It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End is Near! Repent!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ok, folks, this is it! A sure sign the apocalypse is here! JEssy Jackson and Sean Hannity are not only on the same side of an issue, but are actually working together! WOAH! WHAT IS GOING ON?!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I appreciate the humor, but this is no joke. I beleive we live in the end times. We live in a dark, hateful world. It is turely sad.
THe world is like, like...
Like the tears that cloud my vision,
I cry because i can not see.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
While I understand your sentiments, Tom, I personally am not ready to say so. The world is really screwed up, and there is much evil in it, true. However, there have been people believing it is the end times since the days of Nero. As the Bible says, it will come like a thief in the night, and we will not know the time.

We see so many signs these days that the end is near. There's suffering in so many countries, crime everywhere, a concerted effort to remove people's right to worship God, and a developing culture of death. The world is a really scarey place right now, everywhere you look there's doom and gloom. If you look back to the 50s, or even the 1800s, it didn't seem to be quite as prevelant.

There is one factor, though, that I haven't seen factored into people's belief that this is the end. Due to current technology, we can know what's going on in Africa, North Korea, the Sudan, etc. It used to be you could commit an atrocity without anyone ever knowing about it, or if they did find out, it was years after the fact. Now that the travel time of information from Europe to America has changed from 3 months to seconds, and because the media gets better ratings reporting doom and gloom instead of happy and inspirational stuff, it really looks like there is no hope for this world.

First, I want to say, live the next 5 minutes like these are your last 5 minutes (thanks, SCC), because they could be. Live life like the end is neigh; live life for God. However, have hope, too. Even if these are the end times, do you realize what that means? When it's done, Christ is going to be back on this planet, making life GREAT!

(Now to make a couple of comments that will lead to me being
, but what do I care, I don't live my life to be seen as acceptable to the people who post with me in the internet community I have made myself a part of) If you truely think we are living in the end times, bring as many people to Christ as you can before it's too late! For those who reject you, walk away with a prayer to God that He bring someone into their lives who can reach them (you'd be surprised, sometimes that prayer is answered in such a way that you find you're the person who can reach them, though you don't understand how!) Those who reject you, tell them about the rapture. I make sure to tell people that, if I and several other people just up and vanish, or are somehow removed from society in an inexplicable manner, ignore the media because the Bible already says what caused it, and you're telling them well before the incident. That way, when people are saying all the Christians have been abducted by aliens or something, that person will remember that you told them this was going to happen, and they can become an end times soldier, if they believe.

Don't weep for the future, Rejoyce for it, as it is God's will. Put on your Armor and fight for Christ until you're taken to His kingdom. It is, after all, the Great Commission. The end may be near, it may not be. However, even if it's not, how could it hurt to bring someone to Christ, and let them see how light life's burdens become, let them feel Christ take them in His arms. Let them feel the joy, let them finally be free, and rejoyce.

As to Hannity and Jackson getting together on an issue, it's not a sign of the end times, but rather a sign that Jessy Jackson stands for what he believes in instead of what serves the Democratic party best. I have a lot more respect for the man, his opinion just became a valid one to me, since I have finally seen a second dimension to the man I didn't think existed.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The bible also says that in the end times people will be lazy. Look around jake, i think that it is the end times. Not that i am a bible scholar or anything.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
The bible also says that in the end times people will be lazy. Look around jake, i think that it is the end times. Not that i am a bible scholar or anything.

I definately see the signs you're talking about. Quite honestly, the night we started the bombing campaign on Iraq, an entire scenario played out in my mind of that being the very beginning of the end. That scenario didn't come to pass, but it could be the beginning of the end. We just liberated Iraq, and have started it on a course that could result in it becoming an economic powerhouse. Babylon will rise again.

