It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't bellieve I am asking this, but... help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Looks like their prices are about in line with other battery suppliers I have seen: prices as in, $5-$15 per battery. I took a look at one item, 8 Samsung 3Ah batteries for $50, and the first review was happy that they arrived in 26 days! That doesn't give me confidence to be honest. Have you actually dealt with these folks? If so, how fast was their shipping?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Will this eventually have a chain gun? If no, why not?

No, because it would be too heavy and cumbersome (21st century to Augustus; come in Augustus). But it will have weapons capability.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ok, as long as it has a weapon. Can you also make it dance like that Boston Dynamics robot? It would be pretty funny to be shot at by a dancing robot...

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

batteryjunction.com seems to have a problem with stock. The first several items I looked at were out of stock.

18650batterystore.com looks a little better, though... thanks!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nealjt

Eh, would rather play proctologist to a skunk than use FB... only in an emergency!

But thanks anyway.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

Ultrafire? I have looked at some of the reviews on those, and you're the first report I have seen of them working anywhere near stated capacity.

I went to their website, though, and they warn about using "non-genuine" Ultrafire batteries... not sure what's going on there.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   
For those who are interested in what I am building...

The idea is to make a robotic creature that moves and reacts in a more organic fashion to stimuli than the toys Boston Dynamics are playing with. I'm basing the intelligence off layers of individual and group intelligence like that exhibited in certain species of insects, with a limited amount of built-in problem-solving ability, and the whole thing is actually modeled from a cross between a spider and a cockroach. Useful but limited alone, yet almost unlimited in use and intelligent in numbers. Also, I want it pretty much self-sufficient... one of those times when solar energy will be perfect for the task.

As for the rumors the GUT is trying to spread, I can neither confirm nor deny any information concerning the whereabouts of my shop, any relationship to any Transylvanian personality living, dead, or otherwise, any special access to facilities, or even the rumor that I refused to grant those facilities special access to my shop.

Especially that last part.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Dancing? Maybe after the first test, where I just want to take over New Jersey and turn it into a nuclear waste dump site showcase it in a New Jersey expo.. yeah, that's it... showcase. Noting insidious, of course. No worries. Trust me.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Sounds interesting.

You wrote your own algorithms/AI? Or is it that far yet?

Where did you source the data set? Or will it (they) learn and build its own as it goes?

I'm fascinated the you're using an Rpi for this...I wouldn't think the Arduino OR the Pico could handle the data needs...would have thought a 3+ at least.

Neat.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I'm still developing the algorithms. The basic idea behind the layered intelligence is that developments that occur during operation are resolved at the lowest level possible. For instance, each joint (freedom of direction) has a hardware controller tied to the most important sensors which operates at a very simplistic level, but also returns data back to the next level (the leg controller). That level is software-driven, to make sure each leg operates in a manner needed to maintain support over uneven terrain while providing the needed force to move the body. The leg controller communicates information back to the motion controller, which monitors leg positions and adjusts to make the entire assembly move. That will then be tied back to the master controller, which will take instructions as to the mission of the robot, combine that data with information from the motion controller, sensory inputs, and any tools being used to determine what actions are to be taken.

In other words, let's assume the master controller determines the bot must move in the direction of a landmark that is visible. It will send the needed signals to the leg controllers to orient the bot in the proper direction. Each leg controller will receive a signal for how it is to move individually and send data to each joint to coordinate their movements. If anything unexpected is encountered, such as rough terrain, the joint controller affected will sense the problem and report it to the leg controller, which will then adjust the needed parameters for the other joints to compensate if possible. If not possible, the motion controller will instruct the legs to adjust so the issue can be handled - perhaps the body can be lowered to the ground or raised higher. If the motion controller can't resolve the problem, it instructs the master controller to consider options to still accomplish the goal - maybe move to the side and try again, or back up to clear an obstacle and adjust the path.

And of course, in multiple bot operations, each bot has communication ability with all other bots, including one that acts as a mission controller. That's where the group intelligence comes in. Unlike most present assemblies, these will have the ability to change communication frequency as well, to prevent either natural or artificial noise from jamming their signals. All communication will also be as hacker-proof as possible, with several layers of security protocol built into all messages.

It's a pretty ambitious project, but as we venture farther and farther into space, we need bots that can solve issues and allow the mission to proceed, even if with reduced abilities, even when one or more are damaged. Present operations rely on a single unit; if it is damaged irreparably, the mission is over. With an army of, say, 100 smaller bots, if 50 are damaged, the mission still can proceed at 50% efficiency. The ability to simply navigate autonomously means the speed of the mission will be increased dramatically, as the need for constant verification of all successful maneuvers is negated.

The leg design is critical for this methodology. My leg design allows for different leg configurations to be used to accomplish the same goals, some providing more stability, others providing more pulling power, still others providing for higher or lower ground clearance. The purpose of the finished leg (with all 5 degrees of freedom) will be first to record various configurations to accomplish individual foot movements, so they can be analyzed and turned into complex motion algorithms based on need. the devices will also need to have the ability to function with damaged legs... if one is damaged, it should still be able to limp along with the remaining 5.

That's a very simplified explanation of the operation, but hopefully it will answer your question. My long term goal at this time is to develop a unit that has all the needed capability, so the project can move into someone's hands who is more software based than I. I can't live forever, you know.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

First, thanks for the description and answering my question,

Second, yea, way over my head (hardware wise), lol.

I've played around with AI and stuff, but only on the software side.

I like the spread spectrum frequency idea for security, more should protect their comms with good practice like that, but it's rarely used in that context.

K, yea, don't use the neighbours as test targets....or if you do, please post about it...

edit on 1/21/2022 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yes fair play ! 😎 re fast tech from other poster I’ve brought from them a few times shipping to uk has been a few weeks generally and what I brought was as described, but they openly sell knock offs so I’m not too sure on battery quality.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

This is a site that has collated the battery test data by mooch (no proctologists or faceache needed)

moochreviews.com...

I’m not like a crazy mooch fanboy! he just seems to know his stuff when it comes to batteries and if the world is going to be overrun by spider cockroaches I’d like to think I helped in any small way 😎😎

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1   >>

join