It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War crimes being committed by Ukraine (GRAPHIC)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That's a good way to give a reason for the aggressor to do the same. If someone invades you...there is a very good chance they are the more powerful one, maybe on par but usually more powerful. Why on earth would you want to give reasons to the bully to get worse?

I would fight tooth and nail...but I wouldn't mistreat anyone captured...lest I find that I am captured one day and treated as such.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

What a word salad... but I'll play.

So do tell what exactly I'm missing by not watching a video that depicts horrific torture and brutality which I have absolutely no way of knowing if it's all staged or true or somewhere in between?

What exactly would watching these videos tell me that I don't already know?

How are my previous comments and current opinions going to change by watching the videos? I'm pretty sure I would have exactly the same opinions and comments if I did watch the videos....

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The amount of "the poor Russians" threads on ATS makes my stomach turn. Don't invade then.

And if you think the same wouldn't happen on U.S. soil..riiiight. Will it happen wholesale, probably not, it's probably not there either..but it definitely would happen.

Anyone confirm this vid, or guys all lighting your hair on fire over something unconfirmed/proven

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
a reply to: GravitySucks

I'd say you were the one bringing the feelz.

Of course you would say that, cause you are in a position you can only try to throw that at me.

I brought you international law, I think that should be the end of this discussion.

I won't waste further time on you, Ukraine is calling on these laws for help, Russia broke these laws 2014. You can google UN charta yourself.

You "brought" bupkus and can't even defend it. Dismissed.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

After seeing all your tough talk and defense of such actions here I would bet you'd be curled up hiding or would have already ran.

Say what?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
The amount of "the poor Russians" threads on ATS makes my stomach turn. Don't invade then.

we should be treating this war, just as we treated the civil war in Spain, just before WW2. that being to pretty much completely ignore it. after all that is a good chunk of what this war is, a civil war. and like with Spain where it was communists against their fascist political cousins. and since there was actually no "good guy", and with either side winning, putting/keeping an enemy in place. there really is no upside to helping either side. since either one is pretty much just as bad for the country.

And if you think the same wouldn't happen on U.S. soil..riiiight. Will it happen wholesale, probably not, it's probably not there either..but it definitely would happen.

of course war crimes would happen, it happens in every war, and pretty much from ALL combatant countries involved. heck such war crimes have already happened IN the US,in at least the rebellion and civil wars (want to bet if we really look we would also find that such things happened during the war of 1812, and war with Mexico as well?). such war crimes were committed in WW1 and WW2,by all sides. also Korea, Vietnam, etc.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So if the people of the breakaway regions start torturing Ukrainians that's cool too? I mean there was a lot of killing civilians there women and children too. The atrocities at the hands of Azov there have been pretty high over the last 6 or so years.

"Breakaway regions." Nice wording there. You mean the areas the Russians who moved to Ukraine want to claim as Russian? Ludicrous

I guess you'd be okay with Mexico reclaiming Texas or California based on your reasoning.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So, invading a country, killing thousands of civilians and destroying millions of people’s lives, while bombing there cities to rubble is all just fine... but kneecapping captured invaders is going to far and an inhumane war crime, yeah?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Anyone confirm this vid, or guys all lighting your hair on fire over something unconfirmed/proven

When you put a gun in the hands of a civilian and tell him to go off and fight a war, he is still a civilian, and any place they muster is a valid military target. Untrained in Geneva Convention or military tactics, he is simply cannon fodder.

Shall we lower ourselves to the level of the enemy, real enemy? The "Media" has always belonged to the Real Enemy! Take some pepto bizmo for your stomach. War is a very ugly business.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I bet you all the people supporting this torture were crying for war when ISIS was shooting the prisoners point blank too. Its all wrong anyways Russia invading is wrong and those Ukrainians are wrong too in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

No one claims it's just fine. Why do you twist it? It's legitimate to blow up a tank, to kill the enemy. No one is yelling "Murder!"
Engage in limb punishment shootings and the sympathy is lost. It's in UA interest not to sweep it under the carpet. What you see as overacting I see as overlooking

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Beats me why this would be recorded on a smart phone and uploaded unless it's designed to instil fear in any russian contemplating surrender.

It makes no sense to post your own guilt online.

If its the nazi clique within azov then they are just as likely to kill Ukrainian captives as russian because they want to be a law unto themselves and see a chance of a small power grab should they survive the conflict as a viable entity.

However it came to be. It doesn't compute.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: generik
Can't argue with much of that, glad you can see.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
So, invading a country, killing thousands of civilians and destroying millions of people’s lives, while bombing there cities to rubble is all just fine... but kneecapping captured invaders is going to far and an inhumane war crime, yeah?

You're conflating war with sadistic torture.

Isn't there a difference between shooting an enemy who is also armed and is shooting at you...
...and shooting a captured and surrendered, unarmed and cuffed, defenseless POW?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyNut
I bet you all the people supporting this torture were crying for war when ISIS was shooting the prisoners point blank too. Its all wrong anyways Russia invading is wrong and those Ukrainians are wrong too in my opinion.

Who's crying for war here? And you must understand, ISIS here = Russia, Russia invaded, invaders should get stomped..I bet you would, if someone invaded your house. Tell me you wouldn't..

Would you be as upset, if the ISIS guys were getting executed?

Anyway, I can't argue that it's right to shoot prisoners, it's not really, but nothing about this is right.
edit on 27-3-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Russian Artist Doused In Fake Blood In Anti-War Protest

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

When you put a gun in the hands of a civilian and tell him to go off and fight a war, he is still a civilian, and any place they muster is a valid military target. Untrained in Geneva Convention or military tactics, he is simply cannon fodder.

Shall we lower ourselves to the level of the enemy, real enemy? The "Media" has always belonged to the Real Enemy! Take some pepto bizmo for your stomach. War is a very ugly business.

It is ugly, so people shouldn't cry for Russian invaders.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You still don't get it. The poster that you reacted to was simply saying:

Those who dont watch the video are yet to gain the right to comment.
There's no way around it

I would emphasize something or do a little overview on this huge amount of text but I think it stands on it's own quiet good. And then you went on a tirade with CAPSLOCK completely missing the point.

The point is:
If you don't watch the video you are relying on what people write here. You evidently can not trust what people write here, because EVIDENTLY if you had watched the video, you would know that there are posters here intentionally lying about the content of the video.

That's all. It's not about changing your opinion it's about HOW your opinion is formed.

TLDR: Either believe stupidly what people write or go look for yourself.
edit on 27-3-2022 by TDDAgain because: formed, not based

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You implied Ukraine never signed the treaties, something you pulled out of your ass. It's simply not true.

You can google yourself or learn something on the page before this one. But one thing at last, you make yourself look very stupid, so stupid that I wont waste time googling up this information for you.

But go on, dig yourself deeper.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

They had a vote to leave after the US backed coup...they are break away regions. I'm sure you will say the vote was a fraud which is funny since we all know now that zelensky was elected as the results of a coup backed up by the US's 5 billion dollars. But the fraud must be them voting to break away.

I can whataboutism too...i guess you'd be ok with a russian backed coup and puppet state in mexico yea?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join