It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just what is really going on here ???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I have always wondered about why we spend so much time and money, exploring space when there is so little we know of this planet we call home.

Maybe it is ego. We think we know so much, when in fact, every time we learn something new about our planet, it is proof of how little we really know.

There are still worlds here that need discovering. Before we take on life on other worlds, we have to be more understanding of life on this one.

We are still too primitive. We will not be ready for many centuries to come. We won't be ready until man stops killing everything he does not find appealing. When he stops killing what he does not understand, or what frightens him.

Man's fear of death is so natural it makes us what we are. It is instinctively embedded in our psyche. We have no buisness even looking for life, when we are conveyers of death.

We will one day evolve past this obstacle. I just hope if there are more intelligent lifeforms watching us, that they keep us cocooned here, until our metamorphosis.

edit on 10-10-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Have to learn how to navigate interdimensional travel, like our alien overlords. Linear space travel is so last century!

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

We are stuck on earth because we were specifically created to live here.

Medical science is far from being able to stop many of the medical or psychological conditions we see today, but you're worried about our ability to colonize another planet?

Something isn't right about that line of thinking either.

Bottom line, certain knowledge is being kept from us by our Creator on purpose. Primarily because we ruin everything we touch. Some of it by incompetence and some of it by corruption and evil influence. Either way, advanced technology is just speeding up our demise.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

It is the Christian dilemma.

You prepare for the end of days because you are told they are coming and tomorrow is not given, so you spiritually at least prepare, but since tomorrow is also coming, you continue on in life as though it will always be there.

It is not a strange position for some of us at all.

Sanity lies in letting go of things beyond your control.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think we need to get out there in some capacity, but I'm not necessarily talking about colonization on a grand scale. There are materials in the stars we could use and if we could figure out how to access them, it would take a great burden off our planet.

And in the overcoming the challenges of figuring out how to access those raw materials, we'd also have to overcome several other problems of significance. The technologies from those solutions could be used to drastically improve things here on earth as well.

I find it encouraging that private enterprise has branched out into space rather than leaving it an exclusive province of government. Government couldn't even get us off the ground into flight although it tried. It took two guys in their garage at Kittihawk to do that.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

For a long I was having the same problem of waking up in the small hours. I'd also have distressing thoughts. I talked with my doctor and they prescribed me something. We went through a few drugs before finding the one that worked best for me. Maybe you could talk to your doctor and put an end to the hours you spend worrying through the night. I've found that getting a full nights sleep again was actually what my mental health needed.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

We are stuck on earth because we were specifically created to live here.
a reply to: Deetermined

That is exactly the kind of thinking that will keep us stuck here , and I refuse to think like that .

certain knowledge is being kept from us by our Creator on purpose.

No , I don't believe that . If things were going to be kept from us then what would be the point in giving us free will or even creating us in the first place.

Either way, advanced technology is just speeding up our demise.

Is it ? So God gave us minds but we should not use them ...I see classic religious fear .

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Your thread is based on assumptions... You're assuming our space travel evolution progressed along the same pattern as communication tech evolution.
a reply to: and14263

No sir you are assuming .

I simply used communication technology as an example , any other modern technology could be used as a viable example.

And if all you wake up worrying about is the evolution of space travel technology, then I am truly jealous.

Again sir you are assuming .

My waking up thinking about Space travel is just one example of me waking up thinking about a whole host of things .

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You're a fool if you think we can encapsulate an entire planet and pump oxygen into it to breathe, water to drink, grow food, or anything else, much less create gravity.

God gave us free will to choose right from wrong, but he's only going to allow us to take our wrongs so far, since his plan included us multiplying to a certain number before pulling the plug himself. His will still has more power than ours.

You're just showing classic ignorance.

edit on 10-10-2021 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You're a fool if you think we can encapsulate an entire planet and pump oxygen into it to breathe, water to drink, grow food, or anything else, much less create gravity.

Did I say anything about Tera-forming ? No I didn't .

But building sort of Bio domes is very viable with modern technology , and building these Bio domes over areas of the planet that could be possibly mined is even more viable . Because Tera-forming a dead planet is kinda pointless but that does not in turn mean there are no natural resources to be mined on the planet.

God gave us free will to choose right from wrong, but he's only going to allow us to take our wrongs so far, since his plan included us multiplying to a certain number before pulling the plug himself. His will still has more power than ours.

Mate I think you assume way to much about God, " He's only gonna allow us " ?? And how would you know that ?

''His plan included us Multiplying to a certain number '' ?? Again how would you know that .

Men love to think they know something about God , and they love even more using what they think they know to control people . But what is plain to see is that God created a universe with near infinite resources and unknown beauties along with unknown evils , so to think that Human existence is simply encapsulated to begin and end on Planet Earth is ridiculous .

You're a fool

What was it the Bible said about calling someone a Fool ?

