It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia and New Zealand refuse to help the Russians aboard a yacht in distress

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
-
edit on 11/24/2021 by VierEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

IF this is true then they are in breach of internationally agreed maritime codes of conduct and also basic human decency.

It is possible though given the family are Russian that someone got overzealous and assumed illegal migrants or some other stupid notion as they are or rather were dealing with an influx of people via south east Asia trying to get into Australia but even so this is just plain BAD and EVIL if it is true.

If it is true then this is likely to disgust the majority of Australians and New Zealanders as well.

I am also under the belief that this may also construe a diplomatic issue and a CRIME under international LAW as it would be a definite breech of the international law of the sea under which nations must provide whatever assistance they reasonably can if they are the closest to a vessel in distress, this does not matter if it is a Ship, War Ship (time of peace of course), Yacht as in this case, Fishing boat or even illegal migrants.

Covid Restrictions and even Quarantine laws on the mainland do NOT give them an excuse.

I would assume this incident did not get any higher than some petty bureaucrat in both nations or that if the decision not to offer aid did come from higher up that the one responsible was either ignorant of there responsibility under UN charter of that they were wilfully breaking the law as well as being utter nincompoops and vile examples of humanity.

Seriously it is incidents like this that get me angry, if this family had come to serious harm it would in my opinion be tantamount to manslaughter by these states.

If this is true then someone needs to look at whoever made the decision not to help, the circumstances and reason and if that person should be replaced and in my opinion they definitely should be, Russia should also make a formal complaint at the UN even though there are bigger fish to fry as this is a flagrant breach of international maritime law.

maritime-executive.com...

“Article 98 (1) of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982 (UNCLOS) requires masters of vessels sailing under the flag of signatory States to render assistance to those in distress at sea. It is primarily a State duty fulfilled by the master of the vessel. The master is freed from this requirement only in circumstances where the assisting vessel, the crew or the passengers on board would be seriously endangered as a result of rendering assistance to those in distress.

edit on 24-11-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks. Your answer is the wisest of all that sounded here)))

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

yep.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: pheonix358
This happens time and time again.

This time, Mum, Dad and two children.

They thought it a good idea to set sail and if they haven't planned well, they expect other countries to come to their rescue.

Just who pays for this, Australia does.

Now if a Russian Naval ship was in trouble, or any commercial ship for that matter, then we will gladly help.

But these types are all too common. The South Pacific and Indian oceans are vast.

They claim to be in distress but no details.

Pack the ship, out we go, onward ... oh crap ... wasn't ready for that ... help!

P

A Russian family on a yacht is ready to pay any expenses, they were originally planned in the budget for the trip. I repeat, they ask for help not for free, but for money.
Although after such an incident, I think Australia cannot call itself a country with democracy, human rights and tolerance. Australia is ruled not by universal values, but by trivial money.

With everything happening in Australia in regards to covid at the moment, they left being a country of democracy, human rights and tolerance behind for some time already. This is just another item to add to the list.

Before I open up the floodgates of Aussies feeling offended, I’m talking about the actions of the government, not individual Aussies, I’m sure you, like all common folk on the planet, are great people

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I understand that all people who have lived in Washington for a year become extremely stupid and ugly)))

i agree with you on washington now that the democrats are in control.

Communist parties in countries around the world never trust the Communist parties in other countries

Funny part is my computer shows the AIS on the SV lady mary shows its in port.

The current position of LADY MARY is in Tasman Sea with coordinates -43.12674° / 147.25148° as reported on 2021-06-26 00:39 by AIS to our vessel tracker app. The vessel's current speed is 0 Knots and is currently inside the port of BLUNY ISLAND.
The vessel LADY MARY (MMSI: 273334590) It's sailing under the flag of [RU] Russia.

Might be a Typo but if they are in the port of 'BRUNY' Island (not BLUNY) then that would place them safely on the east coast of Tasmania. Lovely place BRUNY Island this time of year and the local aussies would certainly look after them if this is in fact when they stationed their vessel after leaving Western Australia.

The east coast of Australia is experiencing an El Nino weather effect. Storms, large seas would restrict small vessel movement across the Tasman sea. I have had experience on the water in this part of the world. The Sydney to Hobart race is an example of what to expect this time of year. Yachts wrecked, lives lost. So if they are there they may have to wait this one out. Island produce on BRUNY island is quality so there won't be any shortage of food.

Tasmania has Bass Strait to the north, the Great Australian Bight to the west, Antarctica to the south, NZ to the east. If I had a choice and money I'd stock and rest up at Bruny Island till the weather calms down.

Of course I am relying on their position, if in fact they are anchored there. If I'm wrong so be it.

