It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senemut Astronomical Ceiling Turns the World on its Head

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Senemut was the architect of Queen Hatshepsut, who ruled Egypt circa 1500 BCE and in his tomb there can be found the strange Senemut astronomical ceiling.

This astronomical ceiling has caused much debate and even controversy among scholars for many decades since the arrangement of the stars and planets it depicts only make sense when viewed from the perspective of the Earth having once been upside-down.As its name suggests, the image is painted onto a ceiling and you have to imagine it from that perspective, seated on the chamber floor and looking upwards.

The image below shows the figure of Orion/Osiris (Sah) with a small star above his head and the yellow disc above the figure of Sirius/Isis. As the panel labels suggest, the top ceiling panel is oriented southwards while the northern panel at the bottom of the image is aligned to cardinal north. Since the stars of Orion and Sirius are only ever observed in the southern sky of the northern hemisphere, this seemingly confirms the orientation of the ceiling. But appearances can sometimes be deceptive and all is not what it seems with this ceiling. There’s something very peculiar about it. The first to comment on the peculiar nature of this astronomical ceiling was the Russian scholar, Alexander Pogo, who tells us this:

So what does Pogo actually mean by this? How does Orion appear east of Sirius?

The image below I hope gives you a better perspective and idea of what Pogo is meaning for, as we can now see, the figure of Orion on the ceiling is indeed furthest towards the East wall of the chamber while Sirius is more toward the chamber's western wall:

Which is extremely odd because when we compare these relative positions of Orion and Sirius on the ceiling with the actual positions of Orion and Sirius in the southern sky of Egypt today (see image below), we find a complete mismatch.

In the above we see that the Orion stars are actually to the west of the southern sky (northern hemisphere) while the star Sirius is to the left (not the right) of Orion in the actual sky. But these aren’t the only anomalies we find with this ceiling. Scientist and author, Michael Reade, observed that on the Senenmut ceiling Sirius towers above Orion in the sky whereas in the actual sky the reverse is true – Orion’s Belt towers high above Sirius.

Reade made some other curious observations of this astronomical ceiling:

Reade further observed this:

The final point of note with regards to this ceiling is the demon Goddess Taweret way down at the centre of the northern panel.

She represents a hippopotamus with a crocodile on her back and is the AE goddess of childbirth. In astronomical depictions she is always found facing eastwards. On the Senenmut ceiling, however, as we can see here she faces in the opposite direction – to the west with the eastern wall to her back. We can better see this here:

So what on Earth is going on with this astronomical ceiling? Why are there so many elements of it that are completely the opposite of what they should be? Well, let’s see what happens with the ceiling when we turn the Earth upside-down and thereby swap north and south, east and west.

So here we have turned the ceiling 180° and the southern panel now aligns with the northern sky of the southern hemisphere while the northern panel is now aligned to the southern sky of the southern hemisphere. We’re now looking at everything as it would be seen if we were living in Australia or New Zealand. The first thing to observe here is that Orion and Sirius have now swapped places –Sirius is now closest to the chamber's eastern wall and Orion is now to the west.

And when we compare this reversed arrangement of the ceiling with the northern sky of the southern hemisphere, this is what we find:

Orion is west on the ceiling and Orion is west in the actual sky and, of course, Sirius is east on the ceiling and east in the actual sky. Also of note here is Michael Reade’s observation. Here now we see that Sirius towers above Orion just as we see in the ceiling.When we now consider the relative position of the ecliptic line, we find that the sky and ceiling match here too.

In the top image of the northern sky of the southern hemisphere, we see that Orion and Sirius and the planets are now above the ecliptic line, just as they are shown on the Senenmut Ceiling. Orion is west, Sirius East, Orion is lower, Sirius higher. The ceiling matches perfectly when we rotate it 180° to align it with the northern sky of the southern hemisphere.

Finally, the goddess Taweret, with this Earth inversion now faces EAST just as she does in all other astronomical depictions of her.

And so, with a complete inversion of the Earth, all of these anomalies of the Senemut astronomical ceiling completely vanish. And here is Immanuel Velikovsky with the final word on this peculiar astronomical ceiling:

SC

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

Excellent thread! My big question, since I didn't see it mentioned here is, "What is the date that the panels was created?" I really can't see them getting everything backwards in the tomb. It would be like building Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel upside down and backwards.

