It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Trucker Convoy flops - who's to blame?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Yes, as case numbers have come down, restrictions have lifted (as they should.)

Tell that to the people who work under the thumb of the military and CMS.
Those vaccine restrictions are still there.

ETA
And as the world is not a stable place ATM, we could use those military people back on the job.
Seems like there is still a healthcare worker shortage.
SMH!!!!

edit on Tue Mar 1 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

ETA
And as the world is not a stable place ATM, we could use those military people back on the job.
Seems like there is still a healthcare worker shortage.
SMH!!!!

Nonsense.

Case numbers were already down in places that you repeatedly vilified for lifting restrictions before today's propaganda event, and they are still high in places where you just removed the stupid restrictions for that same propaganda event.

These illegal tyrannically enforced 'restrictions' and mandates, every single one of them, are now, and have always been, 100% democrat party propaganda BS.

Think I'm wrong?

I'm right here.

Go for it.

Show us your work.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I think you meant to quote or reply to Byrd?

Or am I missing something? The other poster doesn't sound like they support the restrictions...

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I would love to hear your origin story.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   
the trailers are full of CCP troops.

they were on cargo ships in pacific a few weeks ago. now they are being delivered to the capitol.

Trojan comdems, theres a joke in there somewhere

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyLurker
Trojan comdems, theres a joke in there somewhere

TeeHee. Yes.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Is that what they mean by "when the rubber hits the road" ?

Me so confused.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u
I am missing you point, seems you meant a different post?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Guys update on the People's convoy

It arrived to Indianapolis and is reported to be 70 miles long.

Soo is actually growing in size, wow.

www.redvoicemedia.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Federal employees.

As I understand it, truckers are independent contractors or (like my friend) work for a commercial trucking company and not the government.

Individual employers do have the right to mandate vaccines (for example, anyone who works in a hospital MUST have a number of vaccinations to protect them and their patients. Missionaries have to have certain vaccines or they can't travel.)

I hadn't heard about the truckers protesting vaccines for the military. As you probably know, the policy with the military for all vaccines is "take it or leave the service." We got vaccines every 3 years, and we kids were among the first to get the polio vaccine from Salk, back when it was being given on sugar cubes. The military doesn't want ranks full of very sick people.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Mandates are mandates.
They want them all gone.
They are all wrong.

Those vaxxes you got were not fast-tracked and fraught with side effects....or given for an illness with a less than 1% chance of killing the young and healthy in the military.
What does the military do when the common cold goes through it's ranks???????

Yeah, get the vax or ruin your career...some choice.
This is NOT polio, or TB.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Guys update on the People's convoy

It arrived to Indianapolis and is reported to be 70 miles long.

Soo is actually growing in size, wow.

www.redvoicemedia.com...

We're seeing two different narratives, then.

British newspapers report that it's 100 trucks and 8 miles long - the Springield paper reported it was 15 miles long but didn't count trucks (the paper seems very much in favor of the convoy, so I would think their numbers are probably right... or close.

Note that it's not an American paper reporting this. The American press isn't much interested in the People's Convoy, though it does get local coverage when it hits town. I watched video of some of it, but it was hard to tell who was in and who was out (unlike the Army convoys I remember as a child, which stretched for miles and miles. The olive drab vehicles easily defined who was in the convoy and who wasn't.)

Maybe that number you're seeing is trucks plus cars? Maybe they're counting the distance from the first vehicle to the last... but it's not solid convoy vehicles and the distance is due to people joining late or stopping for food, etc? I don't think it's a convoy as I remember it, of many many vehicles traveling in relatively close formation one after the other and almost no cars/other vehicles between them (getting around a convoy was a REAL headache.)

But (returning to the topic of this) they apparently are just barreling through and not getting permits or coordinating with local officials. Illinois seems to be annoyed with them (see first link) and Oklahoma had to shut down a highway for a bit after a few of them were involved in a crash. The group linked in my original post actually had done all the contacts and gotten everything nice and legal for a protest.

But it seems like their efforts were wasted or ignored.

Anyhoo... for whatever reason, they got almost zero response to the legally arranged demonstration and more response to the free-form rolling rally. It'll be interesting to see how many show up at the final stop of wherever the People's Convoy is headed.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

But it seems like their efforts were wasted or ignored.

You hit it Byrd.
The USA MSM ignores much of what doesn't fit "the narrative". OR they paint it in a negative light.
Surely, you've seen this over the years.
Depending on what party is in power.

But now, it has gotten to the point where only ONE side is presented.
Surely, you've seen the descent of the Free Press in the USA?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Mandates are mandates.
They want them all gone.
They are all wrong.

Those vaxxes you got were not fast-tracked and fraught with side effects....or given for an illness with a less than 1% chance of killing the young and healthy in the military.

That'd be polio. And yes, we got it when it was fresh and hadn't been tested on a lot of humans because there was an epidemic of polio.

Yeah, get the vax or ruin your career...some choice.
This is NOT polio, or TB.

Employers can mandate certain things, from health measures to education and more and workers are left with a choice to comply or leave employment. I know as of 40 years ago, physicians with certain board certifications had to have (mandated) a certain number of hours of "continuing education credit" each year or they'd be in danger of losing certification.

Employment mandates are hardly new. Vaccine mandates for employment aren't new, either (the hepatitis-C vaccines for health care workers are a good example.) And requirements for being vaccinated with a new vaccine that may have a bad outcome for some are also not new (smallpox vaccines, for instance.)

So the "shock and awe" here are kinda puzzling... people seem to be reacting as though this has never been required before.

BUT...that's way off topic. My question was "why didn't people support the legal demonstration"?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Probably because the vast majority of truckers are at work. Working. Not indulging in stupid conspiracy theories and having tantrums while looking for internet validation.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

In any case, the US group did get permits that the other US groups apparently haven't. While their activities are permitted protests and legal, the others may violate local ordinances.

You seem to be confused. Here in America, the Constitution secures our Right to both peacably assemble and petition our government for a redress of grievances.

No permits required.

So... are you confused? Just asking out of personal curiosity.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wisenox

I stopped following it right after they announced it. I posted my opinion, and ignored it. Had zero interest in ever seeing what it was doing.
I never thought it was smart.

Yeah... much smarter just to sit back and enjoy those chains...

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Anyone else notice the steep decline in Anti-Trudeau, anti-mask, anti-vaccination, pro-truckers posts since Russia pulled the plug on Facebook and Twitter?

I believe that is the answer to the question posed in the title; at least partially. Russia's propaganda arm has been severed.

Quite an interesting observation.

Maybe it would be... if it were true. Hint: it isn't.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

Russia makes mountains out of our molehills, under the guise of being random concerned American citizens. Their propaganda works; your reply to me is proof of it. You are beyond naive if you don't think Russia has a large scale disinformation campaign online targeted at sowing division in America. You eat their digital slop and they love it.

Your response is typically hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

You are actually making a self contradicting argument.

Why would Putin pull the plug on his bot-army sowing dissent in America?

Answer: he didn't, because he doesn't have one, and your assertion is false on its face.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Probably because the vast majority of truckers are at work. Working. Not indulging in stupid conspiracy theories and having tantrums while looking for internet validation.

Ouch, that really hurt

Hope you feelz better now.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join