As I have said, I don't dismiss it, it could be very true that we are living in the end times. However, I don't sweat it. If I would behave any differently if it were the end times than I would normally behave, I have a problem. I will do all I can do, which is God's will. I will share the Gospel every opportunity I have, and I will pray that God open people's hearts to His Word. You and I can do nothing to prevent the apocalypse, all we can do is bring as many people with us as is possible, though the Holy Spirit.

That's why I don't really sweat the end times. The Left Behind series of books played a key role in my conversion, but now the end isn't as important to me as it was when I was in rebellion. I am not discounting what you're saying, and I believe you may be right. However, dwelling on the end will prevent me from focusing on today and what I could be doing to serve the kingdom here, now. I do see signs all over the place that it's coming, though. A time frame was never established in the Bible, though, except for after it's already begun. Babylon could rise, Israel could be attacked unsuccessfully by an army from the north (Syria several decades ago with Egypt?), etc. and we could still have 300 years before the trumpets are sounded. We don't know, only God does. It could be that the very second Babylon eclipses New York in financial power the first trumpet is sounded. It could also be 10,000 years later. God's a lot more patient than we are.

Again, I just want to reiterate, I'm not discounting what you're saying. I definately see where you're coming from and come from there, too, to a degree. I'm just not too worried about it; God is good

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is the end, and I knew when I saw their vid for the first time in it's entirity "Quit Play Games(with my heart)". I think they could be the false teachers, simply b/c none of them have admitted to having a "spiritual rebirth" so I'm worried about how many other fans they influence. And don't get me started on the NWO. Plus, I pray at least every night, if not the morning after.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Oh I am so scared. Oh..... oh....:bash:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
While I understand your sentiments, Tom, I personally am not ready to say so. The world is really screwed up, and there is much evil in it, true. However, there have been people believing it is the end times since the days of Nero. As the Bible says, it will come like a thief in the night, and we will not know the time.

Agreed. To say your corporal mismanagement (finite term) in this life dictates your pleasure or pain in the "next life" ( infinite term), has been a tactic of the various crowd control systems (Religion) since humans formed collective groups.

We see so many signs these days that the end is near. There's suffering in so many countries, crime everywhere, a concerted effort to remove people's right to worship God, and a developing culture of death. The world is a really scarey place right now, everywhere you look there's doom and gloom. If you look back to the 50s, or even the 1800s, it didn't seem to be quite as prevelant.

Agreed Again. A broad brush stroke covers all potential outcomes. Meaning, since religion is a creation by man for man, fallibility is built in, so lots o signs are needed....one of 'em gonna be RIGHT!!

We do have a World power imposing it's will & the "Christian Values" which lead to wholesale death, destruction and manipulation of "votes" contrary to the will of the people native, thus denying them their religious freedoms. Domestically, we have those same "values" attempting to re-write the charters of our country, in order to serve their agenda & the exclusions of all other "faiths".
There is no greater culture of death "machine" than an undefeatable army lead by a unilateral religious vision.

There is one factor, though, that I haven't seen factored into people's belief that this is the end. Due to current technology, we can know what's going on in Africa, North Korea, the Sudan, etc. It used to be you could commit an atrocity without anyone ever knowing about it, or if they did find out, it was years after the fact. Now that the travel time of information from Europe to America has changed from 3 months to seconds, and because the media gets better ratings reporting doom and gloom instead of happy and inspirational stuff, it really looks like there is no hope for this world.

Agreed again my man!
But that "media" fails to report those same atrocities in any way of meaning or use; that despot who went on a tribal genocide spree was put into power with backing of a certain Yankee government because the corporate interests of conglomerates near & dear to the executive branch ( former CEO's of those companies, don't you know! ) needed to be served.
That same "media" also fails to report the economic/class Darwinism being practiced & positioned against that very same "fellow man" to which the Christian Values team purportedly supports. There are countless infractions that go unreported in a quid pro quo willful dumbing down of the citizenry....but we know the hell out of when two fags want to marry or when a vegetable is going to be harvested into the afterlife, no?

