It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pope's Health Deteriorates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
SBS TV in Australia has just reported the Pope has gone into a coma.

S.

JAK

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
According to Sky News the vatican have denied the the Pope is in a coma and said the paper reporting it was mistaken.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I heard the first report, on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox that the Pope was in a coma and, then, the quick denial by the Vatican. I keep wondering if, perhaps, God forbid, He hasn't already succumbed.
Either way, this seems to be the day that JPII will leave this world. I will miss him so much. I didn't expect to feel this sad.
joey

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
hes getting worse

..Vatican: Pope's condition 'very grave'
Pontiff suffers cardiocirculatory collapse, septic shock

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
may he rest in peace the little mods

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Say your last prayers for his soul. I believe the Pope has died and been rehablilitated back to life after his cardiocirculatory collapse and septic shock. I'm sure at this moment he cannot express what he saw during his quick walk on the other side, but science has brought him back momentarily before he takes his next journey. At this present state the Vatican is denying that he is in a comatose state.

www.cnn.com...

DC1

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
At 12:25 italian time, exactly 9 minutes ago, official news from the Vatican state that the Pope is conscious and not in a coma, as previously rumoured this same morning on various italian TV channels. Still, his conditions are extremely precarious and their degenaration highly possible.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY ....

This is coming up on this Sunday. It's a feast day that is very close
to the pope's heart. Back in 1935, Sr. Faustina claimed visions from
God. She said that a spark from Poland would usher in the second
coming of Christ and many people (including me) think that she was
referring to PJPII. There are many other end time prophecies that
Sr. Faustina (now Saint Faustina) said. I posted them in the
prophecy section here. Anyways ... Sr. Faustina was from Poland
and her writings were banned for a while. When the pope was
a cardinal, he made the writings available and when he became
pope, he Canonized Sr. Faustina and helped spread the devotion
of Divine Mercy Sunday.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him 'go home' on Sunday - and he's
probably holding out until that day. It's a special day for him.

NEXT POPE FROM AFRICA??

I REALLY hope that Cardinal Arinze is elected pope. He is a wonderful
black man from Africa. He's a convert to Catholicism. I think he was
some form of pagan previously. He's smart and well spoken and he
has LOTS of COMMON SENSE! Best of all - he isn't from Europe. He
might be able to undo some of the eurocentric crap that has been
flowing out of the Vatican in the past decade or so.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
NEXT POPE FROM AFRICA??

I REALLY hope that Cardinal Arinze is elected pope. He is a wonderful
black man from Africa. He's a convert to Catholicism. I think he was
some form of pagan previously. He's smart and well spoken and he
has LOTS of COMMON SENSE! Best of all - he isn't from Europe. He
might be able to undo some of the eurocentric crap that has been
flowing out of the Vatican in the past decade or so.

That would make for an interesting discussion in the Church on reforming its position on AIDS and condoms wouldn't it? Assuming the new Pope wasn't too Catholic-centic, then expect pretty much the same old crap flowing out of the Vatican as always.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The position on condoms can never change. It's in one of the
'never can change' collumns. It has to do with the belief in
Onanism. In the O.T. a man (Onan) was punished with death
by God for 'spilling his seed' and not fulfilling God's laws about
procreating with the wife of his dead brother. If God never
changes, then when God punished Onan with death (hell) for
'spilling his seed' ... then it is still a mortal sin to do so now
with condoms.

Don't shoot the messenger ... I'm just telling you the belief.
I disagree with the interpretation of Onanism.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Don't shoot the messenger ... I'm just telling you the belief.
I disagree with the interpretation of Onanism.

He he, I won't. Didn't know it was called Onanism. That's interesting.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofSpy
now...seeing John Paul struggling to speak...fighting to live...Im at a loss. Its very emotional..why would a just God allow a man with the strongest faith Ive ever seen die like this? This is terrible...I dont think hell last another week let alone the next 48 hours..

That's ridiculous. Die like this? Die like what? He is an old man. You make it sound like he got hit by a car or something. If it's time, it's time. How is the death of an old man from old age "terrible"? A child being murdered is terrible. A pregnant mother run over by a bus is terrible. Old man dying from old age is nature.

Get a grip people.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I find it hypocritical that the Pope is remaining in his apartment in his condition. Shouldnt he be rushed to hospital and kept alive by all means necessary? After all isnt it considered "murder" to deny complete medical care to a dying person?

Why should the Pope get to choose the place and time of his death when he's denied that right to millions of Catholics across the globe?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
subz,

I'm not Catholic but I think your analysis is a total misrepresentation of the Catholic position on this. They have never required such heroic measures and his apartment in the Vatican has been practically turned into a hospital and they can take care of him to the extent necessary to prolong life enough to support any possible hopeful recovery. If you're refering to the Schiavo case, they didn't consider a simple feeding tube heroic measures such as dialysis, heart-lung machines, or ventilators. The Pope currently is on a feeding tube and it certainly would never be removed to allow him to starve to death.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
I find it hypocritical that the Pope is remaining in his apartment in his condition. Shouldnt he be rushed to hospital and kept alive by all means necessary? After all isnt it considered "murder" to deny complete medical care to a dying person?

If an out-patient is deemed to be "compus mentus", that person can request what will be done by their medico's. A 'NFR' and 'NFT' are probably the most common.

NFR=Not for resuscitation.
NFT=No further treatment.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I find it hypocritical .... Why should the Pope get to choose the place and time of his death when he's denied that right to millions of Catholics across the globe?

There is nothing hypocritical about the catholic church stand on how to take
care of people. The only problem is that you don't understand what it is. The Catholic church position is that it isn't necessary to submit someone to unnecessary medical treatment if they are terminal (heart lung machines for example). Terri Schiavo was not terminal. Except for brain damage she was perfectly healthy ... just the fact that it took 14 days for her body to starve to death proves that.

Also - the Catholic church does not deny the 'right to die' to millions of
Catholics across the globe. I don't know how you came up with that.
Do you mean that by instructing the faithful that food and water are
basic rights and not excessive medical care ... that the church is over stepping it's bounds? Hey .. it's the church's JOB to instruct the faithful
as to what is (it sees as) moral and what isn't. Withholding food and
water is immoral and the church is correct to instruct it's faithful in this area.

DC1

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Why should the Pope get to choose the place and time of his death when he's denied that right to millions of Catholics across the globe?

The Pope himself, in a perfectly conscious way, has requested to remain in his premises and not be taken to hospital, any hospital, no matter what. There is a squadron of doctors and nurses right now in his living quarters, and he is receiving all the best possible medical help there is to have. In two words, the hospital has been taken to him.

There's about to be another news outbreak from the Vatican any minute, or so the news say it appears to be: I'm right on it, and will keep everyone updated as far as the national news live information is concerned. Right now it's almost twenty to seven pm on friday evening, April 1, in Italy.

DC1

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Vatican statement/bulletin at 7 minutes to 7pm italian time: the Pope's conditions have worsened drastically and dramatically. Breathing is highly impaired, heart condition extreme. No good news at all.

Right now, everybody is literally going crazy over here.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Things don't look good at all for the Pope, I think it'd be a miracle if he makes it through another night. He's a good man and I hope he goes peacefully.

DC1

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
From the tension one can easily perceive even only through the TV, it is reputed highly unlikely for this to happen (resisting until tomorrow, that is).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join