It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiavo Suckers - You're On A List

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
OMFG! South Park is dealing with this issue....on right now.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Rant is that poster for real? I could not stop laughing about it, I tell you I wonder what the people around was thinking about that.

I guess they didn't even notice.

Marg. look at the woman in front of him with the puzzled look on her face

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I was surprised to find out that I too (a Libertarian) was a bleeding heart liberal.

Just because I thought my spouse should have the power to make those kind of decisions for me if I couldn't.

It really doesn't make you anything but smart if you have signed and authorized a legal instrument declaring that your wife should make medical decisions for you in the event of your incapacitation.

I am very surprised that this issue has become one of left and right, but there's no question that the "bleeding heart liberals" have been clamoring for this woman's homicide and shamelessly so. So, you really shouldn't get huffy when someone simply notes that those who call conservatives uncompassionate demonstrate such a lack of compassion and denigrate those who do.

I don't have much respect for those who break the law by trespassing or making threats against others in this matter and even less for those who involve their children, but most of the people there are simply exercising their constitutional rights and it is not funny when a couple of goofballs show up with signs calling them idiots. It's childish, insensitive and inconsiderate. Too bad there isn't a global ignore in real life.

[edit on 05/3/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Gazrok I just saw the episode too, I tell you they actually make a nice point with it

The forces of good versus evil, I think it was more of a statement than a joke.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's really sad to see a bunch of people defending forced euthanasia simply because it's not what the Republicans wanted.

It is, indeed, extremely sad.

The posts here... the ones that are chaffing to destroy the pro-life movement... are filled with venom and bitterness. We have, in this case, a situation where a woman is being starved to death because some people have made an arbitrary decision to end a life because they feel that it has lost value. We have a situation where judges -- over the family of the victim's objections -- have decided that a woman's life is not valuable and that she should be starved to death.... and some people here are so fanatically devoted to the pro-abortion side of the coin that they cannot bring themselves to realize that this family is clearly in the right.

And... yes... right now the polls are supporting the starvation of Terri. Keep in mind, though, that the american public is poorly informed about this and that many americans have been misled into thinking that terri's family wants her to be starved.

Again, to be clear: Many of the polls you've seen are misleading because either the public is misinformed or because the polling question was biased. So, for all those who think that forced euthanasia is mainstream... guess what... when terri dies and the public has months to realize that they executed a disabled person for the sake of the angry pro-choice agenda your current joy at her starvation will turn into sorrow as you see a moral backlash to the policies of forced euthanasia, eugenics, cloning, and abortion.

Laugh all you want. You're on the losing side of history. You're on the side of the Nazi doctors and the Gulags. You're on the side of forced euthanasia. You're on the side of eugenics. You're on the side of cloning and abortion.

Laugh now because you will lose in the end.

And, to FredT, I hate to break it to you but the GOP without the pro-life movement is just a bunch of geeks playing stratego in their mom's basement. You can't base a political party on dropping marines on oil refineries alone.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
It's really sad to see a bunch of people defending forced euthanasia simply because it's not what the Republicans wanted.

Oh is that what's happening? Are you sure?

It is, indeed, extremely sad.

Then to paraphrase: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Laugh now because you will lose in the end.

Planning a post rapture victory celebration are we? I thought to "win" you had to "lose." Shouldn't you theocrats be cheering in the streets for more sin in the world to bring on the Sky Taxi? Seriously, how can humanity possibly reach a fever-pitch of total abandonment to sin with you moral authoritarians around? You know, Jesus would have been here by now if you'd let gays marry, but nooooooooooooo.

And, to FredT, I hate to break it to you but the GOP without the pro-life movement is just a bunch of geeks playing stratego in their mom's basement. You can't base a political party on dropping marines on oil refineries alone.

Isn't that like saying the extremist Christian fundamentalists would just be a bunch of loonies on the street corner screaming "the end is near" without the GOP? You can't base a religion on a political movement either.

Well, you can. It's called a theocracy. But we invade and liberate those in case you hadn't noticed.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Please spare me with out the moderates in the party, the GOP looks like a meeting of the Moral Majority (which is neither). The GOP without the religious extremists "pro lifers"? Quite possible un-stoppable. What are you counter say a McCain/Powell ticket with? :shk:

Crossover appeal *Cough Reagan* who payed mere lip-service to the religious extremist clowns but in practice was much more pragmatic.

Stretego is cool, but my crowd played Traveler (Kind of a high tech D&D)

PS Im from California and we by and large do not have basements

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It really doesn't make you anything but smart if you have signed and authorized a legal instrument declaring that your wife should make medical decisions for you in the event of your incapacitation.

