It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pope's Health Deteriorates

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
my last email alert from cnn came 3minutes ago and this is what it said

CNN BREAKING NEWS
- Vatican says pope's condition has worsened, breathing has become shallow. The Vatican says the general and cardio-respiratory condition of Pope John Paul II "has worsened." His spokesman said his breathing has become shallow and his circulatory and kidney functions have deteriorated.

i don't think he'll make it through the day. god bless his soul. he seemed to be a wonderful and very well loved pope.

angie

[edit on 1-4-2005 by amb1063]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It appears now that the Pope has lost consciousness and is near death or may have already passed.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
media.yahoo.com.../nws/abclive/abclive
a live link.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It seems that the Pope hasn't died on the same day as Terri, but unfortunately, the hour is coming fast =[

He is currently suffering from kidney failure, cardiovascular trouble, shallow breathing, and now they are reporting that he has LOST consciousness.

God bless his soul..

-wD

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't know why I am feeling the things I am. Although I was raised RC, I have not gone to mass since I was a teenager, and I refuse to go now because I am in fundamental disagreement with too many church teachings on things like birth control and marraige for the clergy. I would not describe myself as a religious person, and I rather despise people who are "preachy".

Yet...I cannot help but feel incredibly sad about the passing of this man. Maybe its because of all the things he did behind the scenes to defeat the evils of communism. Maybe its because he has never waivered on his interpretation of church laws, and what he saw as right and wrong. Maybe its because, as a man, he is incredibly smart, caring, and because he really does set an example for all of us in many way. This is too weird. Those are going to be some awfly big shoes to fill.....

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
I find it hypocritical that the Pope is remaining in his apartment in his condition. Shouldnt he be rushed to hospital and kept alive by all means necessary? After all isnt it considered "murder" to deny complete medical care to a dying person?

Why should the Pope get to choose the place and time of his death when he's denied that right to millions of Catholics across the globe?
Last week the Vatican announced that he would not be returned to the hospital, this probably means that he himself made this request via a DNR.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I am getting maried today, is it bad luck if the pope dies on your wedding day.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
I am getting maried today, is it bad luck if the pope dies on your wedding day.

no i think you'll do just fine. are you seriously getting married are just pulling our legs??

angie

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I realy am in 3 hours

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
He is currently suffering from kidney failure, cardiovascular trouble, shallow breathing, and now they are reporting that he has LOST consciousness.

God bless his soul..
-wD

This is the process my father went thru as he was dying -- it was distressing to me of course but it actually seemd to be a peaceful process for him -- he didn't struggle for breath he just slipped away at the end.

I hope it is a similar process for the Pope.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
God bless the nazi pope's soul.

Now him and his friends from IG Farben can finally be together in peace

home.earthlink.net...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
I realy am in 3 hours

well congratulations. i hope your marriage is a long and happy one.

angie

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The Vatican confirms that Pope John Paul II has died.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The Vatican confirms that Pope John Paul II has died.

Do you have a link or something

All i can find are this mornings stories

Thanks

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i can't find anything on his death yet...............all i'm seeing is that he is failing.............

angie

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Vatican has NOT confirmed.

SkyNews: Popes Electrocardiogram has gone flat.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I was watching FOX and they had the Vatican spokesman speaking in Italian and there was a voiceover saying he was dead, but now it seems it was just Italian news agencies saying that, so it may not be official yet. Sorry if I misinformed.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
oh #e now I have to watch fox

DC1

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The encephalogram is flat, but it's not official yet.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Drudge Headline POPE DIES.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join