It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiavo Suckers - You're On A List

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
id rather be a "dumb Bush supporter redneck", a than a sad " save the dolphins, shoot the geese for votes, Free the children in Chinese orphanages, abort babies... Free child molesters ..Starve comatose patients Liberal"

[edit on 30-3-2005 by BaastetNoir]

I think you have been reading to much "Satan Rapture", "for what your signature say", this thread is about profiting from the pain and death, and the generosity of others, some has made it an issue but it was not the "liberals"

Actually conservative groups are cashing in it.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Hmmnn,

So it's ok for MoveOn.org and groups like that to create mailing lists and use marketing techniques but it's not ok for conservative groups to do the same???

OH, they do. They do.

I voted Republican in the first Bush Presidential primary so I could vote AGAINST Bush and FOR his Republican opponent. Ever since then, I have been on *every* Republican sucker list in the country. I have written and asked to be taken off, and I've written and told them I resigned from the Republican party. No luck.

Now... MoveOn.org ASKS if you want to be on a mailing list. You can tell them "go away" and they will go away. They haven't given my email to anyone else (that mail goes to a Gmail account where nothing else goes.

If I'd emailed MoveOn and then they started giving out my address to TreeHuggers.NGO and ParentsForPlanking and the Democratic Party, THEN I would have a problem with them, too.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Rant:

Your "straw man," argument has nothing to do with the relevant issues in the Terri Shaivo-Schindler case whatsoever. What is your point exactly, to polarize and distract everyone, and to demean people of sincere beliefs? Why don't you come out and say you favor the same kind of euthanasia position as the New York Times anyway.

We are in a world of disinformation here, with agendas making far more money from things like insurance fraud, than any email list would make in ten thousand years. Just what are you talking about anyway? Golly have a talk with Simon Gray about the black band over the Abovetopsecret logo, and why he is saying what he is saying about our internet site here.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

id rather be a "dumb Bush supporter redneck", a than a sad " save the dolphins, shoot the geese for votes, Free the children in Chinese orphanages, abort babies... Free child molesters ..Starve comatose patients Liberal"

[edit on 30-3-2005 by BaastetNoir]

I think you have been reading to much "Satan Rapture", "for what your signature say", this thread is about profiting from the pain and death, and the generosity of others, some has made it an issue but it was not the "liberals"

Actually conservative groups are cashing in it.

seems like i put a rock on someoen shoe... oh well...it happens...
liberals do PROFIT form all the abortions they support .............

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

edit on 30-3-2005 by BaastetNoir

seems like i put a rock on someoen shoe... oh well...it happens...
liberals do PROFIT form all the abortions they support .............

Well, well, well, kind of very strong statement there, you been bad.......very bad...........

And then again, I have not stone on my expensive and very cute shoe here.

But I will have to add, "what do you get, when you play around with fundamentalist extremist for votes?" well you have to pay back one way or another.

I think the conservative party is having a hard time shaking off their groupies now that the American people has shown that when it comes with personal matters and choices they want the government and the fundamentalist extremist out of their business.

Now where are the Democrats? well they either chicken out or they are waiting for the right moment to strike.

We will wait and see.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Man, enough is enough. Just let the woman die with some dignity!!! Most expert doctors I've seen on TV and some of my friends who are doctors have all said that she was dying long before all of this happened. Force feeding her was artifficially keeping her alive. She cannot come back to a normal life, her parents are soo desperate to keep their daughter that they're willing to make her suffer more than she is now in order to have their daughter around. It's sad and understandable, but what is best for Terri??? Keeping her alive in a pure vegetative state for the rest of her life or allowing her to move on to the next great adventure in life where she is free to do as she wills.

This whole thing has to stop. It's getting ridiculous and is only making all these religious groups look more and more hypocritical.

It really does make me sick when I see the circus that has errupted. Let her die with dignity, I don't know her but I'm pretty sure this isn't what she would want.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was going to keep my mouth shut on this issue but before It get's to out of hand if this link has not been posted yet I will point it out.