I do......now. Up till now I had thought it would have been a given, my wife and my kids know how I feel about it. But that was before congress thought they could wrangle a few votes out of this families suffering.

I am very surprised that this issue has become one of left and right, but there's no question that the "bleeding heart liberals" have been clamoring for this woman's homicide and shamelessly so.

I must have missed the huge crowd outside chanting "DIE DIE DIE" what channel was it on? I guess the Republicans aren't milking this for everything they can get? Or were until their hypocrisy was brought to light and they discovered, to their shock, most of America thought they should STAY THE HELL OUT OF IT. I wonder how many people have had feeding tubes pulled during the time this has been on the news? Hell Bush signed a law where they could do it AGAINST the families wishes. Half of them have done the SAME THING in their family. I wonder if they would have liked a screaming mob howling for their blood outside the Hospital? I wonder if they would have liked to be painted as a murderer and abuser of the loved one they had to let go?

None of these people, Republican or Democrat, give a # about this poor woman or her poor parents OR poor husband. The sad part of this story is IMO there ARE no villains except those vultures that descended on this story in hopes of picking up a few votes, then ran away just as quickly when it backfired.

If I am ever in that shape I hope some one "murders" me (I have made sure of it) and I damn sure don't want a bunch of lying, thieving, hypocrites using my death and my families pain as a grab for votes.

I damn sure would not want to see my wife accused of every crime they could dream up, to be treated like some twisted evil creature, have those good people try to hire people to KILL her, for her caring out my wishes.

A few weeks ago it would have just been her word as to what I wanted and I thought killing me would be hard enough without all the "kindness" they have shown him. I wouldnt want people outside my room calling her a murderer and turning my death into a freaking circus. I wouldnt want her to have to face ALL THAT just because I didnt want to live as a vegatable.

So, you really shouldn't get huffy when someone simply notes that those who call conservatives uncompassionate demonstrate such a lack of compassion and denigrate those who do.

NEITHER side is being compassionite. If they were they would trying to comfort BOTH parties in this time of saddness instead of blaring it hourly accross nationwide TV. If they were trying to be compassionite they would have passed laws where a shot could be administered to allow her to quickly pass over.

I don't have much respect for those who break the law by trespassing or making threats against others in this matter and even less for those who involve their children, but most of the people there are simply exercising their constitutional rights and it is not funny when a couple of goofballs show up with signs calling them idiots.

Agree. It might also be nice for them to allow her to die without a three ring circus on the front lawn too.

It's childish, insensitive and inconsiderate. Too bad there isn't a global ignore in real life.

Almost as bad as those trying to make a few votes or a few bucks or get a little air time for their agenda from it.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am going to add here that the republican party has been hijacked by religious fundamentalist, and they better get a grip of their party of is going to become the party of the religious extremist instead of the Christian conservatives.

Mark my words.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It's not like you weren't warned: Christian Right Literally "Cashing In" On Schiavo Suffering

The latest development (from New York Times):
WASHINGTON, March 28 - The parents of Terri Schiavo have authorized a conservative direct-mailing firm to sell a list of their financial supporters, making it likely that thousands of strangers moved by her plight will receive a steady stream of solicitations from anti-abortion and conservative groups.

It's sick. The so-called Christians/Christian Right in this country are making Christianity and its true adherents look so disgusting its unbelievable. As my friend likes to say, "God, save me from your followers!"

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I could make the joke of, "I'm glad to see how people hone their sign-making skills in between wrestling events." But, I am too classy to say something like that. Instead, I will just note that I am staying out of this...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Dear all those on the Christian Right,

Terry was going to die anyway.

I mean I know you subscribe to some eternal life fantasy for her were it not for the removal of the ARTIFICIAL feeding tube. However, let me be the first to burst that little bubble of yours.

POP!!!!

Now that we are back to reality if you read your Bible a bit more carefully I think you will find you have a lot less time to bother those of us trying to evolve ideas and make life better for all.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
karma is a bi$% aint it...

Thats what you get for feeding the propaganda machine.
Congratulations you've helped advance our descent into fascism.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by benign]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Benign,

Can you be more clear on the meaning of your last post? So that the rest of us can respond to it appropriately.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It would have been more humane to put a bullet into her head, but that would have been seen as barbaric. This country is ass-backwards...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Thorfinn,

I would be interested in hearing in a little bit more detail why you think this is barbaric?

Cheers

BHR

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join