It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we helping Haiti

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

after high-level U.S. officials visited Haiti and promised more resources for Haiti’s National Police, including another $15 million to help reduce gang violence

Can someone help me with this? Why are we helping Haiti, why are we pumping any money into that place.
If the US has one dollar to spare why isn’t it going to reduce OUR gang violence. Being in the Midwest I can tell you the shooting in Milwaukee and Chicago are atrocious. I doubt any money has been spent there.

I’m asking, but I’m not really silly, I know they are sending millions there, but the Haitian people won’t see a penny of it. It will slide right into the back door pocket of different US and Haitian politicians as usual. The question should be, why are we OK with this?

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Because they have lots of little children that our leaders can 'adopt' ?

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
The question should be, why are we OK with this?

We should be employing the Corporal Hicks strategy on Haiti.

If the only two places left for me to inhabit were Haiti or the surface of the sun I'd pack my SPF 1,000,000.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Haiti is relatively close to you, it's people all want to live in your country.

A stable nation with law's, borders, police and it's own army and maritime enforcement agency is preferable for your own nations safety and stability.

Or don't help them and let crime, mass escape which means illegal migration to your nation to continue, one in the long term is far cheaper for your nation than the other, guess which.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

A stable nation with law's, borders, police and it's own army and maritime enforcement agency is preferable for your own nations safety and stability.

Are we talking about the US?

😂

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Why are we helping Haiti

because we need to launder billions of tax payers money and payback favors via foreign countries where its easy to manipulate and hide transactions and disbursement of payments.

edit on 081031America/ChicagoMon, 18 Oct 2021 09:08:35 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
A stable nation with law's, borders...

You should never use those words and "Haiti' in the same sentence.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Not just Haiti why all sorts of different countries makes you think do they like us or our money.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Can't we just send Haiti a bunch of Hunter's paintings?...Those things are more valuable than gold!

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Don’t you remember that play about the dude on the ten dollar bill? That and Haiti is the second oldest independent nation in the Western Hemisphere, the first being the US. So the Monroe Doctrine keeps us involved to prevent another communist takeover as what happened with Cuba.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Because they have lots of little children that our leaders can 'adopt' ?

We have a winner!

Remember the last time haiti had a huge earthquake and was in ruins, so the clinton foundation came in and 'helped' them?

Then suddenly all the reporters who were exposing the huge child trafficking operation kept winding up decapitated in rivers, sewers, and ditches?
Notice how the people behind all that are also the leaders of the free world now?
Gee, I wonder why they're "helping" over there again.

Haiti has a very small touristy area- where rich white people can go through and visit while surrounded by armed security. If you go more than 100 feet from your party, you'll be abducted for various not good purposes.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I thought that the Clinton Foundation already took care of Hati.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

edit on 18-10-2021 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.yahoo.com...

I’m asking, but I’m not really silly, I know they are sending millions there, but the Haitian people won’t see a penny of it. It will slide right into the back door pocket of different US and Haitian politicians as usual. The question should be, why are we OK with this?

Rarely does any of the money raised to assist people in other countries, ever reach the people that are truly in need.

It has been a racket that has been going one for ages.

Why do we put up with it? Because the average American thinks of themselves as viewers, not participants.

Most American have been conditioned to live in a virtual world. The are conditioned to think, feel, desire, and behave, on cue. Half the time they have no real reason for doing it, they saw someone else do it, they are condition to fit in, so they do it too.

Too many don't even realize it. I don't mean to sound snarky. It is not something they do with thoughtful or on purpose, it is strictly by design. I hate always being the odd man out. The one with the reputation for being rebellious, the troublemaker, the one bad cog in the wheel. Sometimes I wish I could go along to get along, it just is not something I am good at controlling, so I understand why people, rarely fight back and simply go with the flow.

It truly is by design. I have asked several people what did they mean by, "Let's go Brandon", none knew how or why this was started. As I commented in another thread, internet memes, fads, and trends, are choking out and smothering any real, or beneficial content. It is like overgrown kudzu.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStormIt may have something to do with the Christian heritage of the US. How do you help the poor and unfortunate. You help to feed clothe and shelter them. Isn't this in the Bible? I know it was when I went to church when I was young?

Feed the needy. We had outreach programs for the poor. Our church sponsored community projects to help our neighborhoods. Isn't this the same thing on a much larger scale? Our Christian nation helps another nation? We take them in here and house them for a bit and help them to find jobs? Help them support their families?

I mean, just like you ask, why else? It's a sink hole. Climate change is going to destroy the rubble that it is now. There is no future there, it's over for that place. So why, is a very good question.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

They are only showing the video where they got the result they wanted. How many times did someone go to the desk and ask what is going on. I know I would have. I'm not standing until someone explains the reasoning.

Over 50% of Americans are not vaccinated. They tried to block dissent to keep moving them but it failed. It is not moving anymore. The experiment failed. If they don't stop the experiment all hell is going to break lose. It already has but it will get far worse.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: JAGStormIt may have something to do with the Christian heritage of the US. How do you help the poor and unfortunate. You help to feed clothe and shelter them. Isn't this in the Bible? I know it was when I went to church when I was young?

Feed the needy. We had outreach programs for the poor. Our church sponsored community projects to help our neighborhoods. Isn't this the same thing on a much larger scale? Our Christian nation helps another nation? We take them in here and house them for a bit and help them to find jobs? Help them support their families?

I mean, just like you ask, why else? It's a sink hole. Climate change is going to destroy the rubble that it is now. There is no future there, it's over for that place. So why, is a very good question.

Charity starts at home. That is why I mentioned it in my post. There are gang problems all over the US. Who are we to “fix” another country when we can’t even do that for ourselves?
We also have our share of poor people. Yes it’s awful that they have been devastated by nature, but again, we have hurricanes, snow storms and the like. We need to stop being the world savior and refocus on our own people.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Profit & Loss statements for all involved "Charities" need to be checked and balanced 😎

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Same reason why we give any country foreign aid....so our own politicians can skim 80% off the top.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Totally true. we helped them savages out by putting them in a proper reservation....errr home. Same with African-Americans....we beat the heatheness out of them and taught them a work ethic.

Yay us!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join