Florida law mirror's to a great degree what the texas law say's when it come's to your medical care in a hospital.

The fact's dealing in this case is neither jeb bush nor george bush had the authority to attempt to make a intervention on her behalf because several parts of the law prevent it for one.

For two. Despite what bush and other's may think one thing they cannot do is attempt to create what is known as expo facto law. They are not allowed in otherwords to attempt to overstep there powers that are "granted to them" that's the key.

You see the reason why the Federal Court could not rule on the case is simple the judge in the federal court knew his oath and more over he also knew he cannot make or attempt to make "expo facto law".

It deal's with a tricky complex falling apart justice system but there are some thing's the courts cannot do no matter what they might want to.

Here is the law George W. Bush passed dealing with the health and safety coad when he was down in texas before, taking over as the president of the united states.

www.capitol.state.tx.us...

The law contained there is a large violation of the U.S. Coad of Ethics on nearly every front. That above link which is law in the state of texas mirror's close to what ashcroft did with the patroit act.

You see if the federal judge for instance would have made a ruling in this case on terri's behalf. It would have allowed the kind of law you see in the link above to be used in any state for instance.

As well as alot of other legal nightmares would have developed from it as well.

Florida has nearly the same kind of law when it come's to the health and safety coad. Now the cops down in florida are not to blame for upholding the law. And niether are the judges or the people that tried to argue the case on either side of this issue.

Where the blame lies in this case is in 3 places, the premoter's of the provision's in the health and safety coad for the state of florida which evently created the law that is now law in the state of florida and else where, two the legislature for not reading the bill they were going to make into law at the time, and finally the people in florida who if they were more involved in knowing how there law's were made they would not be complaining about this case and insead would be pushing for legal reform and knowing the process in which to go about it.

I am sure other ats user's can easily find the health and safety coad for the state of florida and more then likely we will find that no law has been broken but that the law's are being upheld.

Now I am not saying what is happening to this women is right but all of this come's down to the legality of the law. And if the law is going to be upheld. The cop's in florida are not breaking the law right now they are obeying it.

The protester's are not breaking the law either but they had better do a little reading on the law's in there state.

But if you really get down and think about the case itself the media screwed up in this case by even reporting on it.

Because once people start reading for instance the health and safety coad's for there state's they are going to find out that once they enter into for instance a hosiptial they have no right's period.

Secondly this case show's two thing's at least that is being protrayed to the people that are watching it that I can see.

Number one if you are a person in the united states you have the right to suffer and die.

Number two if you are a person in the united states you have no right to decide your own fate.

These two are basic at this time but more over this would not have been ran in the news unless there was a agenda behind it. And that's the key to look at.

What is and or how many possible agenda's are people in washington going to be able to use this case for and for what and how many purpose's.

That is what to look at when it comes to this case because either way several thing's have happened as a result of the premotion of this case.

It has polorised the right to life movement, and it makes it look at least on the surface that bush tried to do something about it.

One of the thing's I think the reason this case was attempted to be used is so that later people in washington could say something like, well we could not do anything for terri because for instance there were consitutional laws that forbid it.

That would more then likely be a excuse for justifiying alturing or changing the consitution. That could be the motive behind the premotion of this case but I am sure there is more then one motive besides that one.

Just my two cent's for now.

Falcon

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Falcon outstanding post,

Sometimes things has to be spell out and written down so people can understand why things are happening.

But as you may have discovered so far some still will disregard that every explanatory post and keep on bashing in the name of Terri's right to live.

Because is not about Terri after all.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon
For two. Despite what bush and other's may think one thing they cannot do is attempt to create what is known as expo facto law. They are not allowed in otherwords to attempt to overstep there powers that are "granted to them" that's the key.

For one, it's "ex post facto."

For two, to call people who were scammed because of their compassion with regard to Terri Schiavo and her condition "Schiavo suckers" goes a long way toward exposing the truth about "bleeding heart liberals."