Kind regards to all,

Bally

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Hi RT,

If they are in the anchorage of Kettering Tasmania near Bruny Island as reported by their co ordinates, then they are safe.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I find it hard to believe as all Maritime laws are reciprocal for sailors in distress, it could easily have been a NZ ship of off Russian waters. Maritime law is quite clear that you can put in anywhere for repairs and provisioning. It might be wise to really check this story out for sources.

edit on 24-11-2021 by anonentity because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I find it hard to believe as all Maritime laws are reciprocal for sailors in distress, it could easily have been a NZ ship of off Russian waters. Maritime law is quite clear that you can put in anywhere for repairs and provisioning. It might be wise to really check this story out for sources.

True. The Australian Maritime College is based in Tasmania. They also monitor the saes around Tassy. Got my quals through there. Be a different matter if that activated their distress beacon. They would most certainly be looked after otherwise they would be guided by radio to the next safest anchorage. Seas are a bitch down there at the moment. If they were south in the Bight then I feel Kettering near Bruny would be a good choice to lay up before progressing to the Polynesian Islands.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Is this guy the captain? the one that was selling the bikes July 2019. FWIW his social media presence seems shallow and incomplete no mention of a family, at first glance looks well excuse my American vernacular bogus as hell.

this should be big news but nothing when you search his name on any MSM nothing from Australia, New Zealand?

edit on 24-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Is this guy the captain? the one that was selling the bikes July 2019. FWIW his social media presence seems shallow and incomplete no mention of a family, at first glance looks well excuse my American vernacular bogus as hell.

this should be big news but nothing when you search his name on any MSM nothing from Australia, New Zealand?

Good research. Since there are nothing but cricket noises from previous posters I guess you are right. Tragically 2 countries copped flack over this thread.

But wait, this was reported from a Russian News Source? Hope not because who believes media these days.

My regards to the captain being entertained in an Australian Port. He should set up a social media plea:- "Go fund me. I have to get to the Polynesian Islands."

My thoughts,

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Please read the latest posts.

From your post.

"IF this is true then they are in breach of internationally agreed maritime codes of conduct and also basic human decency."

"If it is true then this is likely to disgust the majority of Australians and New Zealanders as well."

"If this is true then someone needs to look at whoever made the decision not to help, the circumstances and reason and if that person should be replaced and in my opinion they definitely should be, Russia should also make a formal complaint at the UN even though there are bigger fish to fry as this is a flagrant breach of international maritime law."

So after one of your usual lengthy narratives without beginning with "If this true". Please comment. These countries are not at fault in any way and any supposition about illegal immigrants, fishing boats, quarantine, UN intervention on behalf of Russia and, my goodness, crime on the high seas."

Was all that true?

Well the bait has been taken or as us older Aussies say, "Come in spinner".

My regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Well as an Aussie, my apologies, very disappointed by our government
Though I would like to know a little more, I can’t read Russian and these things often turn out somewhat more complicated than reported

Glad you asked. But read the latest posts. No need to apologise for being Australian.

This went to far.

Kind regards Raggedy,

Bally

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

G'day P. Your thoughts if you read page 3. Your initial post is pretty well on track.

My regards to you and SA.

Bally NSW.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

You said, "There doesn't appear to be a two way discussion taking place here"

I say, "Spot on" mate. Aussie vernacular used there

Cheers, beers and tears from laughing.

Bally

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
According to the article:

The Klochkov family has been traveling around the world on the Lady Mary yacht since 2018. There are four crew members on board - captain Andrey Klochkov, his wife and senior assistant Marina Klochkova, their daughter and senior sailor Anastasia Klochkova, and 10-year-old cabin boy Lada Klochkova. For three years, the travelers managed to pass Cape Horn, Antarctica, Point Nemo and the Cape of Good Hope. The fifth stage of their expedition was supposed to end in December 2020, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, they had to stay in Western Australia for a year.

So, after laying up in WA for a year, they set off again - but have now discovered that quarantine restrictions mean that, like everyone else, they can't just pull into a NZ port and go shopping. Maybe they should have considered that before setting sail again?

Bit of a none story IMO. There's nothing in the article to suggest that they are in real distress. Just annoyed that they are not being treated differently to everyone else!

BINGO!

Like your reply here. Perhaps read further on and this remark will appear to be remarkable.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Well as an Aussie, my apologies, very disappointed by our government
Though I would like to know a little more, I can’t read Russian and these things often turn out somewhat more complicated than reported

Glad you asked. But read the latest posts. No need to apologise for being Australian.

This went to far.

Kind regards Raggedy,

Bally

Sounded real dodgy, no one on the water leaves no one in distress on the water.
Never heard of anything like it in my life

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Great post and Vid. Had a good laugh over that.

Bally

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join