It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia and New Zealand refuse to help the Russians aboard a yacht in distress

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Australia and New Zealand refused to help a Russian family with two children on board the yacht, which is now in distress. This is reported by the edition "Lenta.ru".

It is noted that the family on the yacht went on a round-the-world trip, on the way they almost ran out of fresh water, and the ship itself was damaged and needs urgent repairs. Foreign ports are denied admission for fear they may be infected with the coronavirus. At the same time, the Klochkov family with two children are in autonomous navigation for 11 weeks without calling in ports.

The authorities of countries, including Australia and New Zealand, are afraid even to simply transfer food and water to the yacht. Now the yacht "Lady Mary" is sailing towards French Polynesia.

The son of the famous navigator Fyodor Konyukhov said:

"Just imagine, 77 days in an autonomous voyage, on freeze-dried products. Fresh ones have long ended. You can stay in autonomous voyage for a year, but they did not plan this, they planned to go to the islands and replenish supplies ... The Klochkovs tried to explain to the authorities on the coast, that they have been in the ocean for 77 days and are neither carriers nor sick. They are cleaner and safer than those on the coast. But for these countries the letter of the law is dearer. This is a flagrant disgrace. "

I don't even know how to comment on this news. This is impossible in Russia.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll
C-19 has made people scared and even more stupid than they were before. I can not believe someone can not get to them for some supplies or even a helicopter kick out of necessaries. Sick stupid world IMO.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hopefully a near by private vessel comes to their aide.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

My Russian is a bit rusty, so can you assist in translating the nature of the damage to the vessel and the repairs needed? (I assume it is included in the article). Also, have they officially declared an emergency (Mayday or S.O.S)? I suspect they have not, and instead have only requested assistance. Under International Maritime Law an official declaration of distress by a vessel in International Waters triggers a different set of laws and responses than just a request for assistance. The down side is, they may lose the vessel in the process because the priority is saving lives first, all else is a distant second.

Some additional information on this situation would be helpful. There is likely more to this story than what we see here.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This happens time and time again.

This time, Mum, Dad and two children.

They thought it a good idea to set sail and if they haven't planned well, they expect other countries to come to their rescue.

Just who pays for this, Australia does.

Now if a Russian Naval ship was in trouble, or any commercial ship for that matter, then we will gladly help.

But these types are all too common. The South Pacific and Indian oceans are vast.

They claim to be in distress but no details.

Pack the ship, out we go, onward ... oh crap ... wasn't ready for that ... help!

P

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The world has lost common sense. Everyone has gone completely mental!

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Well as an Aussie, my apologies, very disappointed by our government
Though I would like to know a little more, I can’t read Russian and these things often turn out somewhat more complicated than reported

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If you personally find yourself in such a situation off the Russian coast, then you will certainly be provided with all the necessary assistance. The Russian Ministry for Emergency Situations works very clearly and the main thing for them is to save people, any people, and for free.
In general, it is strange to hear this from a representative of a country that, as she thinks, is the leader of democracy, human rights, tolerance and compassion. Or does it not concern the Russians? Then this is pure racism.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
This happens time and time again.

This time, Mum, Dad and two children.

They thought it a good idea to set sail and if they haven't planned well, they expect other countries to come to their rescue.

Just who pays for this, Australia does.

Now if a Russian Naval ship was in trouble, or any commercial ship for that matter, then we will gladly help.

But these types are all too common. The South Pacific and Indian oceans are vast.

They claim to be in distress but no details.

Pack the ship, out we go, onward ... oh crap ... wasn't ready for that ... help!

P

A Russian family on a yacht is ready to pay any expenses, they were originally planned in the budget for the trip. I repeat, they ask for help not for free, but for money.
Although after such an incident, I think Australia cannot call itself a country with democracy, human rights and tolerance. Australia is ruled not by universal values, but by trivial money.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Well as an Aussie, my apologies, very disappointed by our government
Though I would like to know a little more, I can’t read Russian and these things often turn out somewhat more complicated than reported

IIt's fine, Thak you. I perfectly understand the differences between ordinary people and governments. Here a colleague a little higher expressed the opinion that a private ship would approach the yacht and help with water and food. I hope and believe))))
edit on 24-11-2021 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

If you personally find yourself in such a situation off the Russian coast, then you will certainly be provided with all the necessary assistance. The Russian Ministry for Emergency Situations works very clearly and the main thing for them is to save people, any people, and for free.
In general, it is strange to hear this from a representative of a country that, as she thinks, is the leader of democracy, human rights, tolerance and compassion. Or does it not concern the Russians? Then this is pure racism.

I don't think it has anything to do with the fact they are Russian. A vessel under any other flag of the world would most likely be treated similarly.

The bigger question is...why did they pick now (in the middle of this covid stupidity) to set off on a round-the-world sailing voyage? Doesn't seem like the best decision if you ask me.

ETA - Given the current events going on in Australia related to covid, I certainly wouldn't call them the poster child for human rights and civil rights. I love Australia, but the government there seems to have lost its mind.
edit on 11/24/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I don't think it has anything to do with the fact they are Russian. A vessel under any other flag of the world would most likely be treated similarly.

The bigger question is...why did they pick now (in the middle of this covid stupidity) to set off on a round-the-world sailing voyage? Doesn't seem like the best decision if you ask me.

Are you saying that Australia and New Zealand are outcasts? Perhaps.