Wikipedia calls it 1473 BC, but that seems a bit too close to modern times. It would require that the inversion occurred in the last 3500 years.
Wiki on Ceiling

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/11.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's a common error in projecting, to invert axes. Occams razor would propably go with that...

But maybe teocentryzm was a thing?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Wikipedia calls it 1473 BC, but that seems a bit too close to modern times. It would require that the inversion occurred in the last 3500 years.
Wiki on Ceiling

Cheers - Dave

Or over 7,250 years ago give or take a 3 millennia.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I am not very knowledgeable of this particular kind of information. I do find it interesting.

The first thing I thought, was maybe it was being viewed from the wrong perspective. It was being viewed from below, what would it look like being viewed from above?

When I read the end of your post, my first thought was of the reported Biblical world flood. It is believed to have occurred around 2350 BC.

This supposedly was drawn around 1500 BC, that would make about a 850 year difference in time, but maybe they got the dates wrong, and maybe a planetary flip would explain the flood theory.

I am just throwing stuff out there. I have no experience in this at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skada

Wiki on Ceiling

Cheers - Dave

Or over 7,250 years ago give or take a 3 millennia.

How do you get 7,250 years? I think 1473 (bc) and 2021 (ad) are 3494, unless math has changed? Personally, I would think it should be placed 10,000-15,000 years ago. I am just wondering if archeology is being messed with like everything else. What was that line.... "When they believe all our lies are truths, then we will be ready."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. So I wonder are there other ancient sites in the Northern Hemisphere that depict the constellations like this around the same era?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ummm...perhaps the images were drawn in correct orientation and then...reflected...onto the ceiling and thus inscribed...and not corrected for position but only grammatic representation...?

A reflection would be a reverse representation of an original...maybe they forgot the other focal mirror...?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Im no expert,but could it be a depiction of the stars from the perspective of their afterlife location-a kind of reversed/mirror world sort of deal..
It almost seems like it may be trying to depict our planets location,but in a different dimension with the stars in opposite positions??

Another thought-Has anyone tried lying in the center of the chamber looking up and doing the eye blurring/sort of cross eyed technique used in those 3D "Magic Eye" images?

The way the ceiling has two halves looks to me as though you may get a autosterogram image(kind of bringing the two halve together to form a seperate and 3D image-incoporating both images into one .(Sorry hard to explain)
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

maybe a planetary flip would explain the flood theory.

Ummm...When we talk of polar flips...it the magnetic pole...not the physical planet doing a 180...

If the planet were to flip orientation...then extreme...sudden...continental drift alone not to mention what would happen to wind speed and oceanic displacement...the enormous release of volcanic and earthquake activity as continental plates slammed into one another causing massive subductions...

The resulting orbital oscillation's would still be felt today...just thinking of the amount of energy required to cause the planet to shift it's orientation would take being slammed by another planetary/moon sized object...

At least from the small amount of thought I just expended on the subject...

Nothing would survive such a cataclysm...except perhaps the microbes...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What if halfway through, Senenmut realized he was wrong, proclaimed "JUPITER'S CACK!" and decided to keep going with it anyways because it was too late and he'd gotten too far to start over?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
It's a common error in projecting, to invert axes. Occams razor would propably go with that...

But maybe teocentryzm was a thing?

Either the earth flips upside down on occasion… im guessing every 12k years or so…

Or it’s what you said.

Though i think the 12k years things holds a lot of merit. Don’t ask me to explain. It’s a very in depth discussion and I don’t have the time and don’t want the effort in explaining it. Do your own research.

Also… you have a forum dedicated to you? Are you the new owner of ATS?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...When we talk of polar flips...it the magnetic pole...not the physical planet doing a 180...

If the planet were to flip orientation...then extreme...sudden...continental drift alone not to mention what would happen to wind speed and oceanic displacement...the enormous release of volcanic and earthquake activity as continental plates slammed into one another causing massive subductions...

The resulting orbital oscillation's would still be felt today...just thinking of the amount of energy required to cause the planet to shift it's orientation would take being slammed by another planetary/moon sized object...

YouSir

There is crustal shift and crustal displacement theory, which is certainly possible. I think Einstein even had a look at that potential situation. Hapgood brought it up in the 50's and it certainly would account for a flood scenario.

Crustal Displacement Theory

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

What if halfway through, Senenmut realized he was wrong, proclaimed "JUPITER'S CACK!" and decided to keep going with it anyways because it was too late and he'd gotten too far to start over?