First, I want to say, live the next 5 minutes like these are your last 5 minutes (thanks, SCC), because they could be. Live life like the end is neigh; live life for God. However, have hope, too. Even if these are the end times, do you realize what that means? When it's done, Christ is going to be back on this planet, making life GREAT!

Almost completely agree! Carpe Diem should be tattoed on all our foreheads at birth. But betterment of man is by man; if "living for God" was applied universally as a standard, we'd have even more death & destruction than we do now!!
I happen to believe in reincarnation, so yes, Jesus of Nazereth will or has "come back" already, t ono earth shaking effect, me thinks, unless he was Pasture, Churchill or Ghandi or some other figure.

(Now to make a couple of comments that will lead to me being
, but what do I care, I don't live my life to be seen as acceptable to the people who post with me in the internet community I have made myself a part of

That's what I like about you , my freind!
we have somethings in common!

) If you truely think we are living in the end times, bring as many people to Christ as you can before it's too late! For those who reject you, walk away with a prayer to God that He bring someone into their lives who can reach them (you'd be surprised, sometimes that prayer is answered in such a way that you find you're the person who can reach them, though you don't understand how!) Those who reject you, tell them about the rapture. I make sure to tell people that, if I and several other people just up and vanish, or are somehow removed from society in an inexplicable manner, ignore the media because the Bible already says what caused it, and you're telling them well before the incident. That way, when people are saying all the Christians have been abducted by aliens or something, that person will remember that you told them this was going to happen, and they can become an end times soldier, if they believe.

This is where we part company! Again - back to Jesus: great philosopher, great thinker, great leader and a model to be patterned after, but most importantly, he was a great MAN. That a cult grew into prominence after him had everything to do with human avarice & political expediency ....not unsubstantiated magical happenings.
Thinking that you're going to be whisked away to NeverNeverland because of your cultist beliefs is no way to live a life. That last bit of advice is going to really suck if you're out hiking and fall into a crevice and break your legs! "Can't find Jake!?! It's true!! RAAAAPTTTTUUURRRRE!!" Good song by Blondie, though!

Don't weep for the future, Rejoyce for it, as it is God's will. Put on your Armor and fight for Christ until you're taken to His kingdom. It is, after all, the Great Commission. The end may be near, it may not be. However, even if it's not, how could it hurt to bring someone to Christ, and let them see how light life's burdens become, let them feel Christ take them in His arms. Let them feel the joy, let them finally be free, and rejoyce.

As to Hannity and Jackson getting together on an issue, it's not a sign of the end times, but rather a sign that Jessy Jackson stands for what he believes in instead of what serves the Democratic party best. I have a lot more respect for the man, his opinion just became a valid one to me, since I have finally seen a second dimension to the man I didn't think existed.

Disagree ( it had to happen sometime, bud!) Don't ascribe a crowd control dogma ( religion) to following a sound humanatarian perspective in your life; the un-bastardized root of all religions has that as it's core, that's what hooks people.
Jackson lost a measure of my respect, go figure!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
the lazy will all of a sudden controle the fate of the world.I mean i haven't cleaned my room in a week,i guess i'm more powerful than my mom because she thinks i'll never amount to anything

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
why is it so important for people who dont believe in the apocalypse to try to disprove it ?? i mean if you dont believe it , move on with your lives, no need for mockeries right ??? noone likes to be mocked, so why mock other peoples belief ?? when the Apocalypse doesnt happen you can always say "i told you so..."

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
why is it so important for people who dont believe in the apocalypse to try to disprove it ?? i mean if you dont believe it , move on with your lives, no need for mockeries right ??? noone likes to be mocked, so why mock other peoples belief ?? when the Apocalypse doesnt happen you can always say "i told you so..."

...To whom are you referring?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
to whomever feels the need to deprove something just for the simple fact they dont believe it ...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
****Psst...I think she means me! ****

I can offer that forcing/cajoling/preaching sensible people back to common sense is as much of a missionary undertaking as any religious variant.

new topics

top topics

join