It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU parliament votes to sanction Hungary and Poland in midst of Ukraine war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The title has been shortened to fit. So these two neighbor countries take in 1.6 million refugees from Ukraine and get sanctioned by the very own EU they belong to? Quite maddening isn't it as it was set up for this vote back in January 2022. So is the EU now setting up Poland and Hungary for a humanitarian disaster? So that guy Klaus Schwab has really played the EU hasen't he. Oh, on another sidebar Trumps Daughter Ivanka also grated from The World Economic Forum as a " young leader" as is Putin also. Hmm. Possibly Putin and Team Russia is really onto something.

This war has brought out the rats to the surface and everything now seems to be heading towards hell. On the topic of The New World Order, the question is that is Putin in on it or is he trying to stop it?

Ivanka Trump Advisor to the President

EU parliament votes to sanction Hungary and Poland in midst of Ukraine war — despite both countries welcoming 1.6 million refugees in a fortnight

Here's the Background:

E.U. Sanctions Hungary, Poland Despite Both Countries Welcoming 1.6 Million Refugees

BACKGROUND: In January 2021, the EU introduced the Rule of Law Conditionality Mechanism which provided a tool whereby the Commission could refuse to release EU funds to national governments who they considered to be in breach of the common rule of law, Remix notes. In essence, it means that if conservative countries dissent against the liberal European mainstream on how to govern — for example, Hungary’s passing of legislation which prohibited LGBT+ propaganda to be taught in schools or rejects mass immigration — the offending country could be refused access to European funds they are entitled to, Remix explains. Both Hungary and Poland, under their respective conservative-led governments, challenged the regulation in the European Court of Justice (ECJ), an appeal that was dismissed by the EU’s top court on Feb 16.

The European Parliament voted on Thursday morning in favor of imposing sanctions on Hungary and Poland, its two member states that have received the largest number of Ukrainian refugees following the invasion by Russia on Feb. 24. The EU legislative body supported the call for the European Commission to place immediate sanctions on the two countries by a vote of 478 to 155, despite the humanitarian crisis from the Russo-Ukrainian conflict spilling over into Hungarian and Polish territory. In a press release published shortly after Thursday’s vote, the European Parliament insisted it was “high time” for the European Commission to start taking steps to protect the EU budget from member states who ignore the bloc’s rule of law.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

EU parliament votes to sanction Hungary and Poland in midst of Ukraine war

Wait , what ?
The EU is sanctioning allies now ?
Sounds about right .

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

So is the EU now setting up Poland and Hungary for a humanitarian disaster?

The EU imposed the sanctions because Poland and Hungary weren't abiding by the rules of the European court , if you don't play by EU rules you don't get EU money.

If you want to play by your own rules then like the UK leave the EU ...Simple.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

This is really something isn't it.

Open borders for all others into Europe and a war breaks out and they hammer the "good" guys. So Russia Crimes Against Humanity? Seems to me that 100's of EU members who voted to sanction Hungary and Poland are at the head of the class.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   

It just shows how petty and pathetic these bureaucrats are. Or is it actually intentional to create as much chaos and hurt as possible?

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

So is the EU now setting up Poland and Hungary for a humanitarian disaster?

The EU imposed the sanctions because Poland and Hungary weren't abiding by the rules of the European court , if you don't play by EU rules you don't get EU money.

If you want to play by your own rules then like the UK leave the EU ...Simple.

I thought that tyranny is only in Russia.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Looking at what is happening in Europe today this could be a EU buster for Klaus and the EU. I have relatives in London, England and we were talking as far back as 2004 about a Global collapse as my relative said that the UK was in a mess economically.

Good for UK they withdrew from the EU. Once Russia take over Ukraine I wonder if they will discover true factual evidence on all the rest of the so called "free" world guys and gals set out to takeover all of humanity.

Especially on some guy named Hunter?

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: turretless

I thought that tyranny is only in Russia.

Tyranny is everywhere but Russia is leading the pack at the moment.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Or is it actually intentional to create as much chaos and hurt as possible?

I believe the latter but once the dominoes fall I cant see them recovering as there are 478 idiots to be removed

European Parliament votes 478 to 155 in favor of imposing sanctions on the two countries that have taken in the overwhelming majority of Ukrainian refugees.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Looking at what is happening in Europe today this could be a EU buster for Klaus and the EU. I have relatives in London, England and we were talking as far back as 2004 about a Global collapse as my relative said that the UK was in a mess economically.

Everywhere is in a mess economically due to the pandemic but the UK economy was recovering faster than the rest of Europe before the war and sanctions.

Good for UK they withdrew from the EU.

Agreed , I just hope we live long enough to fully see the benefits.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is what happens when you cede your sovereignty to a international body.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I would like to buy your tyranny-meter!

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Sanctioning allies because they had the nerve to protect their schoolchildren from the liberal lgbt agenda. Literally do as I say or I will take your money. I am so sick of the whole lgbtwhatever thing. I never used to care either way. It was none of my business. But now, after it being forced on young children, sorry, but now I care. And I will do whatever I can to stop it. If my respect, kindness and understanding is what you wanted, YOU FAILED.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

Opposition leader in prison.
Thousands of civilians arrested for protesting.
An unprovoked attack on a neighboring country.
Autocratic leadership.

No need for a meter , just open your eyes.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Gothmog

This is really something isn't it.

Open borders for all others into Europe and a war breaks out and they hammer the "good" guys. So Russia Crimes Against Humanity? Seems to me that 100's of EU members who voted to sanction Hungary and Poland are at the head of the class.

Germany "sanctioned" several countries in the lead up to '39

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

Opposition leader in prison.
Thousands of civilians arrested for protesting.
An unprovoked attack on a neighboring country.
Autocratic leadership.

No need for a meter , just open your eyes.

Would that be Poland or Hungary ?
If neither , that is off-topic .

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Literally do as I say or I will take your money.

Not quite , it's more "do as we say or you don't get our money".

They signed up to the EU court system when they joined so they knew they'd have to pay the piper if they didn't play the game.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Maybe the European Union is angry because Poland and Hungary won't send fighter jets to Ukraine to kill Russians?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I am really starting to get ticked off here. Millions of refugees who need food, shelter, clothing, medical supplies, basically everything to live and Hungary and Poland will be denied EU funds because they refuse to indoctrinate school children with gay/lesbian propaganda.

I have an idea... Why don't you shove that agenda up your arse and try to pretend that there are more important things going on in this world than the fact that you don't know what freaking gender you are!

It wasn't all that long ago that if an adult starting talking to someone else's child about sexual topics they would get the side-eye and never be trusted around children again. I think it should still be that way and I hope it comes back.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Best not to be a "Union" of anything. Sometimes just having 1 wife/husband is too many.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join