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Now where are the Democrats? well they either chicken
out or they are waiting for the right moment to strike.

You forgot the third, and favorite option of the
radical left - appeasement. I'd look for that
from them.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Heh heh heh,

The hunters have now become the hunted. Wonder if these "pro Lifers" will appreciate Operation Rescue like tactics in thier front yard. Protests, signs showing they support murderers and terrorist, etc etc etc.

Perhpas its time for the pro choice movement to get a little payback

I will check this out, if the list includes addresses I may do bit of shopping

[edit on 3/30/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Heh heh heh,

The hunters have now become the hunted.

How does it feel FredT to have joined the "radical left" and "bleeding heart liberals" (as cited in last two posts) from your viewpoint in the dead center of mainstream America? Imagine a couple of moderate like us... one Republican, one Democrat... radicals!

Maybe my buddy Chuck here is...

Or maybe he's just the only person there that's not on the fringes of society calling everyone else names.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
So it's ok for MoveOn.org and groups like that to create mailing lists and use marketing techniques but it's not ok for conservative groups to do the same???

If you consider the cause that the Schindler family and MoveOn.org are representing to be similar in nature, then I think that the indoctrination is complete. Even though Tom DeLay says otherwise, Terri Schiavo is a person, not a political cause.....

Look, donating to a political action group is one thing--you know what you are getting in to. Whether it is MoveOn.Org or Club For Growth--these people are going to hit you up again and again for cash and if you let them, they will pimp you out to their friends. Peddling influence is the basic premise of politics...

But this is a little crass, no? Using this woman's death as a means to promote conservative political causes---right?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by 00PS
OMG!!

Schindler's List

PART II

I'm going to be angry at myself all day for not thinking of that for a title.

I have to admit once I read that line I was LMAO big time. It was a great line

Also would have made a great title

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

How does it feel FredT to have joined the "radical left" and "bleeding heart liberals" (as cited in last two posts) from your viewpoint in the dead center of mainstream America? Imagine a couple of moderate like us... one Republican, one Democrat... radicals!

The Pic is great
I love the look on the woman in front of him who is holding to poster comparing Micheal Schiavo to OJ and Peterson.

Okay just for those keeping score at home: In the past few weeks I have been stuck with this combo label:

Right wing neocon with left radical "save the dolphin's with my bleeding heart", should stick to quoting yahoo news and not the bible Republican In Name Only. Phew or as we say around the house RWNLRSTDBHYNBRINO.

I wonder If I can for my own party

AT any rate, I fear that some have gone so far to the right that a GPS receiver would be of no assistance in even getting remotely in sight of the middle.

[edit on 3/30/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I was surprised to find out that I too (a Libertarian) was a bleeding heart liberal.

Just because I thought my spouse should have the power to make those kind of decisions for me if I couldnt.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Rant is that poster for real? I could not stop laughing about it, I tell you I wonder what the people around was thinking about that.

I guess they didn't even notice.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The one thing i really dislike about this board, are its politics.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia

I don't think politics likes you either. Politics told me so. It was in strict confidence, but I feel like I can trust you enough to confide in you. Politics doesn't like you, and television isn't so crazy about you either.

You see, sometimes Mommies and Daddies fight. While that doesn't mean that they don't love you anymore, it does mean that you did something wrong to make Daddy cry.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735

Originally posted by paranoia

I don't think politics likes you either. Politics told me so. It was in strict confidence, but I feel like I can trust you enough to confide in you. Politics doesn't like you, and television isn't so crazy about you either.

Whatever, brimstone. Politics said it didn't like paranoia to all of us. It started a thread talking about how much it disliked paranoia and that's when the TV chimed in, too. I tried to defend ya, paranoia, but my boss walked in and wondered why I made our software so multi-colored so I couldn't.

Daddy's still crying, though. What did you do to make him so sad? Dang!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join