It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pope's Health Deteriorates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
That will be something if he doesn't make it over the night. I bet Catholics will see it as an omen if is the same day as Terri's passing.

Being a Catholic, I'd take that bet.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the weird thing is, it's very likely the next pope wont be from Europe this time, a majority of the cardinals are now from non-European areas

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
Two things:

The last rights is actually what they call a healing prayer.

It is now April 1 in Italy, which by their measurement will not be the same day Terri passed away.

No it is not the first yet Italy is on hour off gmt which makes in 11.22 P.M.

[edit on 3/31/2005 by shots]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Actually I believe Europe is already on daylight savings time, so he is correct.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Actually I believe Europe is already on daylight savings time, so he is correct.

Interesting I thought daylight savings time always went into effect on the first saturday in April.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I just heard the same thing, the last rites were given to the Pope

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It seems his fever was due to a urinary track infection (UTI). If he makes it through this day my prediction last year that he would die in March will be gone. I certainly hope that he doen't have to suffer much longer.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be ironic if the Pope lapsed into a coma and suffered severe brain damage. Left to depend on life support and unable to carry out his duties as Pope.

Now isnt it right that the only way the Pope changes is due to death? So the Catholics are stuck with a PVS Pontiff and morally bound by their archaic rules to keep him alive for possibly years?

Doesnt any one else think that this whole Terri debacle could be neatly resolved with the aid of the First Amendment?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Shouldnt the freedom to choose your religion apply to those who dont feel bound by religious conviction? i.e. sanctity of human life. It seems that Catholic/Christian values are being imposed on those who dont believe in God or just disagree with some of the Churches edicts which is clearly unconstitutional

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Wouldnt it be ironic if the Pope lapsed into a coma and suffered severe brain damage. Left to depend on life support and unable to carry out his duties as Pope.

Now isnt it right that the only way the Pope changes is due to death? So the Catholics are stuck with a PVS Pontiff and morally bound by their archaic rules to keep him alive for possibly years?

Doesnt any one else think that this whole Terri debacle could be neatly resolved with the aid of the First Amendment?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Shouldnt the freedom to choose your religion apply to those who dont feel bound by religious conviction? i.e. sanctity of human life. It seems that Catholic/Christian values are being imposed on those who dont believe in God or just disagree with some of the Churches edicts which is clearly unconstitutional

Um,
I hate to break it to you, but Terri Schiavo was a Catholic.

So, if you want to go into a first amendment debate, we had a situation where her religious rights were violated by the courts (that's because the first doesn't just prohibit the states from creating an official religion... it prohibits the states from denying an individual their religious rights).

So... go there if you want. If you want to bring up the Bill of Rights Schiavo's religious freedoms were violated because the courts prevented her from practicing an aspect of her religious beliefs.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Interesting I thought daylight savings time always went into effect on the first saturday in April.

Perhaps this will answer your question. It is according to my calculation now 1:20 AM April 1, in Italy.

If this post exceeds 1 hour and 20 minutes of my last recorded at 10:05 then I was wrong.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The vatican website is nonresponsive and all the vatican news services have gone dark.

I don't know if it would be crass to say anything more on the internet. Perhaps a moment of silence would be best?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I thought that they said a bladder infection would respond well to antibiotics. Hopefully he'll be okay. It would be a shame for him to go out not being able to talk or anything.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
If Terri and the Pope dies today, this will be a great ritual day for the Illuminati.

Female and Male

West coast and East Coast

Both of them would have died via slow death

To make it even worse, check out today's date:

3 - 31 - 2007 = 16 -> 7

In numerology this number has to do with Perfection of something...

and 31 is 13 backward....

[edit on 31-3-2005 by mwen]

Sorry but those numbers just dont work. That is just a pure twist to make it work. 31 is 13 backwards, wow.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

3 - 31 - 2007 = 16 -> 7

This is 2005 not 2007

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Um,
I hate to break it to you, but Terri Schiavo was a Catholic.

I knew that already thats why I also said:

Originally posted by subz
who dont believe in God or just disagree with some of the Churches edicts

Um shouldnt you read all of a post before criticising it?

[edit on 31/3/05 by subz]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well Subz,
Since you have no idea what Terri thought... I guess you can't claim that she would have wanted to be euthanized. Since you don't know what her feelings were regarding every teaching of the church... than you have to conclude that using the first amendment to support her euthanization is flawed.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Perhaps this is God's way of showing us what happens when people "Play God."

Deciding how and when a person should die. Tsk. Tsk.

I am amazed at the timing. It must be an omen.

Dot.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

If Terri and the Pope dies today, this will be a great ritual day for the Illuminati.
~snip

You know? I was thinking the same dern thing.

That tsumani though, you can't top that as a good day to immanentize the eschaton. Somebody moved up a few notches with that one no doubt.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The Pope has not passed away yet. He could live for another year if he was very very lucky.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Well Subz,
Since you have no idea what Terri thought... I guess you can't claim that she would have wanted to be euthanized.

Well her husband said she did (hence my assertion) and I'd believe him more than the religious zealots who dont know her. Should she have written a living will which can be nullified by doctors and politicians at will?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join