– Matthew 5:22. But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool! ' will be liable to the hell of fire.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Leave it to you to not recognize statements I have made that are biblical and then turn around and try to act like you know something about the Bible by quoting one verse. Give us a break

Get used to it. Human life will end along with all evil. Period. The earth was never meant to be a permanent home for God's children, heaven is.

All human life AND DEATH will cease to exist and replaced with a permanent state of being in heavenly spiritual bodies that won't experience hunger, sickness, suffering, or death for those who use their free will to accept God instead of reject him. They will live in place prepared for them by God, and the current earth is not it. God isn't going to allow people to reject him forever and indefinitely.

If you want any kind of hope, turn to God for answers, because he's already told us that this earth and life in it has an expiration date. You're not capable of saving yourself from it. Your will and power is no match for God and his plans.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Progression in space travel is not linear.
It only progresses when money is put into it.
And that speed of progression is determined by how much money.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Progression in space travel is not linear.
It only progresses when money is put into it.
And that speed of progression is determined by how much money.

True , I suppose the same could be said about any technology.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Leave it to you to not recognize statements I have made that are biblical and then turn around and try to act like you know something about the Bible by quoting one verse. Give us a break

You continue to assume way way to much mate , I was raised religious every Sunday morning and night Church was my home . I know the Bible all to well . How very judgmental and assuming of you to think I don't .

" Give us a break " ?? who is this us you speak of I think you mean YOU.

All human life AND DEATH will cease to exist and replaced with a permanent state of being in heavenly spiritual bodies that won't experience hunger, sickness, suffering, or death for those who use their free will to accept God instead of reject him. They will live in place prepared for them by God, and the current earth is not it. God isn't going to allow people to reject him forever and indefinitely.

You really don't get it do you ?

i absolutely believe in God , I just don't believe in religion or what religion says about God .

And your overly aggressive approach with your religion in balled fist does nothing but push more and more people away from God.

If you want any kind of hope, turn to God for answers, because he's already told us that this earth and life in it has an expiration date.

No mate God didn't say that , A bunch of Jews writing the Bible said that and if you cant realize that then continue to live in fear and wish the destruction of Earth so you can go to your paradise

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Sure, just like the Jews wrote their own demise about the their own state AND religion for the heck of it. Once again, you keep proving that you don't know the Bible.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Sure, just like the Jews wrote their own demise about the their own state AND religion for the heck of it. Once again, you keep proving that you don't know the Bible.

And if you knew anything about history outside the Bible . You would know that the " Jewish State" has been destroyed or overtaken many times through out history and the temple has been destroyed and rebuilt quite a few times as well .

So what's your point ?

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well, after seeing how well we handle A plague to End all plagues, by isolating ourselves with tons of space in confined spaces, keeping the outside world out. I'd say a monkey being shot into space would have handle the coldness of space better. So long as he had bananas, Space Madness, or Cabin Fever, but in space, should not make him go bananas over it.

Don't think most will handle the extreme reality of it, especially with space alien viruses an germs that we don't know where they been, like a dollar bill. Id love to see the moon, but would get bored in 5 minutes. Id love to stay on a beach planet, but tourists, you know.
edit on 11-10-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

Worst of all, no one can see your texts...no signal, thanks to a bunch of explosions an space...lots of space.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It does bear thought on why we havnt moved as fast. I believe for one that Government stopped being functional sometime back in the early 70's and has been piss poor since then. Most technological advances were lead on the private sector and not by scientist working unde the supervision of folks in government who couldn't find their way out a torn paper ba
Now that it has become a profitable venture and capitalism has slowly taken over the space venture you will see rapid development and research by leaps and bounds.

In addition, with storage and compute evolution and progress in machine learning, artificial intelligence, you will find that this progress will be extended across all fields.

Take for example, I know the polarization behind the vax makes peoples head explode here some food for thought, whether it be and evil master plan or simply a best effort to cure or prevent spread a ton of science, learning, and collaboration went behind it and what research would have taken years to collaborate compute and reiterate to get the results too mere months due to the leaps and bounds of collaboration and computation for the result.

posted on Oct, 11 2021 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Deetermined

And if you knew anything about history outside the Bible . You would know that the " Jewish State" has been destroyed or overtaken many times through out history and the temple has been destroyed and rebuilt quite a few times as well .

So what's your point ?

The point is that all of that is included IN the Bible giving it validity, but it goes further to explain why, and why it will happen again.

I'm sure it's never crossed your mind how and why the small state of Israel is completely surrounded by it's Muslim enemies, but continues to exist and thrive today. And why exactly do over 130 countries represented at the UN continue to refuse to acknowledge it as a Jewish state, while blaming them for middle eastern problems while we have different factions of Muslims killing each other everyday over there? There's a reason behind the madness, just like the political madness that we are currently witnessing throughout the rest of the world today.

This is why you can't sleep at night. The world is finally taking its final nosedive, just like the Bible said it would. The general moral of the stories of the Bible...don't put your faith and hope in mankind, because they can't save you from what's coming...and they keep proving that everyday. Its not that hard to look around you in order to figure this one out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join