That would ignore Occam's Eraser . . . . (Hah - could not resist)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

GREAT OP !!! S&F’s!

I have no problem believing the Sun may have or could rise in the West.
I looked everywhere I could for more info on the Sun rising in the West.
The only reference I found was a future prophecy in the Quran.
Link: www.harunyahya.com...

I did find this in the Bible but it talks of the Sun and Moon stopping in the sky for a day. Joshua10:12-14

Then Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel: Sun, stand still over Gibeon; and Moon, in the Valley of Aijalon. So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the people had revenge upon their enemies. Is this not written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hastened to go down for about a whole day. And there has been no day like that, before it or after it, that the Lord heeded a voice of a man; for the Lord fought for Israel (Joshua 10:12-14).

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: It’s the Swamp Yankee thing again

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

YouSir

There is crustal shift and crustal displacement theory, which is certainly possible. I think Einstein even had a look at that potential situation. Hapgood brought it up in the 50's and it certainly would account for a flood scenario.

Cheers - Dave

Ummm...how...then...would one account for the 40,000,000 year old ice deposition on the Antarctic continent...if it were in the mid latitudes mere centuries ago...

I think that if the entire Lithosphere were sliding around through tens and possibly hundreds of degrees in short periods of time...then the subsequent oscillations would cause massive geologic...tectonic...volcanic and earthquake disturbances...not to mention sloshing the oceans over the landmasses...also not to mention the super hurricane and extreme jet stream effects it would engender...

Methinks that...Hapgood...and his adherents...forget about one simple reason that completely shutters his theory...

That being the volcanic island chains of Hawaii...and the Aleutians...

if the entire lithosphere had moved...then the Hawaiian chain...and every other volcanic eruptive chain would have slid beyond the upwelling magma cones they have occupied for millions of years...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Totally a shot in the dark, but it would be funny if we found out the artist got his sketch drawing upside down lol
And accidentally painted it backwards

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

YouSir

Cheers - Dave

Ummm...how...then...would one account for the 40,000,000 year old ice deposition on the Antarctic continent...if it were in the mid latitudes mere centuries ago...

I think that if the entire Lithosphere were sliding around through tens and possibly hundreds of degrees in short periods of time...then the subsequent oscillations would cause massive geologic...tectonic...volcanic and earthquake disturbances...not to mention sloshing the oceans over the landmasses...also not to mention the super hurricane and extreme jet stream effects it would engender...

Methinks that...Hapgood...and his adherents...forget about one simple reason that completely shutters his theory...

if the entire lithosphere had moved...then the Hawaiian chain...and every other volcanic eruptive chain would have slid beyond the upwelling magma cones they have occupied for millions of years...

YouSir

I dunno, it's not who votes, but who counts the votes, right? Who's to say it's 40 million years old. And what about all those 1000 year old maps that show the outline of the antarctic coast when it was supposedly covered in ice? I am not saying that everything the PTB say is a lie, just most of it ;-)

Personally, I think the earth is expanding and originally started out as globe around 6000 miles in diameter, but that's only because all the continents fit together very nicely on a much smaller diameter sphere, but who knows eh? Nothing is cast in granite, except maybe granite and that too is questionable.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/11.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

YouSir

Cheers - Dave

YouSir

I dunno, it's not who votes, but who counts the votes, right? Who's to say it's 40 million years old. And what about all those 1000 year old maps that show the outline of the antarctic coast when it was supposedly covered in ice? I am not saying that everything the PTB say is a lie, just most of it ;-)

Personally, I think the earth is expanding and originally started out as globe around 6000 miles in diameter, but that's only because all the continents fit together very nicely on a much smaller diameter sphere, but who knows eh? Nothing is cast in granite, except maybe granite and that too is questionable.

Cheers - Dave

earth would have had to have been smaller or else how to you account for all the dust, meteors, and comets.
mass is constantly being added to the planet

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

YouSir

Cheers - Dave

YouSir

Cheers - Dave

Ummm...One wonders if the additions to the earths mass through cosmic dust and asteroid bombardment...is offset by the atmospheric stripping by the solar wind...but then one wonders if that offset is offset by off gassing from geologic... vegetable/animal/anaerobic activity...

It appears to be a strangely balanced...and choreographed system...even if it is a holographic illusion...and I'm just a bot...executing my programming...

"I think...I think...therefore I am"...or conversely..."I am...I think...therefore I think"

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join