilt for been different and accepted my difference.

A feeling of unfufilment creeps in when i feel i haven't done enough with what is given to me. full of great ideas but sometimes too lazy to go in search of opportunities.

I love research and analysis. forever in pursuit knowledge.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
one really smart person i met said that he visualizes everything as a symbol, and is able to remember them better. like all numbers have a symbol, like 11 is a football post, and 6 is a golf club. and then he is able to remember sequences of numbers by visualizing them or making up a story with the symbols.

anyone here do this?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by elusivetruth
one really smart person i met said that he visualizes everything as a symbol, and is able to remember them better. like all numbers have a symbol, like 11 is a football post, and 6 is a golf club. and then he is able to remember sequences of numbers by visualizing them or making up a story with the symbols.

anyone here do this?

Yes! I do something very similar and not just with numbers. When I was younger I scored 200...but I have gone through so many changes since then. For example I could draw and write with both my left and right hands equally well, in soccer I used both feet etc but I was so shy and withdrawn that I never explored my talents. I was a very "different" kid and I had a hard time because of it. Not having my father around didn't help either. Now I'm much more "normal" except for a few things which would probably freak ppl out so I won't say what. Lol sorry for rambling. :|

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Elijio

i understand, its hard being smart when everyone around you isn't. always made me feel like a freak. no one was my friend unless it was test day in hs.

now that i am working it is completely different, i love being surrounded by nerdy people like myself.

now you have me curious, what kind of freaky things are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I don't know my own IQ but both of my daughters are in the 140 to 200 range. They are both very different emotionally socially and intellectually. One similar thing they have is literature.
My oldest is outgoing but has a few close friends, she is Christian, Always excelled in school because she wanted too, and emotionally she an optimist most of the time.
My youngest is not outgoing and has a few close friends, she grew up Christian but tends to be seeking at the moment, she was bored in school, I feel they didn't challenge her enough, they also said she had ADD, she is quick tempered but gets over it quickly.

I think IQ tests are outdated. The brain has not been studied enough.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by espirth

Even 140 - 150 is quite a substantial difference. 140 - 200 is a mind blowing difference. There's many brilliant minds at the 110 + range, so, if it turns out that your daughters are less than 140, or whatever, they still may seem smart if not more so than people with a higher IQ.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join