If you have forgotten what Freedom is and are used to tyranny, then Russians live freely.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I have forgotten nothing. What I am saying is:

a.) I am sure that the Russians would be more than helpful and gracious in such a circumstance, unlike the Kiwi and in particular the Australian governments. Of this I have no doubt.

b.) I cannot speak for NZ, but currently the Australian government has lost its mind over the covid issue. Their response to the Chicom flu is nothing short of Orwellian, and it is a disgrace to the world. Quite candidly it is shocking, and way out of proportion to anything which could be considered "reasonable".

Is this more clear?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   

If you are so principled, then hire a yacht and bring water and food to a family with two children. They will pay you for it, all your expenses.
If not, then you have no moral right to talk about human rights, democracy, tolerance. values of human life. And even more so to teach this to other peoples and countries.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
According to the article:

The Klochkov family has been traveling around the world on the Lady Mary yacht since 2018. There are four crew members on board - captain Andrey Klochkov, his wife and senior assistant Marina Klochkova, their daughter and senior sailor Anastasia Klochkova, and 10-year-old cabin boy Lada Klochkova. For three years, the travelers managed to pass Cape Horn, Antarctica, Point Nemo and the Cape of Good Hope. The fifth stage of their expedition was supposed to end in December 2020, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, they had to stay in Western Australia for a year.

So, after laying up in WA for a year, they set off again - but have now discovered that quarantine restrictions mean that, like everyone else, they can't just pull into a NZ port and go shopping. Maybe they should have considered that before setting sail again?

Bit of a none story IMO. There's nothing in the article to suggest that they are in real distress. Just annoyed that they are not being treated differently to everyone else!

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   

There doesn't appear to be a two way discussion taking place here ...

Cheers

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Australia and New Zealand refused to help a Russian family with two children on board the yacht, which is now in distress. This is reported by the edition "Lenta.ru".

It is noted that the family on the yacht went on a round-the-world trip, on the way they almost ran out of fresh water, and the ship itself was damaged and needs urgent repairs. Foreign ports are denied admission for fear they may be infected with the coronavirus. At the same time, the Klochkov family with two children are in autonomous navigation for 11 weeks without calling in ports.

The authorities of countries, including Australia and New Zealand, are afraid even to simply transfer food and water to the yacht. Now the yacht "Lady Mary" is sailing towards French Polynesia.

The son of the famous navigator Fyodor Konyukhov said:

"Just imagine, 77 days in an autonomous voyage, on freeze-dried products. Fresh ones have long ended. You can stay in autonomous voyage for a year, but they did not plan this, they planned to go to the islands and replenish supplies ... The Klochkovs tried to explain to the authorities on the coast, that they have been in the ocean for 77 days and are neither carriers nor sick. They are cleaner and safer than those on the coast. But for these countries the letter of the law is dearer. This is a flagrant disgrace. "

I don't even know how to comment on this news. This is impossible in Russia.

Thanks.
If they had been off the English coast in a rubber dinghy the UK border force would have picked them up,taken them ashore,put them in a four star hotel,fed them and given them pocket money to spend- no passports required.
Oh wait a minute,they are too white so maybe not.
Seems Western nationals only help Africans and Asians.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Well, first of all, I was actually agreeing with you (sort of), not to mention my starring and flagging your OP. However, now that you seem to have taken it upon yourself to lecture me on my principles I offer you the following:

a.) I sincerely doubt the owners of this vessel could pay me, or anyone else, for their full expenses to launch such a relief mission, so that is all just "smoke" and bravado. I suspect they are willing to pay for the supplies themselves, but the costs to get those supplies to them are likely far beyond the means of the owner's of the vessel.

b.) I am a long, long, way away from Australia and NZ. In fact, I am a long, long, way away from any ocean for that matter. I am just about as far as you can get from an ocean actually.

c.) As for my 'moral rights' to talk about human rights; as a citizen of the most powerful nation in the free world, and champion of freedom around the globe, I have every right to do just exactly that. I also have the right to speak out against my current leadership in this country. You, on the other hand, will do just exactly as Vladimir tells you to do. You will speak if he tells you to speak, but more importantly, you will sit down in silence if he tells you to.

d.) Lastly, seeing as how you are so forthright and generous, why don't YOU, along with your Russian comrades, launch a rescue mission to save one of your own??

Beyond this, you can save the propaganda for someone who might be influenced by it. I will not.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

There doesn't appear to be a two way discussion taking place here ...

Cheers

LOL!

No, there most certainly does not! LOL!

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
According to the article:

The Klochkov family has been traveling around the world on the Lady Mary yacht since 2018. There are four crew members on board - captain Andrey Klochkov, his wife and senior assistant Marina Klochkova, their daughter and senior sailor Anastasia Klochkova, and 10-year-old cabin boy Lada Klochkova. For three years, the travelers managed to pass Cape Horn, Antarctica, Point Nemo and the Cape of Good Hope. The fifth stage of their expedition was supposed to end in December 2020, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, they had to stay in Western Australia for a year.

So, after laying up in WA for a year, they set off again - but have now discovered that quarantine restrictions mean that, like everyone else, they can't just pull into a NZ port and go shopping. Maybe they should have considered that before setting sail again?

Bit of a none story IMO. There's nothing in the article to suggest that they are in real distress. Just annoyed that they are not being treated differently to everyone else!

BINGO!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join